Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow's first "season"
(10-18-2021, 01:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's a fair point and I don't necessarily disagree. But that's also a far cry from those saying if they could redo the draft, they'd prefer Herbert over Burrow.

I don't scour these threads but I haven't seen that profession made maybe outside of 1 or 2?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 12:31 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: In the interest of fairness, the rushing stats are incorrect. He had five rushing TDs last season, so he has 37 overall TDs in his first 16 games. Herbert has been better through the first 16 games, that’s not super debatable. 

My bad. I did have those but was looking at game 1 of this year to see the 0 rushing TDS. Corrected my post.

KillerGoose Wrote:Herbert has been better through the first 16 games, that’s not super debatable.

Like I said, his stats are technically better but it's close enough to be negligible, even moreso if Burrow's stats include the Washington game where he didn't even finish the game.

Then you factor in Burrow having to overcome issues Herbert doesn't like the OL and his offensive playcaller, then one could argue Burrow, while his stats are ever so slightly lesser, Burrow has had the better first 16 games.

Yes, statistically, Herbert's had the better start. But, when you add the other factors, an argument could be made for Burrow. However, as bengalguy said, they both are pretty good and had we picked Herbert #1 overall, I think we're having the same discussions about Herbert that we're having about Burrow and vice versa.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 01:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Then you factor in Burrow having to overcome issues Herbert doesn't like the OL and his offensive playcaller, then one could argue Burrow, while his stats are ever so slightly lesser, Burrow has had the better first 16 games.

Yes, statistically, Herbert's had the better start. But, when you add the other factors, an argument could be made for Burrow. However, as bengalguy said, they both are pretty good and had we picked Herbert #1 overall, I think we're having the same discussions about Herbert that we're having about Burrow and vice versa.

The Chargers had a god awful offensive line, arguably worse than the Bengals. I know a lot of people here like PFF rankings and they had the Chargers as having the worst offensive line in the league last season.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020-offensive-line-rankings

Herbert had his fair share of issues as well. At the end of the day, your last paragraph is spot on. We would’ve been happy either way, but I’m partial to Burrow. I’m thrilled he is here.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 01:26 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: At the end of the day, your last paragraph is spot on. We would’ve been happy either way, but I’m partial to Burrow. I’m thrilled he is here.

As am I, friend. As am I. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote