Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow's hardest hit
(09-10-2020, 09:38 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: I wasn't even talking about his rookie year.  I meant somehow winning a Super Bowl at any point of his career.  This city is so bad at all professional sports (Bengals, Reds, and FCC).  We are so desperate for a winner that we would build a him a shrine and give him the keys to the city if he somehow pulls off the impossible.

Ive unfortunately never been able to make it Cincinnati. Is the city a big football town? Would it just be absolute pandemonium there if the Bengals won a SB?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 09:42 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Ive unfortunately never been able to make it Cincinnati. Is the city a big football town? Would it just be absolute pandemonium there if the Bengals won a SB?

It’s always traditionally been a baseball town, but people are pretty diehard for all our teams here really. And football is definitely more popular among the younger crowd.

But yes, it would be insane here if the Bengals ever win a Super Bowl. It’s been 30 years since the Reds won a championship, but many people over a certain age have at least witnessed multiple titles for the Reds. The Bengals would obviously be our first. And if it’s a Ohio boy that gets it done too...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 09:42 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Ive unfortunately never been able to make it Cincinnati. Is the city a big football town? Would it just be absolute pandemonium there if the Bengals won a SB?

Fair weather fans would be filling the bandwagon in droves.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 10:23 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Fair weather fans would be filling the bandwagon in droves.

That’s any city.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 10:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s always traditionally been a baseball town, but people are pretty diehard for all our teams here really. And football is definitely more popular among the younger crowd.

But yes, it would be insane here if the Bengals ever win a Super Bowl. It’s been 30 years since the Reds won a championship, but many people over a certain age have at least witnessed multiple titles for the Reds. The Bengals would obviously be our first. And if it’s a Ohio boy that gets it done too...

I'll have to catch a game in Cincinnati sometime soon. I saw them when they played the Rams in 2011. I was able to meet quite a few players (Rey M, Michael Johnson, Domata Peko and a handful of others.) I for sure would create a scene here in Oklahoma if Cinci ever manages to do it. 
Reply/Quote

I've lived in Cincinnati for 35+ years.  I vaguely remember the Reds winning in 1990.  I have no memory of the Bengals going to the Super Bowl.

Cincinnati markets itself as a baseball town first but also a massive High School football town.  The GCL is one of the best leagues in the country and regularly draw thousands of people on Friday nights.  I remember going to a sold out Nippert Stadium for a playoff game (35,000 fans for high school!).  The interest in football is here.  The problem is that the Bengals have been bad for so long that we have basically alienated an entire generation, bordering two generations, of Bengal fans.  However, like I said earlier, this city is so desperate for a winner that the fans would come back in droves.  You sort of saw this with FCC when they were winning in the USL.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 09:38 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: I wasn't even talking about his rookie year.  I meant somehow winning a Super Bowl at any point of his career.  This city is so bad at all professional sports (Bengals, Reds, and FCC).  We are so desperate for a winner that we would build a him a shrine and give him the keys to the city if he somehow pulls off the impossible.

Oh, I get that, and that is true...but Mahommes did it in year 3 in the league.  If Burrow did it in year 1?  Just give him the team.  That will be about what his next contract would be worth... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
2 things so far have me extremely optimistic. 1 Was the way he played against Clemson in the title game he was a man among boys. Quite a bit of that Clemson D was drafted/ will be drafted. The other was an interview on ESPN calmly discussing Einstein's theory of relativity.
Reply/Quote
Gotta' love the winning swagger of Joey B. baby! Joe
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

Being an outsider myself (literally, outside the COUNTRY lol), it is a very nice city; lots of class, have always been surrounded by diehards whenever I've gone to a game and EVERYONE (businesses included) that I've seen on Gamedays, are decked out in Bengals gear.

(09-10-2020, 10:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s any city.

Indeed; you saw it here when the Raptors won last year; the parade was, IIRC, larger and longer than the Lakers one with, "CAN YOU DIG IT????" and Mark Madsen dancing (which was gargantuan).

(09-10-2020, 10:29 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'll have to catch a game in Cincinnati sometime soon. I saw them when they played the Rams in 2011. I was able to meet quite a few players (Rey M, Michael Johnson, Domata Peko and a handful of others.) I for sure would create a scene here in Oklahoma if Cinci ever manages to do it. 

Speaking of the Rams, the last game I saw in Cincinnati was the Rams game in 2015; what an awesome game and aside from the fluke Tavon Austin 87 yard end-around or whatever (he was/is SO shifty), the Rams could do nothing all game.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 03:36 PM)pally Wrote:

He's just got this innate sense of the cool thing to do or say at any given moment.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 01:31 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 2 things so far have me extremely optimistic. 1 Was the way he played against Clemson in the title game he was a man among boys. Quite a bit of that Clemson D was drafted/ will be drafted. The other was an interview on ESPN calmly discussing Einstein's theory of relativity.

That game made me a believer. I was a tad skeptical until Clemson bloodied his nose early, then he came back and bludgeoned them. I didn't see that coming. Now it's all about if he can adjust to the speed at this level. He has all of the tools, and most importantly, that never say die attitude and fortitude to get it done against mounting odds. This should be fun.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 07:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: That game made me a believer. I was a tad skeptical until Clemson bloodied his nose early, then he came back and bludgeoned them. I didn't see that coming. Now it's all about if he can adjust to the speed at this level. He has all of the tools, and most importantly, that never say die attitude and fortitude to get it done against mounting odds. This should be fun.

Me too, watching the way he had such a rough start and then for him to just keep plugging away and eventually take over sold me.

BTW, great to see you on here again Wyche. Rock On
Reply/Quote