Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Burrow - week 4 QB School

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Burrow being hurt is one thing, but how bad the O-line and RB's are at pass protection is so frustrating.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 08:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Burrow being hurt is one thing, but how bad the O-line and RB's are at pass protection is so frustrating.

Yup

4th game of the season and the Oline is still playing like it's first day of camp??? WTF
Reply/Quote
Looked like a lot of missed assignments and blocks.
Reply/Quote
I love this video. Thanks for posting. 

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 08:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

4th game of the season and the Oline is still playing like it's first day of camp??? WTF

Or maybe they just suck  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 09:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Or maybe they just suck  Ninja

Well, there is that possibility. 

Reply/Quote
I usually enjoy JT’s breakdowns, but you'd have to be a real masochist to watch this one.

Reply/Quote
This is one of my favorite channels on YouTube. The amount of insight he is able to give is incredible. Not a lot of good going on. There are a handful of plays he says that he flat out dislikes/doesn't understand the execution of, whether it is route combos or blocking. Then there are plays where the receiver is potentially making a mistake, and plays where Burrow just isn't able to get it done.

I just never would have imagined Cincinnati would look so awful this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 10:21 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: This is one of my favorite channels on YouTube. The amount of insight he is able to give is incredible. Not a lot of good going on. There are a handful of plays he says that he flat out dislikes/doesn't understand the execution of, whether it is route combos or blocking. Then there are plays where the receiver is potentially making a mistake, and plays where Burrow just isn't able to get it done.

My favorite quote about half way through JT repeats a couple times. "What are the backs doing. What is the concept."
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 08:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Burrow being hurt is one thing, but how bad the O-line and RB's are at pass protection is so frustrating.

I gave the OL some grace because of the Burrow injury and his inability to move...but my God does the tape not lie. On some of these normal plays and blitz pickups these offensive lineman have NO CLUE what they are doing or who they should be blocking. It's a ***** mess. The lack of preperation falls directly on Pollack. 

At some point one of these free rushers is going to seriously hurt Burrow. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 10:48 AM)Synric Wrote: My favorite quote about half way through JT repeats a couple times. "What are the backs doing. What is the concept."

The one where Mixon blocks right and then backpedals left as a checkdown? That can't be the way it is drawn up. My guess is Mixon is trying to improvise because otherwise, what in the world is that?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 10:21 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: This is one of my favorite channels on YouTube. The amount of insight he is able to give is incredible. Not a lot of good going on. There are a handful of plays he says that he flat out dislikes/doesn't understand the execution of, whether it is route combos or blocking. Then there are plays where the receiver is potentially making a mistake, and plays where Burrow just isn't able to get it done.

If you like his channel, check out Kyle Kaskys youtube channel. Ex Bengals RB coach, He does film review every week of the Bengals and its even more in depth than this. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 09:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Or maybe they just suck  Ninja

The team has turned over 4 of 5 OL in the past couple of years in an attempt to improve the quality of blocking.  The players have changed, but the blown assignments and lack of communication still remains a crippling issue to deal with.  The one constant throughout this process?  Frank Pollack.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

It's almost like they aren't even taking these games seriously...like they were just going to have everything handed to them this year.

We hear about "the culture" all the time, well...the culture kind of sucks this year. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 09:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I usually enjoy JT’s breakdowns, but you'd have to be a real masochist to watch this one.

It's like my grandma always said...When nipple clamps aren't enough, be a Bengals fan.  
Reply/Quote
This made me wanna let off on Burrow a good amount.

Who could overcome this with an injured leg?

Poor play calling, blocking and situational football.

JT was perplexed. I watch all his Burrow and Shaduer tapes and he’s never been this mad
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 10:55 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: The one where Mixon blocks right and then backpedals left as a checkdown? That can't be the way it is drawn up. My guess is Mixon is trying to improvise because otherwise, what in the world is that?

Well i think he had a nice one of those against the Rams where he was on block assignment and saw it was blocked up and Burrow needed a checkdown so he ran a route.

It’s very interesting i wonder if Mixon has historically done that a lot and if some of these pressures are because Mixon thought it was blocked well and ran a route

No way a NFL coach would let that happen over a span of years tho……right?
-Housh
Reply/Quote

If only there was a Coach or something that specialized on the OL to teach said pass protection lol...

hes no longer on the injury list so i guess hes 100%

But lets hope it improves soon as burrow is making the wrong type of history this season

"He is 32nd in completion percentage (57.6) and is averaging 4.8 yards per attempt, the lowest in NFL history for a quarterback with at least 150 attempts through four games. Burrow has two touchdowns and two interceptions."
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 10:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The team has turned over 4 of 5 OL in the past couple of years in an attempt to improve the quality of blocking.  The players have changed, but the blown assignments and lack of communication still remains a crippling issue to deal with.  The one constant throughout this process?  Frank Pollack.

That's why I put the ninja lol

For one reason or another, none of these guys are doing above average in blocking and in some/many cases they're actually doing poorly, and at this point they're about all Pollack's guys.
If you wanna run an offense with big dudes, the scheme needs to be catered to their strengths and mask their weaknesses.

Turner only lasted two seasons before the Bengals parted way.
Pollack is now in his 3rd season with Taylor, 4th with the Bengals in total.
This could (or should) be his make or break year to get the OL on course.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote