Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow's injury
(12-07-2021, 10:32 AM)jj22 Wrote: More of a reason to lean on the run game.

Easier said than done if we are still out the O lineman and SF has some good Dlineman and LBs.'
I must say, Burrow made some really great throws after his injury was disclosed so hoping for the best. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 08:52 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Our next 2 games seem winnable to me but both the 49ers and the Broncos are gonna be playing for they're playoff lives. But I did see the 49ers are in the top 10 worst against opposing QBs.

Means nothing. Chargers were the worst against the run and you are what that got us.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:32 AM)jj22 Wrote: More of a reason to lean on the run game.

I have not been impressed with Mixon his whole time here. Maybe it’s not fair since he is running behind this line but he rarely bust off any big runs or makes things happen when the line goes to shit. I know I will catch hell for this but damn I just don’t get it. I would rather have Gio back, thought he was a better blocker/receiver anyway. But I get Mixon is an every down back but damn just wish he would see the hole and hit it more instead of dancing around behind the line.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 10:52 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Time to pull it out again...

[Image: Rn0iWp4.png]

Him and MB have been walking for 30 years.  

Heck, EVERY owner had found the right combo of coaches and players to win at least one playoff game since the Bengals last one!

The Browns have won 2!!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 09:04 PM)Tony Wrote:  Burrow isn't Derek Carr.... I bet you Burrow balls out.. 1 thing about this team , they get pissed after a loss like this.. I could see them winning the next 2, if Reiff and Hopkins are back...

Yep, we need those 2 guys back and I think we should be fine. Burrow is pizzed off and will be for the rest of the season.

Losing that game the way we did...

I just don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing, all I know is the Stool beat the Rats which makes it better for us.

Tear up the world Joe with your pinky. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 01:56 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I have not been impressed with Mixon his whole time here. Maybe it’s not fair since he is running behind this line but he rarely bust off any big runs or makes things happen when the line goes to shit. I know I will catch hell for this but damn I just don’t get it. I would rather have Gio back, thought he was a better blocker/receiver anyway. But I get Mixon is an every down back but damn just wish he would see the hole and hit it more instead of dancing around behind the line.

LOL LOL LOL

2nd in the league in rushing yards and TD’s
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL LOL LOL

2nd in the league in rushing yards and TD’s

In '18 he finished 4th in the league in rush yards and averaged 4.9 per carry.  He was second in the league in runs of 20+ yards (11) and third in runs of 40+ yards (3).

Some people just did not like Joe when we drafted him and refuse to give him any credit for anything.
Reply/Quote
The thing that worries me the most is we are gonna need Burrow to go off.. Mixon is not running on the niners.. Couple that with Burrows injuries and I don't know if he has it in him to sling it 30-40 times.. If anyone can overcome its Burrow..
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 01:56 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I have not been impressed with Mixon his whole time here. Maybe it’s not fair since he is running behind this line but he rarely bust off any big runs or makes things happen when the line goes to shit. I know I will catch hell for this but damn I just don’t get it. I would rather have Gio back, thought he was a better blocker/receiver anyway. But I get Mixon is an every down back but damn just wish he would see the hole and hit it more instead of dancing around behind the line.

Definitely not fair. OL for the most part has been crap since he was drafted. QB play terrible as well until Burrow came. I'm sure Mixon has developed some bad habits running behind this line for over 1000 rushes since he's been here but he runs hard and when there's a crease he usually takes advantage of it. Not to mention he's become a excellent receiver.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 04:42 PM)Tony Wrote:  Mixon is not running on the niners.. 

Their run defense is below average.

18th in yards
21st in yards per carry
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 04:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Their run defense is below average.

18th in yards
21st in yards per carry

Ok, let me rephrase that. If Hopkins and Reiff are still out, Mixon won't run on the niners. The Chargers were dead last against the run, that didn't work out so good..
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 08:37 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: A dislocated pinky Derek Carr of the Raiders in 2016 played through same injury his accuracy was affected following 2 games. Its looking more likely we going to lose next 2

I think it's fair to wonder if this will affect Burrow's accuracy, and the pass game was already struggling as it was. I wouldn't predict 2 losses so boldly just based on that though.

We were starting to lean heavily on Mixon in the 2 weeks prior to the Chargers game, but the Bolts were able to shut our run game down. How do the run defenses rank over the next 2 weeks?

Nevermind, I looked it up myself.

The 49ers are 18th in rush yards allowed and 21st in YPC allowed.
The Broncos are 10th in rush yards allowed and 20th in YPC allowed.

Looking at that, I'd say we can have some rushing success against these teams. So lean heavily on Mixon. That'd be my game plan.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 04:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In '18 he finished 4th in the league in rush yards and averaged 4.9 per carry.  He was second in the league in runs of 20+ yards (11) and third in runs of 40+ yards (3).

Some people just did not like Joe when we drafted him and refuse to give him any credit for anything.

Basically this.  For most of his time here he's had a lousy line to run behind and yet has still been productive.

Y'all need to stop making me agree with Fred...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Have you not been watching the games? Mixon has been nothing short of outstanding. C'mon man....
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 05:57 PM)Tony Wrote: Ok, let me rephrase that. If Hopkins and Reiff are still out, Mixon won't run on the niners. The Chargers were dead last against the run, that didn't work out so good..

Well, when 2 of 5 starting linemen aren't playing, and one of those 2 is the Center....... Sick
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 01:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, when 2 of 5 starting linemen aren't playing, and one of those 2 is the Center....... Sick

Hopefully they are back man... That position group is the most vital to our playoff push...
Reply/Quote

Sorry dude, but you're wrong. He's actually underrated and a top 5-10 back.

I mean this run is elite:

Mike (Sans) on Twitter: "Put this one on Joe Mixon's career highlight reel WHEW https://t.co/dxDP8CTlR6" / Twitter
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I'm not worried about Burrow and how capable he is with the injured pinky. He was throwing dimes on Sunday after he injured it.

I am worried about him getting sacked/pressured and re-injuring it/making it worse which keeps him out of the game/games going forward.

Based on how this offensive line has played all year, he will get knocked around. Just hope his pinky isn't effected.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 01:28 PM)Tony Wrote: Hopefully they are back man... That position group is the most vital to our playoff push...

Yep, and the way they moved as a unit against Pissburgh was a thing of beauty.
Reply/Quote
Update for PDJ:

"Just left 30 minutes of practice open to media. Burrow did what you would want to see. Threw a few long, short with a little force, mid-range with touch. No tape/glove.

Didn’t take part in every drill, but clearly enough to feel good about where the pinky is at for Sunday."
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote