Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow's New Farm!
(12-19-2022, 11:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: 321118817_1625787841208934_2415357347522...e=63A6C187]

Hilarious

It's unreal that we have a quarterback that's this good and he's doing it all behind a shitty offensive line!

Imagine how good he'll be when we protect him!

What's unreal is you think our OLine is shitty.   

Glad this thread is getting justifiably roasted.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For the millionth time the OL isn’t shitty anymore.

Agreed.  Brad should know that is last year's mantra.  No longer.  They aren't perfect, but no offensive line is now.  The guys on the other side get paid, too.  They are doing more than enough to protect Joe and allow him time to make plays.  I wish for a bit better run blocking as the weather starts to turn, but they are far from shitty.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Probably your worst take yet Brad. Not to mention it is a direct insult to the players on that line. I don't get why fans of this team want to constantly insult our own players. Jonah played through a dislocated kneecap. Karras is playing like a top 5 center and probably is. Cappa is as solid as they come and Brady wanted him back. Collins has evidently gotten his back under control and is playing well. Volson is learning at a rocket pace. And you call them shitty? You remember that time Kay Adams blasted other broadcasters for their "lazy takes" when it comes to Bengals narratives? Yeah, this is one of those. If you're going to talk about how great Burrow is, maybe listen to what he says when he talks about how good the o line has become.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Our LT has been playing at an elite level lately. Our rookie LG has far exceeded most expectations. Our center is as solid as they come (and a fantastic leader). Our RG is really, really good. And although our RT struggles at times in pass protection he’s a complete mauler in run game.

To describe that unit as “shitty” is downright silly. And something I’d expect from casuals and outsiders who don’t closely follow this team.

This.  I don't go by numbers because they got off to such a poor start - as expected since 4 of the 5 players are new.  They have been really good since the bye, just ask Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Sorry Brad, you just don't have a leg to stand on this time....... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For the millionth time the OL isn’t shitty anymore.

Got a buncha criminals on the team too...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 12:34 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Yep. I also remember when it was basically reserved for those who were considered what it’s actually an acronym of. Now some random player has 4 good games and people are like “what a GOAT!”

I also wouldn't mind if "[insert player] is him!" left forever.

Like, it was kind of cool at the beginning, I suppose. But it has been overused so much this season that I actually lose respect for anyone who still says it.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Our LT has been playing at an elite level lately. Our rookie LG has far exceeded most expectations. Our center is as solid as they come (and a fantastic leader). Our RG is really, really good. And although our RT struggles at times in pass protection he’s a complete mauler in run game.

To describe that unit as “shitty” is downright silly. And something I’d expect from casuals and outsiders who don’t closely follow this team.

Exactly, and the first few games still count against their stats. Without them, the unit is likely top 15, possibly knocking on top 10. After last year, this is pretty much all anyone wanted....at least average play. We're getting that, and then some.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:55 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This is the best line we have had in years

That is not a very high bar..lol
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What adjective would you use to describe the 19th ranked offensive line?

This one has us at 22

Might not be AS BAD, but they're still pretty bad.

Well there's 32 teams so ranking 16th would be dead in the middle...19th would still by definition be considered average don't you think? 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 04:16 AM)JumboTron Wrote: What's unreal is you think our OLine is shitty.   

Glad this thread is getting justifiably roasted.

Our line is not shifty average by most grades, though it has been terrible against top pass rushers. Which is a concern facing NE defense 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 11:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: Exactly, and the first few games still count against their stats. Without them, the unit is likely top 15, possibly knocking on top 10. After last year, this is pretty much all anyone wanted....at least average play. We're getting that, and then some.

Exactly.  We hoped they could get it to at least a middle of the road line.  And they more than accomplished that in my opinion.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 11:06 AM)TheFan Wrote: Well there's 32 teams so ranking 16th would be dead in the middle...19th would still by definition be considered average don't you think? 

Not really. And the eye test further proves that the line has been bad.

They have had decent moments but not good enough to allow Burrow to play anywhere near his full potential.

They have been better over the past five games but anyone that thinks this line has been anywhere good enough is lying to themselves.
Reply/Quote
Everyone that's saying the line is good, I just re-watched the first three drives of the Tampa game to make sure I wasn't mistaken and, yes, it's as bad as I have been saying:

First drive
1st drop back- the line is pushed into Burrow's face and he has to release it quickly.
2nd- quick release or would have been sacked
3rd- decent blocking but a guy got pressure on a stunt
4th- decent blocking but ball got tipped by a rusher and intercepted

Second drive
1st drop back- screen right away
2nd play no run blocking movement
3rd sacked but whole line got destroyed, not just one player

Third drive
1st pass play was a sack
2nd he threw to the back right away because there was immediate pressure
3rd only three rushers and he got rid of it but didn't hold it very long and would have gotten sacked if he held onto it a split second longer.

That's only three drives, but does it get better or am I correct about the line being bad? That's how I remember most of the game going, or do I need to go watch more?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 08:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Everyone that's saying the line is good, I just re-watched the first three drives of the Tampa game to make sure I wasn't mistaken and, yes, it's as bad as I have been saying:

First drive
1st drop back- the line is pushed into Burrow's face and he has to release it quickly.
2nd- quick release or would have been sacked
3rd- decent blocking but a guy got pressure on a stunt
4th- decent blocking but ball got tipped by a rusher and intercepted

Second drive
1st drop back- screen right away
2nd play no run blocking movement
3rd sacked but whole line got destroyed, not just one player

Third drive
1st pass play was a sack
2nd he threw to the back right away because there was immediate pressure
3rd only three rushers and he got rid of it but didn't hold it very long and would have gotten sacked if he held onto it a split second longer.

That's only three drives, but does it get better or am I correct about the line being bad? That's how I remember most of the game going, or do I need to go watch more?

No offense, but I’ll defer to guys like this when it comes to OL play.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 08:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No offense, but I’ll defer to guys like this when it comes to OL play.

So you ignore my post of real examples from watching film to two guys that just say "our OL played great," with no examples or anything real? 

Burrow didn't get sacked on some of the plays I mentioned but the line was pushed into his face and he had to throw quickly. The line gets a good grade for that?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 11:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you ignore my post of real examples from watching film to two guys that just say "our OL played great," with no examples or anything real? 

Burrow didn't get sacked on some of the plays I mentioned but the line was pushed into his face and he had to throw quickly. The line gets a good grade for that?

Take the L and move on, Brad. Literally no one agrees with you.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 11:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you ignore my post of real examples from watching film to two guys that just say "our OL played great," with no examples or anything real? 

Yes.  It happens with leverage and stunts that every defense runs, but it's about PROTECTION which the OLine did a solid job of on Sunday.  I hate to break it to you and most others, but with how this offense operates and how defenses prepare to defend it, Burrow is rarely going to get all the time in the world to throw.  Has it been ugly at times?  Yes.  Has it been solid even more often?  Yes.   
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 11:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Take the L and move on, Brad. Literally no one agrees with you.

So I counter with examples and proof and you counter with an ad hominem attack.

Sounds logical.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 11:24 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Yes.  It happens with leverage and stunts that every defense runs, but it's about PROTECTION which the OLine did a solid job of on Sunday.  I hate to break it to you and most others, but with how this offense operates and how defenses prepare to defend it, Burrow is rarely going to get all the time in the world to throw.  Has it been ugly at times?  Yes.  Has it been solid even more often?  Yes.   

Burrow had to throw the ball quickly and Burrow didn't have any time to stand in the pocket.

Other quarterbacks do, so do defenses just decide that they're not going to rush other quarterbacks?
Reply/Quote