Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow's first "season"
Joe Burrow has now played 16 games (albeit one of which only part because of an injury), and here are his stats:
6-9-1 record
4228 passing yards
27 pass TDs
12 INTs
67% completion
95.3 QB Rating (not ESPN's QBR)
9 fumbles (4 lost)

186 rushing yards
3 rush TDs

4414 total yards
30 total TDs

Pretty good for someone in their first full "season," especially given the OL he had to work with.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cut him and trade the Texans to get Finley back! Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
ESPN has him at just 5 fumbles. Where do you see he has 9?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: ESPN has him at just 5 fumbles. Where do you see he has 9?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BurrJo01.htm

Under the Rushing & Receiving section.
I just hovered over Fmb though and it's fumbles both lost and recovered by own team.

I just checked NFL.com and it lists 9 fumbles, but only 4 lost.
https://www.nfl.com/players/joe-burrow/stats/

I'll update the OP.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: ESPN has him at just 5 fumbles. Where do you see he has 9?

That’s probably fumbles lost. PFR has him at 9 total fumbles with 4 recovered.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 09:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Joe Burrow has now played 16 games (albeit one of which only part because of an injury), and here are his stats:
6-9-1 record
4228 passing yards
27 pass TDs
12 INTs
67% completion
9 fumbles

186 rushing yards
3 rush TDs

4414 total yards
30 total TDs

Pretty good for someone in their first full "season," especially given the OL he had to work with.

Thank you for sharing the 16 game compiled stats. Looking at the numbers, I'd say he's been great. I'll agree though about the "pretty good" sentiment because of the 6-9-1 record. I would put more losses on his coach and other players than Burrow having a bad game although he's had some poor decision making moments-- I'd chalk it up as typical rookie growing pains.

We have a stud QB, so I hope the Bengals can improve the OL next year and make use of Burrow's talent to build a winner.
Reply/Quote
We'd take it. Better than Dalton, and I need to look at Palmers to remember.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He’s definitely cleaned up the fumbling issue this season. Some of that is probably due to the OL playing better, but still.

Now if he can just cut down the INT’s we’re going to start having top 5 QB conversations.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:15 AM)jj22 Wrote: We'd take it. Better than Dalton, and I need to look at Palmers to remember.

He has the most yards in his first 16 games than any other Bengals QB.

Palmer's first 16 games - 3683 passing yards, 26 pass TDs, 20 INTs
Dalton - 3398 passing yards, 20 pass TDs, 13 INTs
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:15 AM)jj22 Wrote: We'd take it. Better than Dalton, and I need to look at Palmers to remember.

Palmer's first season a total mixed bag. He threw 18 TDs and 18 INTs, and mind you that was after sitting for a year and learning.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: He has the most yards in his first 16 games than any other Bengals QB.

Palmer's first 16 games - 3683 passing yards, 26 pass TDs, 20 INTs
Dalton - 3398 passing yards, 20 pass TDs, 13 INTs

I forgot he missed the last 3 games. That roaring start in 05 really helped those numbers.
Reply/Quote
At least he's not getting compared with little red BB guns.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The greatest thing about Burrow is that he vowed to work on his ball velocity, red zone and the deep game. Low and behold the guy has taken huge strides in all those areas all while going through an incredible rehab process…

Joe is going to get better each offseason which is mind blowing to some degree.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BurrJo01.htm

Under the Rushing & Receiving section.
I just hovered over Fmb though and it's fumbles both lost and recovered by own team.

I just checked NFL.com and it lists 9 fumbles, but only 4 lost.
https://www.nfl.com/players/joe-burrow/stats/

I'll update the OP.

Okay, got it. Thanks!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 09:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Joe Burrow has now played 16 games (albeit one of which only part because of an injury), and here are his stats:
6-9-1 record
4228 passing yards
27 pass TDs
12 INTs
67% completion
9 fumbles (4 lost)

186 rushing yards
3 rush TDs

4414 total yards
30 total TDs

Compare that to the QB some around here would rather have.
Justin Herbert's first 16 games (played 15 last year + first game this year)
7-9 record
4673 yards
32 TDs
11 INT
66.5% completion
97.31 QB rating
9 fumbles (6 lost)

233 rush YDS
5 rush TDs

Herbert has the better stats, but barely. It might as well be a draw. Certainly not enough of an edge to make you choose Herbert over Burrow if the draft was redone.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Pretty good, but he needs to clean up the INTs.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:45 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Compare that to the QB some around here would rather have.
7-9 record
4673 yards
32 TDs
11 INT
66.5% completion
97.31 QB rating
9 fumbles (6 lost)

233 rush YDS
0 rush TDs

Herbert has the better stats, but barely. It might as well be a draw. Certainly not enough of an edge to make you choose Herbert over Burrow if the draft was redone.

I agree completely PH, but this only defends my thread where I said, in hindsight, it would have been a good draft pick with EITHER player, and the only reason I say that is because the Bengals were looking hard at BOTH of these guys, early on, and leaning ever so slightly to JH and guys here were going nuts!

As it turned out, I'm glad they got Burrow, but I believe JH would have worked here as well.

Just thank the Lord they were giving Tua as serious of a look as they were JH!!! Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 12:18 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Pretty good, but he needs to clean up the INTs.

This progression would be great to see with Burrow;

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/what-are-the-most-interceptions-in-a-season-by-tom-brady
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:45 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Compare that to the QB some around here would rather have.
7-9 record
4673 yards
32 TDs
11 INT
66.5% completion
97.31 QB rating
9 fumbles (6 lost)

233 rush YDS
0 rush TDs

In the interest of fairness, the rushing stats are incorrect. He had five rushing TDs last season, so he has 37 overall TDs in his first 16 games. Herbert has been better through the first 16 games, that’s not super debatable. However, Burrow is playing on fire this season and I would suspect that he will finish the season as a binaries top 10 QB.

I love Herbert, I’m a huge Oregon Ducks fan, but Burrow was the right choice. He is very, very good. I’m thrilled to have him quarterbacking this team.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 12:25 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I agree completely PH, but this only defends my thread where I said, in hindsight, it would have been a good draft pick with EITHER player, 

That's a fair point and I don't necessarily disagree. But that's also a far cry from those saying if they could redo the draft, they'd prefer Herbert over Burrow.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote