Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow vs. Herbert
(12-07-2021, 09:16 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, right now, but no one is saying otherwise. In three days, he’ll be 25.

What exactly are you trying to argue?

Someone said he was 25 and Justin was 23 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 09:16 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, right now, but no one is saying otherwise. In three days, he’ll be 25.

What exactly are you trying to argue?

Read the top post on page 11
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 09:20 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Read the top post on page 17 

There is no page 17, and he didn’t say he was 25. He said it was his age 25 season because he will be 25 before the season is over. That seems simple enough to me. Why do you object to that?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 08:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The overreact is maybe more a realism, this young team lead by ZT and Burrow have not developed that win " big " game mentality for the playoffs.  Two positions this year we were put in position to start to take control of wild card and possible division and both really were debacles.. Jefts and Chargers.  Now we are back to the trending water games of staying in contention.  If we are lucky again to get to that third "big" game mentally I hope ZT and Burrow can finally show they are ready.

So we just going to ignore the Baltimore game (who slaughtered your boy), or the second Pitt Game? Raiders game when both teams were 5-4? Or are we only determining “big” games only when you think they are big games? We literally have 1 less win than the 2nd seed in the playoffs, and 1 more loss than the 1st seed in the playoffs. We are 3-1 in our division. There are NO bigger games than division games in the regular season, as none have as much as an impact as division games.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 08:27 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: This is Burrow’s first full season

You are overreacting.

I think its better to say this is Joe's 21 game and your post does not even address what my point was.. I am giving a very acute observation, twice this year we had a game to take control Jets and Chargers and we failed.. so in their your careers as a a HC and a franchise QB both Taylor and Burrow were unable to do that.  We will this week, we could have that chance again with Denver so lets get it done and get to 9-5 and be in position for playoffs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 09:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: There is no page 17, and he didn’t say he was 25. He said it was his age 25 season because he will be 25 before the season is over. That seems simple enough to me. Why do you object to that?

I said 11. That's a stupid metric. He's 24. Every game he played last year he was 23 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 09:31 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I said 11. That's a stupid metric. He's 24. Every game he played last year he was 23 

Who cares how old they are. There’s less than 2 years between them. They both entered the NFL last year together. I don’t care how old you are, it’s a different animal. It’s not like there is some magical age quarterbacks stop getting better at. It’s usually determined by how long they are in the league.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 09:31 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I said 11. That's a stupid metric. He's 24. Every game he played last year he was 23 

Yeah, you edited it. And okay, if you think it is stupid, that is fine. However, he didn't finish the season, so that is why. He would have finished the season at 24, and this weekend against the 49ers, he will be 25. 

What a weird thing to fight against lol. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 09:33 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Who cares how old they are. There’s less than 2 years between them. They both entered the NFL last year together. I don’t care how old you are, it’s a different animal. It’s not like there is some magical age quarterbacks stop getting better at. It’s usually determined by how long they are in the league.

The people makiup fake ages care 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 09:34 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, you edited it. And okay, if you think it is stupid, that is fine. However, he didn't finish the season, so that is why. He would have finished the season at 24, and this weekend against the 49ers, he will be 25. 

What a weird thing to fight against lol. 

Chime out 
Reply/Quote
This is worst that Carson vs Ben by a mile... I hope this one ends differently for us too... There is no right answer here. They are both still growing.. Who knows what's gonna end up.. I just give the slight edge to Herbert at this moment because of Joe's turnovers and Herbert's better stats.. It's really close though..
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 06:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I care about the offense as a whole, and over the last 5 games, the offense has been good in 3 of those 5 games.

You can’t expect the offense to play well every single game. Even the 2007 pats had a couple weak offensive days.

This thread is talking about the pass offense, and I'm addressing that. I know the run game got us through a couple of those games, but when the run game no-showed vs the Chargers, well...

And yeah I don't expect excellence every week, but the not-so-excellent days are kiiinda starting to pile up.

(12-07-2021, 07:03 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: On that 51% catch rate, how many of the misses are drops/INTs? You have those numbers? 

Another thing, I've noticed some sweeps, trying screens, slants to get him involved lately.

I don't. I know Chase is starting to climb the drop leaderboard though. IIRC, he's 3rd in the league with 7 drops.

They have tried getting him going with short stuff, but it's not helping much. I say either move him around (which he said he'd prefer) or start targeting Boyd more and getting him involved. What we're doing now has clearly stopped working.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 11:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This thread is talking about the pass offense, and I'm addressing that. I know the run game got us through a couple of those games, but when the run game no-showed vs the Chargers, well...

Didn’t really no show, did it? Jamarr dropped a touchdown pass that turned into a pick

Burrow has to play with a busted pinky

Mixon fumbles the game away
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 09:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: There is no page 17, and he didn’t say he was 25. He said it was his age 25 season because he will be 25 before the season is over. That seems simple enough to me. Why do you object to that?

I'm not getting into the argument.....but it seems pretty silly to me to call a guy's season "age25" when he's only 25 for part of one month....lol. I know, foolish rules and all, and that's just it, it's foolish. 

My kids are fall babies, they could be a grade behind, and a year behind their sports leagues but we chose to start them earlier in each. They could have been held out too because of their late birthdays.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 04:49 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I'm not getting into the argument.....but it seems pretty silly to me to call a guy's season "age25" when he's only 25 for part of one month....lol. I know, foolish rules and all, and that's just it, it's foolish. 

My kids are fall babies, they could be a grade behind, and a year behind their sports leagues but we chose to start them earlier in each. They could have been held out too because of their late birthdays.

Oh yeah, I think that’s fair. I was just curious as to why he was fighting that so hard. I think your answer is great, I was just saying that the logic seems straight forward. I personally do agree with calling it his age 25 season simply because he finishes the season at 25 years old but I don’t think it really matters that much.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 11:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Didn’t really no show, did it? Jamarr dropped a touchdown pass that turned into a pick

Burrow has to play with a busted pinky

Mixon fumbles the game away

It definitely didn't come out of the gate like it did vs the last 2 teams we played.  The penalties didn't help, either.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 09:27 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Oh yeah, I think that’s fair. I was just curious as to why he was fighting that so hard. I think your answer is great, I was just saying that the logic seems straight forward. I personally do agree with calling it his age 25 season simply because he finishes the season at 25 years old but I don’t think it really matters that much.

Yeah, exactly, it doesn't matter too much....lol. I do understand where he's coming from, but I don't get the fight.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 09:31 AM)samhain Wrote: It definitely didn't come out of the gate like it did vs the last 2 teams we played.  The penalties didn't help, either.

Good point on that last sentence. Seems we had two nice runs called back early in the game due to the replacements on the oline.

Reply/Quote