Poll: Who would you rather have taking snaps this Sunday?
Burrow with dislocated pinky
Brandon Allen 100% healthy
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow vs Allen
Simple. Would you rather have Burrow with a dislocate pinky or Brandon Allen 100% healthy. Just curious to make sure I’m not the crazy one.
Reply/Quote
I want to make the playoffs. Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
I'd almost rather run Allen out there against the 49ers D and let Joe get 100%. The last thing you want is for him to get the finger injured further where he needs surgery to repair something.

It's a non conference game, against a tough D that gets a lot of pressure on the QB. If one week would do enough to let Joe heal up and be ready for the final push, I'd let Allen start it and lean on the defense and Mixon in this week.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 04:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'd almost rather run Allen out there against the 49ers D and let Joe get 100%. The last thing you want is for him to get the finger injured further where he needs MORE surgery to repair something ELSE.

Fixed it...
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 04:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'd almost rather run Allen out there against the 49ers D and let Joe get 100%. The last thing you want is for him to get the finger injured further where he needs surgery to repair something.

It's a non conference game, against a tough D that gets a lot of pressure on the QB. If one week would do enough to let Joe heal up and be ready for the final push, I'd let Allen start it and lean on the defense and Mixon in this week.

It is a pinky finger.  Not any joint in his arms and legs that he would be using.  So there is no risk of injury from just running and throwing.  The only way it gets re-injured is if he hits it on a helmet or something and the current injury does not make that any more likely to happen than if he was 100% healthy.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 04:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Fixed it...

What does he need surgery on?
Reply/Quote
I'd play Burrow even if his head fell off.  Nothing against Brandon Allen, I'm just so all-in on Burrow I feel like he could put up a 158 rating while in an iron lung.

On a more serious note, if his finger bugs him take him out.  Allen should be able to win seeing how much we gush over Mixon and our WR corps.  We shouldn't be afraid to put a decent backup QB out there for a game or so.  Burrow was playing hurt last week and threw a game killing INT on a "must get a TD" drive in the 4th...aka, he turned into Baker Mayfield.  Ouch.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 04:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is a pinky finger.  Not any joint in his arms and legs that he would be using.  So there is no risk of injury from just running and throwing.  The only way it gets re-injured is if he hits it on a helmet or something and the current injury does not make that any more likely to happen than if he was 100% healthy.

If it is already dislocated, it actually runs a higher risk of being further injured from landing on it during a sack or a after a run or any number of any other average everyday thing that happens on the football field.

So, yes unless it is 100% healed which depending on the joint and how badly it was dislocated not to mention if there was damage to blood vessels or ligaments or tendons in the finger it is more likely to be damaged again from just a normal tackle.

Right now, there is no official statement on how bad the finger was damaged, so again Fred... if it isn't 100% healed, just being out there on the field increases the injury risk.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Meh, we should have never traded Ryan "Stiller Killer" Finley.

The moment we put in Allen (by choice and not by necessity) is the moment we've officially thrown in the towel. Pass.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Might as well forfeit the game if you don't want to start Burrow. Hell, this way no one else gets injured, too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I'll go ahead and take Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Burrow dislocated his pinky on the first drive yesterday. He looked fine after. Burrow all day.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Burrow, post count +1.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengal's medical staff says Joe Burrow can play he plays.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 04:18 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Simple. Would you rather have Burrow with a dislocate pinky or Brandon Allen 100% healthy. Just curious to make sure I’m not the crazy one.

I'd rather have Joe Burrow out there in a wheelchair than Brandon Allen at the helm. There is 0 hope with Allen with this renaming schedule and the injuries on defense...
Reply/Quote