Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow's surgery
(11-27-2023, 08:13 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Okay I think I walked in on the middle of that debate. I think the oline has been adequate this year. I do still hope we try and improve it this offseason.

I think the key is improving what we have.. our FAs have played worse with us than other teams, we have drafted some high picks that have not performed as well either. First replace Pollack (he has been here for most of all the players FA or drafted that are on our team), i would look at FA for RT if we don;t sign Williams, i don;t want to risk having a starting RT on a draft pick at this time of Burrows career.

then maybe draft one more Oline in the 2-3rd round, that is also why im supportive of trading Tee, much easier to guess right on WRs out of college than oline out of college and would give us some extra decent rounds pick if we trade him, free up some $$ for other FA oline
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 07:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you can;t really blame issues this year calf and wrist on the line, this just seems to become the tired narrative whenever Burrow is injured, besides every given sunday a QB is being hit multiple times... it part of the game

I was mostly kidding because of the reference to The Six Million Dollar Man by Fan_in_Kettering I quoted in my post.  I'm not so good at times with showing I am joking but I thought the  Ninja might have shown I was kidding around.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 08:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think the key is improving what we have.. our FAs have played worse with us than other teams, we have drafted some high picks that have not performed as well either.  First replace Pollack (he has been here for most of all the players FA or drafted that are on our team), i would look at FA for RT if we don;t sign Williams, i don;t want to risk having a starting RT on a draft pick at this time of Burrows career.

then maybe draft one more Oline in the 2-3rd round, that is also why im supportive of trading Tee, much easier to guess right on WRs out of college than oline out of college and would give us some extra decent rounds pick if we trade him, free up some $$ for other FA oline

I agree with your assessment and would also hang Boyd out there for a trade. TE is a must. Just look at how the Bengals have been gashed by other teams' TEs. Also, let's get a real RB in camp. With the Bengals draft projections (possibly top ten) there is no reason they can't get a quality RB, TE and OL picks. My problem is what do you do with a top ten 1st round pick? It's not worthy of TE, RB or OL. Perhaps a defensive line pick as the current squad is really bad. Maybe a trade down would help.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 08:31 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I agree with your assessment and would also hang Boyd out there for a trade.

Boyd is in the final year of his deal, and the trade deadline for this season has already passed.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 08:31 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I agree with your assessment and would also hang Boyd out there for a trade. TE is a must. Just look at how the Bengals have been gashed by other teams' TEs. Also, let's get a real RB in camp. With the Bengals draft projections (possibly top ten) there is no reason they can't get a quality RB, TE and OL picks. My problem is what do you do with a top ten 1st round pick? It's not worthy of TE, RB or OL. Perhaps a defensive line pick as the current squad is really bad. Maybe a trade down would help.

As mentioned, we cannot trade Boyd.   I upset a lot of people when I suggested we trade Boyd at his max value immediately after the Super Bowl.  He had 2 years remaining on an affordable contract with several teams needing WRs. Of course we NEVER do anything, we have the total opposite of the Eagles front office.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:24 PM)casear2727 Wrote: As mentioned, we cannot trade Boyd.   I upset a lot of people when I suggested we trade Boyd at his max value immediately after the Super Bowl.  He had 2 years remaining on an affordable contract with several teams needing WRs. Of course we NEVER do anything, we have the total opposite of the Eagles front office.

Who needs to copy a team that’s 10-1 and has been to 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years. Ninja

Reply/Quote
At this point, I just assume Burrow will get some sort of ding, health issue, rehab, and miss training camp. I just wonder if the team can have a quicker start to the season. I don't know if it is non-starters during Preseason, or if it takes ZT or the team to reach their groove. Faster start please.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who needs to copy a team that’s 10-1 and has been to 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years. Ninja

They only went 14-1 to start the season last year......  it's like they are D1 and we are hamstrung with NAIA rules.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 09:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who needs to copy a team that’s 10-1 and has been to 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years. Ninja

Who knows? That Philly Qb might be pretty good
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 07:24 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I guess time will tell.

2 things:

Your comparison is apt

JB has been in the top 2 debate for 2 of his 4 years

Reply/Quote
JB* is in the top two debate.

*when healthy

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows? That Philly Qb might be pretty good

Right, but the point was how good their FO is. And that FO built a roster that won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles at QB.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, but the point was how good their FO is. And that FO built a roster that won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles at QB.

We are not in the same universe as Philly when it comes to the front office.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, but the point was how good their FO is. And that FO built a roster that won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles at QB.

(11-27-2023, 10:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We are not in the same universe as Philly when it comes to the front office.

They do try and have done very well lately. but I do remember the 2011 "Dream Team" when they tried to buy a title.

Also they seem to care very little about character. I'm sure they give 2 damns, but when they drafted Carter this past year they lost my respect. 

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They do try and have done very well lately. but I do remember the 2011 "Dream Team" when they tried to buy a title.

Also they seem to care very little about character. I'm sure they give 2 damns, but when they drafted Carter this past year they lost my respect.

Glass houses. We still employ Joe Mixon.

Reply/Quote
well they didn't say who actually performed the surgery but from the statement it wasn't done in Cincinnati

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:48 PM)pally Wrote: well they didn't say who actually performed the surgery but from the statement it wasn't done in Cincinnati

Didn’t he have his knee surgery done out in LA?

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Also they seem to care very little about character. 

Our choir boys were helping more Steelers up after getting tackled and tackling them after 29 yards on 3rd and long then I’ve ever seen. 

Reminds me we have no tone setters left. Something that left with Bell and Perine. I keep saying that is what we miss more then the play. 

Not that I’m calling for Marvin’s eye for character. But this team may need “that one cousin”….at least one wild child to help toughen everyone up. Talk the talk and force everyone to back it up. Even an Apple. Even though he wasn’t that cousin who you leaned on he was a cousin that leaned on you, the team responded and showed up for the fight he no doubt started. 

I don’t see much fight in this team anymore. No bark nor bite. They look like a team that their leader is in bed by 8. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They do try and have done very well lately. but I do remember the 2011 "Dream Team" when they tried to buy a title.

We drafted a guy that broke a girls face on camera. The same guy has been accused of being involved in other issues, including weapons.  Come on now, I'm not saying we have to pick up criminals but we dont make moves like them.

Eagles traded for AJ Brown, they make moves on draft day, they try to improve their rosters at the trade deadline.  We are the most pathetic in terms of creativity.  We did ok with some free agents.  Most importantly, there is no comparison when discussing our O & D lines and Philly's......

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 10:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Didn’t he have his knee surgery done out in LA?

He did.  For this surgery, he will most likely have gone to a hand surgeon though

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote