Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow vs Herbert - Who do NFL sources, PFF analysts prefer long-term?
(01-13-2022, 08:09 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I can't imagine any significant portion of Bengals fans would actually rather have Herbert. That would be difficult to understand.

I have been developing a [maybe?] radical take on Joe Burrow since he was drafted but especially as this season has reached the playoffs. Let's consider some details within the narrative:

- Ohio kid
- Drafted #1 overall by an Ohio professional team
- Is the most important player on the team by a mile the moment he arrives
- Flashes some serious potential on a bad team as a rookie
- Takes a long-struggling franchise to the playoffs very early in his career
- MVP-caliber statistical production in only his second season

Does all of this sound familiar?

Joe Burrow can be to Cincinnati what LeBron James was to Cleveland. If the Bengals win Saturday, he is already the face of the entire city.

I swear to... If Burrow forms a Miami Dolphins super team and then takes his talents to the LA Rams to film a few movies, I am totally blaming you.  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 01:37 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: So Burrow is only going to get us 7 Super Bowl championships?
That’s a little disappointing -  I am expecting at least a double digit amount of Lombardi trophies from him!

I know..We should trade him just in case it's only 7.. If he doesn't make opposing defenses cry by the first quarter trade him..  Whatever
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 07:37 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Completing passes makes a QB good? He led the league in completion percentage. Are there no good QBs? 

I bolded his comment about Hurts in my reply, making it clear that's what I was replying to. You know, the guy with 52% completion his rookie year.

You'd have known that if you had actually taken a second to actually read my post that you're replying to rather than just decide there was an outrage afoot and your derisive outrage boner was just the tool for the job.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 08:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I bolded his comment about Hurts in my reply, making it clear that's what I was replying to. You know, the guy with 52% completion his rookie year.

You'd have known that if you had actually taken a second to actually read my post that you're replying to rather than just decide there was an outrage afoot and your derisive outrage boner was just the tool for the job.

Derisive outrage boner is my new band name if I had a band.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 08:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I bolded his comment about Hurts in my reply, making it clear that's what I was replying to. You know, the guy with 52% completion his rookie year.

I'm severely jet-lagged, adjusting to a 9-hour time change from South Africa, just having landed in Montana 3 days ago. Now excuse me while I go wipe the egg off my face!
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 11:44 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: I'm severely jet-lagged, adjusting to a 9-hour time change from South Africa, just having landed in Montana 3 days ago. Now excuse me while I go wipe the egg off my face!

All good man. That's a hell of a trip.  Joe

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 07:08 PM)pally Wrote: I just can't get over Herbert missing 30 passes against the Raiders.  He had to make so many 4th downs because he couldn't connect on 1st-3rd downs.  Those passes were way overthrown, were behind the receivers, short of the receivers.  The accuracy just wasn't there.

I know people love Herbert because of his strong arm, but I'd rather have a QB who has pinpoint accuracy, can lead receivers properly, and put proper touch on the ball to make sure it's catchable vs being able to throw downfield an extra 10 yards.

While I do give props to the Chargers and Herbert being able to even come back in this game being down by 15 pts in the mid-3rd quarter, there were a handful of passes that he simply threw way too hard. It resulted in the receivers dropping "easy" passes. Reminded me a lot of Carson Palmer back in the day.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote