Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow's contract details
It's a 4 year contract with a 5th year option worth $36,190,137. Also there's a signing bonus worth $23,880,100.

https://www.12up.com/posts/joe-burrow-contract-details-with-bengals-revealed-01e6yr3c3y43/partners/40920?fbclid=IwAR28Q_iVDWsyte2ktjUqyFHGBKYSZ9jgmbSKVs85TJ-81yarHgDURjzlYR0
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Hasn't even stepped foot in PBS yet and King's already feasting.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
So awesome how fast that was! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Please God, let everything go smoothly with Burrow like it has with other teams; WE NEED A RING!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 06:48 PM)cinci4life Wrote: It's a 4 year contract with a 5th year option worth $36,190,137. Also there's a signing bonus worth $23,880,100.

https://www.12up.com/posts/joe-burrow-contract-details-with-bengals-revealed-01e6yr3c3y43/partners/40920?fbclid=IwAR28Q_iVDWsyte2ktjUqyFHGBKYSZ9jgmbSKVs85TJ-81yarHgDURjzlYR0

I didn't see anything in there about what his cap hits will be.  Anybody got any idea about that?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 06:58 PM)McC Wrote: I didn't see anything in there about what his cap hits will be.  Anybody got any idea about that?

Surely, it won't be affected with Andy.

Once the other rookies need to be signed however, I'd think his contract would come into play then.

Thus, looks for him to cut in the coming weeks, IMO.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:03 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Surely, it won't be affected with Andy.

Once the other rookies need to be signed however, I'd think his contract would come into play then.

Thus, looks for him to cut in the coming weeks, IMO.

It's my understanding that teams are not allowed to be over the cap.  Right now, we have 7.3 mil under the cap.  Seems like 11 mil is the number I keep seeing for rookie signings. 

Do players have to be cut in order to sign the rookies?  Or is there some kind of cap wrangling that can be done?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 06:58 PM)McC Wrote: I didn't see anything in there about what his cap hits will be.  Anybody got any idea about that?

A little over $6 million.

According to overthecap.com his base salary this year is just $610K, so it is that plus 1/4th of the siging bonus.  He gets the full $23.8 million bonus, but the cap hit is prorated over the length on the contract.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A little over $6 million.

His base salary this year is just $610K, so it is that plus 1/4th of the siging bonus which is prorated over the length on the contract.

Thank you.  I'm impressed that you know this. Ain't it slick how they're able to play with the numbers like that?  You'd have to be a mathematician to understand it.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:18 PM)McC Wrote: Thank you.  I'm impressed that you know this.  Ain't it slick how they're able to play with the numbers like that?  You'd have to be a mathematician to understand it.

yeah 26 divided by 4 is some tough stuff to work out.....lol I am just joking with ya.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:18 PM)McC Wrote: Thank you.  I'm impressed that you know this.  Ain't it slick how they're able to play with the numbers like that?  You'd have to be a mathematician to understand it.

If Brown can actually figure out how to run a Franchise, and Burrow is the Real Deal we all think he'll be, then they are in the Drivers seat for the next 5 years with Cap hits of only around 6-7 Million!!!!!!

Other Franchises are dealing with 30-40 Million per year????!!!! OUCH!

I'd say as soon as next year or year after, they should have a STACKED team ready to Contend if they run this ship the right way!!

Exciting times again hopefully. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
So is it $36 million plus $23 million equalling $59 million or is the contract $36 million with $23 million of it the signing bonus?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 10:49 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: So is it $36 million plus $23 million equalling $59 million or is the contract $36 million with $23 million of it the signing bonus?

$36mill over 4 years (5th option) plus $23 mill signing bonus.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 11:15 PM)cinci4life Wrote: $36mill over 4 years (5th option) plus $23 mill signing bonus.

No.  Total value $36 million.  $24 million guaranteed signing bonus plus $12 million salary over 4 years.

Since he gets the $24 million this year his salary is only $610K.  I don't know how the additional $11.4 million will be split up over the next 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:07 PM)McC Wrote: It's my understanding that teams are not allowed to be over the cap.  Right now, we have 7.3 mil under the cap.  Seems like 11 mil is the number I keep seeing for rookie signings. 

Do players have to be cut in order to sign the rookies?  Or is there some kind of cap wrangling that can be done?

One good thing is we only drafted 7 rookies this year.
Reply/Quote
Keep in mind that this is the CBA mandated part of the contract. The hold up in recent contracts has come down to offset money. Granted I don't anticipate that being a major hold up with Joe but there is always the possibility

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 06:55 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Hasn't even stepped foot in PBS yet and King's already feasting.

Wait until his second contract....it will be that EACH YEAR
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 08:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wait until his second contract....it will be that EACH YEAR

I don't think anyone would mind if he wins us a SB or even turns us into contenders
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 05:13 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: I don't think anyone would mind if he wins us a SB or even turns us into contenders

Not at all...
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 06:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: So awesome how fast that was! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Please God, let everything go smoothly with Burrow like it has with other teams; WE NEED A RING!

Sorry, the bold made me laugh, thinking we've been run like other teams. I'm not saying I don't agree with your "thoughts and prayers", I'm just saying that's some funny shiz.
Reply/Quote

Joe Burrow’s 2020 Cap Hit = $6,580,025
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote