Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow wants to play with AJ Green on the team
I agree with PFF about AJ... 3 years 50mil (16.67 average) 18 mil guaranteed.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 12:47 PM)Synric Wrote: I agree with PFF about AJ... 3 years 50mil (16.67 average) 18 mil guaranteed.

However, the problem with that is that there's no reason for AJ to sign a multi year deal without substantially more guaranteed money than the FT.  For a 3 year/$50 mil deal, you're probably looking at $25-30 mil in guaranteed money.

My feeling is that AJ will get the FT because I don't see either side budging and barring a ridiculous trade offer, he'll skip OTA's and show up after the last preseason game.  From there, hopefully he balls out and earns a multi year deal he's happy with.  
Reply/Quote
Signing Green is risky and will be costly. However, Given the narrative that no one wants to play for the Bengals and that the Front Office is "cheap" I think they will avoid the franchise tag and sigh him.

Key team signings for Bengals this year:

1-Green, probably 4-5 year deal, about 17 mil per. Sorry, but Green thinks he has elite level of play in him for next 4 years. He will not sign a 3 year deal because he wants to be a Bengal for life and not sign for another team. It will be a 4 year deal or 5 year with 5th year as an option. Signing Green is risky and will hurt. But if he can play, then do it. It will assuage the narrative that no one wants to play for Bengals.

2-WJ3, probably 5 year deal 12 mil per.
3-Dennard probably 1 year 10 mil.
4-Mixon, probably 5 year extension. 10 mil per (should be 7-8 mil per).

That doesn't leave a lot of room for CB, Backer, and Guard. Even if Dalton is traded and Kirkpatrick is cut. I hope if the team signs Green that he can play at least 3-4 years of his deal.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 12:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: If you watch the interviews of Taylor and Tobin from the combine, it seems as though AJ coming back is almost a done deal. You never hear them say "hopefully we can get AJ done", it's "AJ coming back will help out".....

That could be as much because they are going to slap the franchise tag on him as because they are close to a deal.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 08:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And can you blame him for being outspoken on that notion?  A fully rejuvenated AJ Green paired with the deadly accurate Joe Burrow throwing to him, would be a beautiful thing to watch.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/25/joe-burrow-message-bengals-wants-play-with-aj-green/?fbclid=IwAR0aaEqnnmPaOV89CzKRuhPTkmMHWEZyjHqi8SjZ3zAlkA0ZS06nJSeLJE4

Well I would rather have an extension for Green than the Tag anyways, I think everyone one would.

Just hope it has incentives on whether he stays healthy or not. 

ANY contract he will get HAS to have this with his recent history.

If AJ can stay healthy, Burrow and him could be very hard to stop. AJ made Dalton look good for a lot of years on inaccurate
balls. This is not dissing Andy, just saying Burrow is much more accurate across the middle and Burrow can throw his WR's 
open and has great pocket awareness that would help AJ get open easier.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 11:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

If AJ will sign a reasonable contract with incentives for games played I'd love to see him finish a Bengal and help Burrow. And if he won't tag him and trade him.
This sounds good to me but we need a back up plan in case AJ ends up injured this year. I still want a decent WR high pick so we can have 3 solid starters on the field. ZT offense calls for 3 WR in the base that we run most of the time with Ross and AJ injury history we need very good back ups.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 02:55 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: This sounds good to me but we need a back up plan in case AJ ends up injured this year. I still want a decent WR high pick so we can have 3 solid starters on the field. ZT offense calls for 3 WR in the base that we run most of the time with Ross and AJ injury history we need very good back ups.

I'd be amazed if they didn't take a WR this year. Besides the incredibly deep WR draft there's no way they are going to take up John Ross' option and I'm sure they'd like someone to have a year in the system before replacing him.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 02:55 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: This sounds good to me but we need a back up plan in case AJ ends up injured this year. I still want a decent WR high pick so we can have 3 solid starters on the field. ZT offense calls for 3 WR in the base that we run most of the time with Ross and AJ injury history we need very good back ups.

(02-26-2020, 02:59 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: I'd be amazed if they didn't take a WR this year. Besides the incredibly deep WR draft there's no way they are going to take up John Ross' option and I'm sure they'd like someone to have a year in the system before replacing him.

Have to use FA and get a Guard or LB if we go WR at 33...

Very deep Draft for WR's not so deep for Linebackers at all and last I noticed this is the teams biggest weakness.

If we get a LB in FA, would be more than happy with a WR like Aiyuk, Shenault or Mims at 33. Then go Guard at the top of the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 02:08 PM)Whatever Wrote: However, the problem with that is that there's no reason for AJ to sign a multi year deal without substantially more guaranteed money than the FT.  For a 3 year/$50 mil deal, you're probably looking at $25-30 mil in guaranteed money.

My feeling is that AJ will get the FT because I don't see either side budging and barring a ridiculous trade offer, he'll skip OTA's and show up after the last preseason game.  From there, hopefully he balls out and earns a multi year deal he's happy with.  

That contract is pretty standard for players in their 30s. Geno signed a 4 year 65 mil contract with only 17mil guaranteed.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.  The total amount of the contract won't matter that much.  It will be about how much is guaranteed.

This is an instance where the Bengals being stingy on guaranteed money is a good thing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 09:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've stated a time or two on here, that I think that the best thing that the Bengals can do is sign AJ Green to a fair market, 3 year deal.  Now, that deal should also include some clauses to protections to the team's interests, as well as compensating AJ to the level he has earned in the league.

^^^^

Agree 2 or 3 year deal
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
AJ doesn't have a full season left in him. Had all the tools to be a Kobe Bryant.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 08:59 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: AJ doesn't have a full season left in him. Had all the tools to be a Kobe Bryant.

Ah BS.... AJ was back from having his toe surgically corrected and looked fantastic. Rolling his ankle after getting tangled with Kirkpatrick is something that could have happened to anyone.  A.J. has not been injury plagued throughout his career. He had turf toe, which has been fixed, and he rolled his ankle and tore the ligaments. The way he prepares and takes care of himself, he has many seasons left in him.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 02:08 PM)Whatever Wrote: My feeling is that AJ will get the FT because I don't see either side budging and barring a ridiculous trade offer, he'll skip OTA's and show up after the last preseason game.  From there, hopefully he balls out and earns a multi year deal he's happy with.  

A.J. said he if he gets tagged, he'll skip OTA's, but he will be at training camp. 
Reply/Quote
Green isn’t an idiot

He knows the 18 mil tag is the most money he’ll get for 1 year

He also knows NO team will give him a 3 year deal that doesn’t include incentives

I think we are all overvaluing what Green is worth in the open market. If I were him I’d take the 18 mil tag and bet on myself staying healthy and hopefully someone gives me 3 years on the next contract
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 08:41 PM)Synric Wrote: That contract is pretty standard for players in their 30s. Geno signed a 4 year 65 mil contract with only 17mil guaranteed.

I agree.  However, I don't think AJ will settle for a standard contract.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 09:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ah BS.... AJ was back from having his toe surgically corrected and looked fantastic. Rolling his ankle after getting tangled with Kirkpatrick is something that could have happened to anyone.  A.J. has not been injury plagued throughout his career. He had turf toe, which has been fixed, and he rolled his ankle and tore the ligaments. The way he prepares and takes care of himself, he has many seasons left in him.

I hope so.

(02-27-2020, 10:23 AM)Housh Wrote: Green isn’t an idiot

He knows the 18 mil tag is the most money he’ll get for 1 year

He also knows NO team will give him a 3 year deal that doesn’t include incentives

I think we are all overvaluing what Green is worth in the open market. If I were him I’d take the 18 mil tag and bet on myself staying healthy and hopefully someone gives me 3 years on the next contract

He doesn't want the tag, he wants a multiple year contract and it would hurt us to give him the tag cause we couldn't improve
the team by bringing in a LB or O-lineman in Free Agency.

The tag makes no sense for anyone IMO.

(02-27-2020, 01:20 PM)Whatever Wrote: I agree.  However, I don't think AJ will settle for a standard contract.

Why? He hasn't played for 24 consecutive games...

Who is going to pay AJ top 5 WR money?

No one, not even us and we know more than anyone about AJ's health and injury history.
Reply/Quote