Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow's Success Without PA or Motion
Joe prefers empty set. I remember listening to an interview with Coach O (LSU) and he said JB had to talk him into it. I really don't think he minds the Defense knowing we're going to pass; matter of fact I think he prefers it for the pre-snap read.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think anybody can Wyche.

One of the things that's probably kinda hard for the youngins to understand about us old farts is we grew up in the 3 yards in a cloud of dust era. The 70's and 80's hell even into the early 90's.

Hell my HS team might have averaged 5 - 7 passing plays a game. And it wasn't just HS, college and even pro was run, run, run.

John Riggins, Tony Dorsett, Walter Payton, Herschel Walker, Earl Campbell, Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris, Franco Harris Sick Archie Griffin, Pete Johnson, Ickey Woods, James Brooks and many others.

And many times play action passing would bust guys wide, WIDE open. Offense has just gone in a different direction. Another thing is defense's could actually play defense back then.
Reply/Quote
*bengalfan74* Wrote:I don't think anybody can Wyche.

Unless you're super awesome...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
As Wyche said, cannot quote posts this morning for some reason. So I will just respond to Soonerpeace and Sunset's
posts. To Soonerpeace, Burrow is about the most fearless QB I have ever seen after an injury. Still loves the empty
sets more than anyone and Zac obliges. Does what Joe wants even when we had a shitty OL the last couple years.

To Sunset, yes I want to see a dominant run game that can eat up the clock and put teams away. I want to be the
most physical team in the NFL. Players like Karras, Cappa and La'el could make it happen. Along with the growth of
the young dudes, specifically Jonah, Carman, Volson and D'Ante Smith who I all have big hopes for.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2022, 10:08 AM)Wyche Wrote: For some reason, I can't quote posts this morning, but I'd say that's a pretty good guess Fred.

As I understand, the board server was undergoing an update which disabled some of the functions during the process.  Everything should be back to working as it should now.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hmmm.. It's taking awhile for posts to show up to the next page..I thought it was just on my end..I guess not. 

Anyways... A whole new Oline is more likely than not to change the makeup of the passing/run game. Once teams have to account for Mixon running over people every few plays they'll have to panic every time JoeyB cocks his arm back with JoeM still in the backfield.. Gotta love the expression, Damned if you do and damned if you don't in this situation.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 05:41 PM)grampahol Wrote: Hmmm.. It's taking awhile for posts to show up to the next page..I thought it was just on my end..I guess not. 

Anyways... A whole new Oline is more likely than not to change the makeup of the passing/run game. Once teams have to account for Mixon running over people every few plays they'll have to panic every time JoeyB cocks his arm back with JoeM still in the backfield.. Gotta love the expression, Damned if you do and damned if you don't in this situation.. 

Yeah it is slow today. Might need to complete some updates or somethin'.

It will definitely be a pick your poison situation for Defenses with a good OL that can not only pass block but dominate run blocking.
Reply/Quote
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/04/bengals-film-breakdown-joe-burrow-right-sack-stat/
Reply/Quote