Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Burrow was a polite human being to Trump and now apparently he’s racist lol
Logged into Twitter (X) and had to log back out after 3 minutes of scrolling.

Burrow is trending for shaking Trumps hand at UFC 299 and just being a polite young man. and apparently he’s now racist and a conservative. After being really into politics for almost a decade Iv realized both parties suck ass and these Dem VS Rep beefs are silly because both their asses work for US.

But i just think it’s a bad sign for society that Burrow being a polite human being to a guy ppl dislike, somehow means Burrow has to get hate too. Like if ppl are this stupid does America have a chance anyway? The sheep mentality is ruining this country and we never use it for anything productive.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
It's a loud minority doing loud minority things. It'll be forgotten in a month.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
The one I saw was defending him because he didn't give a thumbs up also.  

Maybe he supports him, maybe he doesn't.  Don't really care.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 07:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: The one I saw was defending him because he didn't give a thumbs up also.  

Maybe he supports him, maybe he doesn't.  Don't really care.

I’ve seen the lunatics on the right running with it. Oh you THOUGHT the NFL players were WOKE??!

He briefly shook a former president’s ***** hand. We’re cooked.
Reply/Quote
At least we don't have to ignore Burrow acting buddy buddy with Jeffrey Epstein or something.

I will say if burrow isn't a Trump guy this is an unwise bit of politeness, because the MAGA folk are looking to insist a big names are on their side.  And insist they shall so he can either agree or disagree and then he's getting "political" either way. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's stupid, he's a American and as all Americans we should be willing to shake any of the POTUS's hands.
Doing so is not associating yourself to the Party label, but showing respect to one of the hardest jobs out there.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:19 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It's stupid, he's a American and as all Americans we should be willing to shake any of the POTUS's hands.
Doing so is not associating yourself to the Party label, but showing respect to one of the hardest jobs out there.

And that’s what he did, Except in this case he shook the hand of the former POTUS. He did that before at a previous fight.

Nick Bosa, is a known Trump suppoter. What we know about Burrow’s public statements and actions tells us that he probably isn’t
Y

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:00 AM)pally Wrote: And that’s what he did, Except in this case he shook the hand of the former POTUS. He did that before at a previous fight.

Nick Bosa, is a known Trump suppoter. What we know about Burrow’s public statements and actions tells us that he probably isn’t
Y

I agree. But even if he was, so what?
Reply/Quote
DOn't care about his politics or what people are saying about it.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 10:30 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I agree. But even if he was, so what?

I wouldn't care if I wouldn't know, and not knowing might be the preferrable situation. I wouldn't care if he has some conservative viewpoints either. But in all honesty, I'd find it a tad tougher to root for a guy if he were a known, ardent Trump supporter. I wouldn't want my QB to possibly muse about stolen elections, Hannibal Lecters coming across the border and whatnot. It would make me feel uneasy.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:45 PM)hollodero Wrote: I wouldn't care if I wouldn't know, and not knowing might be the preferrable situation. I wouldn't care if he has some conservative viewpoints either. But in all honesty, I'd find it a tad tougher to root for a guy if he were a known, ardent Trump supporter. I wouldn't want my QB to possibly muse about stolen elections, Hannibal Lecters coming across the border and whatnot. It would make me feel uneasy.

Eh, you need to get past that, brother.  The dude entertains you by throwing a ball.  Unless he's a closet pedophile or something equally heinous what he thinks in his private life shouldn't even be on any fan's radar.

Reply/Quote
I learned a long time ago to take any discourse on Twitter with a grain of salt. Relative to the population of the users who have access to it, the user pool for Twitter is extraordinarily low. It is a breeding ground for loud minority politics.

I wouldn't be surprised if Burrow had some conservative sympathies. He was born in Iowa, raised in Nebraska, North Dakota and Ohio, and went to school in Ohio and Louisiana. He probably has friends who are trump supporters, including the Bosas, who he met at OSU.

Based on his previous political statements, I don't believe he is one, but maybe he is, I don't know.

I don't particularly care either. He is a good person who does great things for his community and is also great at football.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 01:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Eh, you need to get past that, brother.  The dude entertains you by throwing a ball.  Unless he's a closet pedophile or something equally heinous what he thinks in his private life shouldn't even be on any fan's radar.

Sure, that sounds as wise as it can get. I could be disingenous and say yeah that's how I actually feel, but I just know I do not. Remember that guy Felix Baumgartner, who made that red bull stratosphere jump? I found it quite amazing what he did (that and some other extreme jumps), until he turned out to be a right-wing conspiracy nut. I just can not see past that, it just bothers me. And it would be the same for my QB, for I would still be happier about the entertainment value he provides to me if I can actually like the guy. Which would still work if he's a conservative, sure, but not if he's talking replacement theory or some of the more extreme stuff Trump endorses.

I agree it should not be on any fan's radar, sure. As I said, that would be preferrable from the start. The question was what if it were - like in Kaep's case. I could understand conservatives not really liking him (as in hoping he's not on their team) as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 01:24 PM)hollodero Wrote: Sure, that sounds as wise as it can get. I could be disingenous and say yeah that's how I actually feel, but I just know I do not. Remember that guy Felix Baumgartner, who made that red bull stratosphere jump? I found it quite amazing what he did (that and some other extreme jumps), until he turned out to be a right-wing conspiracy nut. I just can not see past that, it just bothers me. And it would be the same for my QB, for I would still be happier about the entertainment value he provides to me if I can actually like the guy. Which would still work if he's a conservative, sure, but not if he's talking replacement theory or some of the more extreme stuff Trump endorses.

I agree it should not be on any fan's radar, sure. As I said, that would be preferrable from the start. The question was what if it were - like in Kaep's case. I could understand conservatives not really liking him (as in hoping he's not on their team) as well.

I can understand that, it just seems beneath you.  Especially given your dislike for our two party system.  If you don't like the Dems you really only have one choice, and Trump is part of that choice for the time being.  Also, I don't find the Kaepernick comparisons to be apt, as that dude brought his politics into his job.  If Burrow started wearing a MAGA hat and spouting Trumpisms while in uniform, or even during an interview, you'd have more of a direct comparison.  You like the dude because he is a good QB for your team, that traditionally struggles to find them.  Unless he makes his politics a part of his professional persona I just don't see why anyone would care.  But I also get it's how you feel about it and that you acknowledge that.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 01:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I can understand that, it just seems beneath you.  Especially given your dislike for our two party system.  If you don't like the Dems you really only have one choice, and Trump is part of that choice for the time being.  Also, I don't find the Kaepernick comparisons to be apt, as that dude brought his politics into his job.  If Burrow started wearing a MAGA hat and spouting Trumpisms while in uniform, or even during an interview, you'd have more of a direct comparison.  You like the dude because he is a good QB for your team, that traditionally struggles to find them.  Unless he makes his politics a part of his professional persona I just don't see why anyone would care.  But I also get it's how you feel about it and that you acknowledge that.

I certainly was talking a hypothetical where my QB is such an ardent supporter that it is impossible not to notice, eg. bringing politics to the job by talking about it at least. If it "just" came out he voted for Trump/expressed a preference for him over the liberal guy, I'd probably shrug it off and not mind that much.
To be clear, I understand why conservative leaning people vote for Trump, it's not about that. It's about being a flamboyant supporter, where I just couldn't claim that it does not bother me at all. I just can't lie about that. I would not have wanted Rex Ryan as a coach mainly because he enthusiastically introduced Trump at a rallye. He then distanced himself, which made him a tad less unlikeable to me. Sorry.

For sure, a distinct political affiliation is just one thing that would bother me. I was bothered by two Bengals, Burfict because he was dirty, Adam Jones because he was gangsta. They were (mostly) great for the Bengals, but I still did not like them and found it easier to root for guys like Nelson etc. to catch that game winning INT or whatever. I also don't like Wilson for he's phony, Cousins or Brees for they are so overly religious, Newton for his superman, Big Ben for being Big Ben, Rodgers for being prone to conspiracies, Manziel for his money gesture, etc... and sure, a QB that is an ardent Trump supporter would be on this list for me as well. To me, Dalton and Burrow are just easier to root for and I for one am glad they are not outspoken Trump fans (or phony, extremely religious etc.). I just couldn't say it would not matter one bit. It would matter one bit to me.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 01:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Eh, you need to get past that, brother.  The dude entertains you by throwing a ball.  Unless he's a closet pedophile or something equally heinous what he thinks in his private life shouldn't even be on any fan's radar.

I don't really care either as long as he's keeping his mind on his job and worrying about who's next on the list to beat. 

It's not like he's in Hollywood where he's trying to sway people with his views
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 01:20 PM)CJD Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if Burrow had some conservative sympathies. He was born in Iowa, raised in Nebraska, North Dakota and Ohio, and went to school in Ohio and Louisiana. He probably has friends who are trump supporters, including the Bosas, who he met at OSU.

That's all the proof I need.

This guy should be banned from the NFL,

or at least from playing on an AFC North team. 

Same for Chase and Higgins, since they are known to associate with him.
Reply/Quote