Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Burrow's accuracy a little off?
It seems to be.

I saw quite a few missed passes, and even one that was complete but behind the receiver, for example...

4th quarter, 9:12 remaining.
2nd and 10 - Bengals from their own 28.

Burrow completes a pass to a wide open running Higgins at the 44, but Tee has to turn around and catch it behind his forward momentum.
If that pass hits him in stride, that's a possible/likely TD.

I wonder if Burrow is still slightly underweight/feeling the effects of appendectomy because, while I don't have the exact stats in front of me, I'd guess that his accuracy stats are down compared to last season.
Reply/Quote
Yes
Reply/Quote
I don't think he is still feeling the appendectomy. I think he is still feeling out his new pocket and working on the timing of the drops and pocket etc...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I feel like even when he has time he isn’t comfortable in the pocket yet. When he feels good behind the line I think he’ll get back to form. Luckily for us, even when Burrow is a little off he is still a top 10 QB
Reply/Quote
His accuracy during he latter parts of the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter was much better. Think he hit on 8 of his last 10 passes.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't think he is still feeling the appendectomy. I think he is still feeling out his new pocket and working on the timing of the drops and pocket etc...

That makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:36 PM)Tomkat Wrote: It seems to be.

I saw quite a few missed passes, and even one that was complete but behind the receiver, for example...

Burrow completes a pass to a wide open running Higgins at the 44, but Tee has to turn around and catch it behind his forward momentum.

I wonder if Burrow is still slightly underweight/feeling the effects of appendectomy because, while I don't have the exact stats in front of me, I'd guess that his accuracy stats are down compared to last season.

At the game it sure looked that way but no INTs in two games now is a credit to Joe.. he might be a bit off but he did not force bad throws like first two games.  I was also a bit surprised though how he dumped a few passes off early with still time to throw  with defenders covering the dump off 
Reply/Quote
My recollection (I haven't re-watched anything from last night) is that he looks a little skittish in the pocket for the most part, but that he led Boyd perfectly on that one deep route last night so it's getting better. I think it's just building up the confidence and chemistry with the new line and don't have any concerns that Joe has regressed.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely yes. I'm not even talking about go routes. Everything's just a little off-center right now. And I'm starting to get the feeling that it'll always be like this... he'll just ramp up until he's spot-on by the playoffs. Some guys are just wired that way. And I'm okay with it.
Reply/Quote
Felt like some of the throws to Chase and Higgins seemed like low percentage throws where they were covered and pinned against the sidelines. Seemed like not much was open outside of Higgins. Chase and Boyd keep in check along with no run game.
Reply/Quote
Yeah he doesn't feel quite 'on it' to me, definitely something missing. Doesn't have to be a lot missing in the NFL for your standard to drop. But, I feel like he's getting there more with each week. Said in another thread, I'd like the completion rate up a few percent, but he'll get there. Don't want your QB or your team playing their very best football at the beginning of the year, want them doing so at the end. Hopefully we'll work our way through the season and pick up enough wins for Burrow and the team to be at their best and very dangerous in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Once he gets back to fitting the ball into small spaces like he was doing the offense will prosper.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:36 PM)Tomkat Wrote: It seems to be.

This has to be part of it still. He ramped up from the acl las year, he’s doing the same this year. The new OL is also part of it I’m sure.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: At the game it sure looked that way but no INTs in two games now is a credit to Joe.. he might be a bit off but he did not force bad throws like first two games.  I was also a bit surprised though how he dumped a few passes off early with still time to throw  with defenders covering the dump off 

3 games. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Deffinetly is. It does seem it has slowly got better every week though..
Reply/Quote
I was thinking at first he is just a little off. But i think all of his off throws are to the safe side of the play for the most part. So purely speculative but I wonder if they're saying if there's tight coverage just throw it where only our guy can get rather than hold in the pocket and risk a sack.

Also I think the early check downs were a product of wanting to get the ball out quick but also the fact the bills were going up and down the field on Miami the week before with underneath throws.
Reply/Quote
That seam to Asiasi was a tough miss. He had 2 bad misses on outs to both Tee and Boyd too
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Burrow is getting closer to his old self the last two games.OL is slowly and surely coming together.I think this Offense is going to be OK.Would like to see them have a breakout game against the Ravens.Although I don’t have a lot of confidence in Zac Taylor’s play calling.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Not bad for a guy that seems off.  But that is just the excellent standard that Joe has already made for himself.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote