Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow vs. Herbert
You know, the latest crop of young QB's having big success came into pretty damn good situations. I'm not taking away anything from their play, but they did walk into good to excellent setups. It makes a big difference.

This is what makes Burrow so incredible. I get the feeling that in a good situation, he would be tearing it up.

It's a shame that he had to come along the exact year he did, before there was a line in place in front of him. But that's when he came. Hopefully, someone can come up with a solution this year. If the line even gets a little better, we're winning games like the two we lost.

From now on, every team we play will be blitzing their asses off. Hopefully, he can click on these near misses he's been having--and I believe he will--and we can be talking about wins instead of close losses.

I ask myself, could Burrow do what Herbert's doing for the Chargers? I gotta say hell yes.

Could Herbert do what Burrow's doing here?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:06 AM)McC Wrote: You know, the latest crop of young QB's having big success came into pretty damn good situations.  I'm not taking away anything from their play, but they did walk into good to excellent setups.  It makes a big difference.

This is what makes Burrow so incredible.  I get the feeling that in a good situation, he would be tearing it up.  

It's a shame that he had to come along the exact year he did, before there was a line in place in front of him.  But that's when he came.  Hopefully, someone can come up with a solution this year.  If the line even gets a little better, we're winning games like the two we lost.

From now on, every team we play will be blitzing their asses off.  Hopefully, he can click on these near misses he's been having--and I believe he will--and we can be talking about wins instead of close losses.

I ask myself, could Burrow do what Herbert's doing for the Chargers?  I gotta say hell yes.

Could Herbert do what Burrow's doing here?

That is hypo that cant be answered , what can be answered is Herbert has played well like Burrow and both look like they have the makings of a NFL QB.. do you agree?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:29 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: That is hypo that cant be answered , what can be answered is Herbert has played well like Burrow and both look like they have the makings of a NFL QB.. do you agree?

Absolutely.  They're both the real deal.  Herbert has great size, good wheels and a rocket for an arm.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:32 AM)McC Wrote: Absolutely.  They're both the real deal.  Herbert has great size, good wheels and a rocket for an arm.  

It would have been funny seeing them.compete game 1.. but I have a feeling they will over the next decade
Reply/Quote
Herbert has been much better protected than Burrow. Herbert has the physical tools but the football smarts are not really there. It showed last week and this week too.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 01:06 AM)Joelist Wrote: Herbert has been much better protected than Burrow. Herbert has the physical tools but the football smarts are not really there. It showed last week and this week too.

He has been very impressive,  watched both games and made some plays down the field that I wish we could be making. Not sure where your info is coming from but
As for pressure he was also under siege this past weekend also with 21 pressures and players are speaking out about his smarts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Justin-Herbert-Chargers-152143801/Amp/
Reply/Quote
Not sure why this needed to be a 'versus' thread. FFS, they're 3 games into their rookie seasons.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
I'm still waiting on a verdict on Andy versus Cam.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 06:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm still waiting on a verdict on Andy versus Cam.

[Image: 05d.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 06:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Not sure why this needed to be a 'versus' thread. FFS, they're 3 games into their rookie seasons.  Mellow

Good point my thought was I feel these two will be the stars of the draft and measured against each other
Reply/Quote
Herbert has played well, better than I expected but he has also displayed some of the inconsistency he had in college. He will wow you and then disappoint you in the span of two plays. That said, he is a very physically gifted QB that looks like he will slow the game down and get better. I have been impressed with him, but I would still put Burrow above him due to his accuracy. Overall, if we are judging two/three games in, Burrow looks better but they both look like they will be able to play high-level football in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 07:40 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Herbert has played well, better than I expected but he has also displayed some of the inconsistency he had in college. He will wow you and then disappoint you in the span of two plays. That said, he is a very physically gifted QB that looks like he will slow the game down and get better. I have been impressed with him, but I would still put Burrow above him due to his accuracy. Overall, if we are judging two/three games in, Burrow looks better but they both look like they will be able to play high-level football in the NFL.

I understand what you are saying about college but we also thought Burrow would be making bigger plays downfield from his college performance and that has not transformed just yet... Short window but Herbert is at a 70% clip with completion rate which is impressive..  I think both have played well as rookies overall so far. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 09:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I understand what you are saying about college but we also thought Burrow would be making bigger plays downfield from his college performance and that has not transformed just yet... Short window but Herbert is at a 70% clip with completion rate which is impressive..  I think both have played well as rookies overall so far. 

Agreed, both look good which makes me happy. Exciting QB talent in the league right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 09:49 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Agreed, both look good which makes me happy. Exciting QB talent in the league right now.

The biggest surprise around the league for me right now is Josh Allen. I might end up having to eat some crow on him. I didn’t think he’d be this good, but he seems to have really improved his accuracy.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 06:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Not sure why this needed to be a 'versus' thread. FFS, they're 3 games into their rookie seasons.  Mellow

Not to mention, one of them can be great and the other one can too and that'll be okay.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 10:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The biggest surprise around the league for me right now is Josh Allen. I might end up having to eat some crow on him. I didn’t think he’d be this good, but he seems to have really improved his accuracy.

I think I read he's somewhere around 70%.  I was pimping him the year he got drafted and all anybody could talk about was what a scatter arm he is.  Just goes to show ya that, like shooting free throws, practice makes perfect.

He has things that just can't be taught.  His drive to win the game Sunday was pretty impressive.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Funny how we just cant seem to give credit to Herbert when he has performed  totally on par with Burrow rt and sorry I put Boyd over William's all day and Mixon a draw.. and let's add how our not so good defense shut theor passing down.. Herbert takes over and throws for near 650 ..hmm.. 

Funny how you cannot seem to discern the differences between the Chargers roster and the Bengals and see how that would affect either QB's performance.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 12:02 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Funny how you cannot seem to discern the differences between the Chargers roster and the Bengals and see how that would affect either QB's performance.

We played the chargers,  not very impressive.. and did you see carolina game? I did Hererbt was under pressure big time also.. how about you give credit to Herbert who is also on a subpar team that we actually had beat..hmm
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 10:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The biggest surprise around the league for me right now is Josh Allen. I might end up having to eat some crow on him. I didn’t think he’d be this good, but he seems to have really improved his accuracy.

He has improved so much, it is incredibly impressive. He is a legit good QB right now, AND he is dangerous with his legs. He has improved his ability to read defenses along with accuracy. I wasn't a fan of his, either, but he is certainly proving me wrong. On the flip side, I think Darnold could be a good QB but the Gase run Jets are just a nightmare. He has the ability but not the support around him. 
Reply/Quote
PFF QB grades through the first 4 weeks...

[Image: 8g4114ohmnr51.png?width=290&format=png&a...e9123e9983]

Reply/Quote