Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals making the playoffs is looking brighter!
There's another possibility you haven't even talked about.. Suppose'n they expand the playoffs to 5 teams in each division! We'll be a lock to be in the playoffs...unless they expand each division to 6 teams each in which case we're screwed.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 03:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: it will help the 3rd best or 2nd best in a really good division to not be left out over a 7-9 division winner.

That is true. NFC East anyone.

Reply/Quote
What if we just said "you can make the playoffs if you're better than .500" and if it didn't fill the bracket, they start filling the last spots with the best remaining teams?
Reply/Quote
More football is good but this kind of reminds me how college football rewards so many mediocre teams with Bowl games.
Reply/Quote
C'mon..You're just not seeing the big picture. What could possibly be more exciting than a couple of college teams with 2-10 records from say, South Florida and perhaps New Mexico playing in a bowl game in a packed stadium in Nome Alaska on a Tuesday afternoon? I know I'd probably not tune in, but I'm just that kind of curmudgeon .. Whatever
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 04:17 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What if we just said "you can make the playoffs if you're better than .500" and if it didn't fill the bracket, they start filling the last spots with the best remaining teams?

This would never work... It would be confusing as hell to see them all and there would most likely be more teams getting in, in one conference than the other.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 01:17 AM)grampahol Wrote: C'mon..You're just not seeing the big picture. What could possibly be more exciting than a couple of college teams with 2-10 records from say, South Florida and perhaps New Mexico playing in a bowl game in a packed stadium in Nome Alaska on a Tuesday afternoon? I know I'd probably not tune in, but I'm just that kind of curmudgeon .. Whatever

How many Bowl games they got in college now? Seriously?
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How many Bowl games they got in college now? Seriously?

There are 40 FBS Bowl games each year. There are 130 FBS teams. That means over 60% (80) of all FBS teams can look forward to making it to a Bowl game.

Translate that to the NFL and it would mean 19-20 teams making it to the playoffs. The new proposal has 14 making it in.

Pretty soon all sports teams will be playing for participation trophies.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 07:28 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: There are 40 FBS Bowl games each year. There are 130 FBS teams. That means over 60% (80) of all FBS teams can look forward to making it to a Bowl game.

Translate that to the NFL and it would mean 19-20 teams making it to the playoffs. The new proposal has 14 making it in.

Pretty soon all sports teams will be playing for participation trophies.

Thought it was something extravagant, thanks Chezaugie.

I love college football but this is BS man. Only the best teams in the nation should go to Bowl games.

I could understand around 10 Bowl games, but 40?!!!
Reply/Quote
That was why I couldn't get into college football. I'll give the new format a chance; it could worl out? Plus only one team getting a bye week makes it more intriguing.
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought it was something extravagant, thanks Chezaugie.

I love college football but this is BS man. Only the best teams in the nation should go to Bowl games.

I could understand around 10 Bowl games, but 40?!!!

Thought you might enjoy this. Bowls games now at 41.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28786747/la-bowl-sofi-stadium-added-postseason-slate-2020
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 02:57 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Thought you might enjoy this. Bowls games now at 41.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28786747/la-bowl-sofi-stadium-added-postseason-slate-2020

Wow, they just won't learn. Whatever 

Rewarding mediocrity is not the way to go man.
Reply/Quote