Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow vs Mahomes
(12-10-2022, 10:02 AM)samhain Wrote: It feels dumb to start comparing him to all-time greats, but it's definitely something I impulsively do.  My wife asked me what I thought of him after they won vs the Titans in his rookie season.  I told her he was Tom Brady remade and it felt ignorant, but not quite completely off target.  

If you look at what he's doing 40 games into his career, the argument is interesting.  Brady had the privilege of growing into the league on a roster with the best defense and defensive coach in the league to prop him up.  On offense, they were a running team personality-wise.  By the time Brady became god-level goat Brady, he'd already won 2 or 3 titles while he was figuring things out.  Burrow has grown up with a very young and previously unsuccessful coach, a very bad offensive line up to about 5 weeks ago, and a defense that was in no way established when he arrived here.  

His success is largely a product of his singular impact.  He wasn't  so much nurtured and developed by the existing culture.  He came here and the culture became great because OF him.  That's massive.  Herbert and Tua are great and so is Hurts, but I don't think any of those guys were capable of doing what Burrow has done to impact the overall demeanor of an organization.  Tua was babied and protected due to injury and Herbert hasn't shown he can carry a depleted roster. Hurts took 2 seasons to develop into what he is now.  Burrow made a difference the minute he logged on to virtual meetings during covid.  The entire makeup and mentality changed around him.  It's unreal to watch.

Another fantastic post Samhain, completely agree and you said it better than I could. I said before we drafted him, I saw a more mobile
Tom Brady. That is who I still see but Joe Burrow is growing into his own version that I cannot even compare him to, like you say, it is 
unreal to watch honestly. The confidence he brings is just infectious and his accuracy hitting his Receivers in stride and on comebacks 
and curls and his sideline balls are second to none, even Brady IMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 08:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Another fantastic post Samhain, completely agree and you said it better than I could. I said before we drafted him, I saw a more mobile
Tom Brady. That is who I still see but Joe Burrow is growing into his own version that I cannot even compare him to, like you say, it is 
unreal to watch honestly. The confidence he brings is just infectious and his accuracy hitting his Receivers in stride and on comebacks 

It's like Burrow is playing madden pressing X and the ball just goes where it needs to.  The couple times he does make bad throws it's almost shocking.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 08:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Another fantastic post Samhain, completely agree and you said it better than I could. I said before we drafted him, I saw a more mobile

I saw Jimmy Johnson this week saying that several coaches and scouts he knew told him that Burrow was the best they'd ever seen during his draft evaluations.  Take that for what it is, but that's not nothing.
Reply/Quote
I think Mahomes has a higher floor and ceiling than Joe when it comes to ability.

I think Joe has the ability to maintain a higher level of play on average.

If this makes any sense...?

Reply/Quote

Infectious is the perfect word when explaining what Joe Burrow brings to the team besides his ability. Thanks
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 08:50 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think Mahomes has a higher floor and ceiling than Joe when it comes to ability.

I think Joe has the ability to maintain a higher level of play on average.

If this makes any sense...?

Had to smoke fatty of strawberry cough to understand it, but get it now lol. 

Or think I do get the gist, believe Mahomes has more physical tools, but Joe stays within his framework and has the superior staying power in the long haul per not relying on his athleticism as much as Patrick. 

I think anyway, strawberry cough, cough, cough is clouding my mind. As Stevie Wonder said I'm on Higher Ground.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 03:32 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Had to smokes fatty of strawberry cough to understand it, but get it now lol. 

Or think I do get the gist, believe Mahomes has more physical tools, but Joe stays within his framework and has the superior staying power in the long haul per not relying on his athleticism as much as Patrick. 

I think anyway, strawberry cough, cough, cough is clouding my mind. As Stevie Wonder said I'm on Higher Ground.
:-)-~~~

Currently making a batch of "budder" in the crockpot. 25% THC mixed in with a pound of butter and a couple cups of water. Makes awesome 13x9 cakes.

Ken Anderson interviewed about Joe and the Bengals

Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
It is very likely Joe will be even better next year. If Burrow gets time in the pocket he is second to none now. He will be better next year and even better the season after that. I would definitely take Joe over any NFL player to build my team.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:30 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: :-)-~~~

Currently making a batch of "budder" in the crockpot. 25% THC mixed in with a pound of butter and a couple cups of water. Makes awesome 13x9 cakes.

Heck yes ! 

Just a public service announcement, if you use coconut oil it will absorb the THC into that "budder"  even more and really get you buttered

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 12:28 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Heck yes ! 

Just a public service announcement, if you use coconut oil it will absorb the THC into that "budder"  even more and really get you buttered

Never heard that before, will check it out. Thanks.

Do you know about decarboxylation?

Spread your weed on a cookie sheet, break it up

220 degrees in the oven for about 45 minutes

It breaks down the cells so the THC absorbs through cell walls into the butter much easier and the house smells AWESOME.

After learning that, it went from beginners "Hey, everybody! Let's eat some weed cake!"(I'm allergic to cocoa, so no brownies for me), to post decarboxylation "If you are driving, eat this AFTER YOU GET HOME and are not going anywhere for the rest of the night. Don't #### around with this."

Also . . . only use a crockpot with a WARM setting. Low is still too hot and will vaporize your weed and, when you lift the lid off of the crockpot, most of your THC will rise to the ceiling in the form of invisible vapors instead of soaking into your butter.

Edited: Try to do this early in the morning on a day off where you're going to be at home all day. I stir it in the crockpot every hour for 12 hours and get amazing results. When I did it overnight twice for 12 hours and only stirred it a few times each time because of sleep . . . twice I had "meh" budder.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 12:51 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Never heard that before, will check it out. Thanks.

It breaks down the cells so the THC absorbs through cell walls into the butter much easier and the house smells AWESOME.

After learning that, it went from beginners "Hey, everybody! Let's eat some weed cake!"(I'm allergic to cocoa, so no brownies for me), to post decarboxylation "If you are driving, eat this AFTER YOU GET HOME and are not going anywhere for the rest of the night. Don't #### around with this."

Also . . . only use a crockpot with a WARM setting. Low is still too hot and will vaporize your weed and, when you lift the lid off of the crockpot, most of your THC will rise to the ceiling in the form of invisible vapors instead of soaking into your butter.

Edited: Try to do this early in the morning on a day off where you're going to be at home all day. I stir it in the crockpot every hour for 12 hours and get amazing results. When I did it overnight twice for 12 hours and only stirred it a few times each time because of sleep . . . twice I had "meh" budder.

Thanks, great read and did not know. Although my guy might know because his cookies are not for the rookies.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 12:51 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Never heard that before, will check it out. Thanks.

I was decarbing in my oven and then was just eating it with all natural peanut butter. It didn't taste too bad. And worked great! I always thought you'd have to cook it with fats. But you can also just eat it straight. Learned this when I had a PAX for a while. Seemed like the Pax decarbed it better than I could though. 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:30 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: :-)-~~~

So as I understand it, after you decarb it in the oven, you either boil it in a pot or put it in a crock pot. How do you know when you get to 25%? I know if you get this stuff at a dispensary with actual chemists, they can tell you how many mgs are in an edible, but at home it's mostly guessing, is it not? I have a lady that makes it for me, as it helps my back relax at night so I can sleep. Was thinking about cooking my own, but I wouldn't even know where to buy the weed.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So as I understand it, after you decarb it in the oven, you either boil it in a pot or put it in a crock pot. How do you know when you get to 25%? I know if you get this stuff at a dispensary with actual chemists, they can tell you how many mgs are in an edible, but at home it's mostly guessing, is it not? I have a lady that makes it for me, as it helps my back relax at night so I can sleep. Was thinking about cooking my own, but I wouldn't even know where to buy the weed.

First off, you don't need weed as in bud . . . just the scrap leaf from growers will do just fine, but it does need to be off of a flowering or budding plant. Weed with seeds stops producing THC so keep that in mind when just throwing a bunch of seeds in a field. I make mine with leaf or shake that came from a grower that had his weed tested and his came in at 25%. I have no idea of the percentage of my budder. I just know that it's four or five times more effective than my previous efforts before decarbing the weed. That's why I use cake instead of cookies. Cake uses much less butter and you can control the level of the high so much better. Accidentally eat a second cookie and your day is ruined. Eating too much and getting too high on edibles is an awful feeling. Yeah, you sleep most of it off, but you will not want to touch weed at all for a couple of weeks. I've known total stoney wasteoids completely quit weed after ingesting too much THC just one time.

NEVER BOIL IT. You're just making shitty tasting butter. The crock pot must have settings of OFF-WARM-LOW-HIGH. If it doesn't have a warm setting, you'd be lucky if it will only lose half of your THC through vaporizing.

I'm glad it helps you with your back. That's what the edibles are actually best at. I still prefer the head rush from smoking it much more than the measured plateaued high of the edibles, but edibles give you one Hell of a body high. Before my Mom passed away, she never smoked weed, but her at 73, her friend at 78 and her neighbor at 68, all loved the great sleep that they got from my edibles.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Also, the two cups of water mixed in with the weed and butter are crucial to the process, but useless at the end.

After 12 hours in the crockpot, pop in a few ice cubes. After they're melted, scoop out all of the water, weed and butter into a cheesecloth and with disposable food grade gloves, squeeze out as much butter and water without letting any leaf getting through. You're already warming up a dairy product for 12 hours and mixing it with organic material, leftover leaf will make it mold faster. I squeeze it into a regular cool whip bowl as I need a flexible bowl to get it out in one solid circular disc after I put it in the fridge, or in Alaska six months of the year, on the porch.

The budder will rise to the top and harden. You can flex the bowl over the sink and let the nasty waste water out. Then flip over your budder disc and rinse off the waste water residue on the bottom with warm water. Leaving the residue on the disc results in bad tasting budder, kind of like eating a cold can of undrained vegetables.

I then take the disc and slice it like a six slice pizza and wrap all six pieces in their own piece of cellophane. Then, put them in the freezer so they don't go bad and sour. Each slice is the perfect amount for one 13X9 cake and I use one of the slices strictly for greasing the pans before putting in the cake mix. That piece should last for greasing up five different batches.

You will need
Crockpot with a warm setting
4 sticks of unsalted butter(because not every recipe calls for salt. It has nothing to do with absorbing the THC better than salted butter)
1 ounce of pot leaves
2 cups of water
cheesecloth
Cool Whip bowl
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 09:38 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Also, the two cups of water mixed in with the weed and butter are crucial to the process, but useless at the end.

After 12 hours in the crockpot, pop in a few ice cubes. After they're melted, scoop out all of the water, weed and butter into a cheesecloth and with disposable food grade gloves, squeeze out as much butter and water without letting any leaf getting through. You're already warming up a dairy product for 12 hours and mixing it with organic material, leftover leaf will make it mold faster. I squeeze it into a regular cool whip bowl as I need a flexible bowl to get it out in one solid circular disc after I put it in the fridge, or in Alaska six months of the year, on the porch.

The budder will rise to the top and harden. You can flex the bowl over the sink and let the nasty waste water out. Then flip over your budder disc and rinse off the waste water residue on the bottom with warm water. Leaving the residue on the disc results in bad tasting budder, kind of like eating a cold can of undrained vegetables.

I then take the disc and slice it like a six slice pizza and wrap all six pieces in their own piece of cellophane. Then, put them in the freezer so they don't go bad and sour. Each slice is the perfect amount for one 13X9 cake and I use one of the slices strictly for greasing the pans before putting in the cake mix. That piece should last for greasing up five different batches.

You will need
Crockpot with a warm setting
4 sticks of unsalted butter(because not every recipe calls for salt. It has nothing to do with absorbing the THC better than salted butter)
1 ounce of pot leaves
2 cups of water
cheesecloth
Cool Whip bowl

He is right but suggest to try it with coconut oil instead of butter one time and see how you like.

Like you I still prefer smoking, but eat the cookies when I go to concerts where I can't partake or when just needing a good nights sleep.   

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote