Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Burrow - week 4 QB School
(10-05-2023, 10:56 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If you like his channel, check out Kyle Kaskys youtube channel. Ex Bengals RB coach, He does film review every week of the Bengals and its even more in depth than this. 

Yes, I watched that one after TN as well. Great breakdown. Mixon and Williams absolutely left Brown in a bad situation twice.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good video dude always nails it.

Meanwhile Bengals fans are looking like crackheads fiending for a touchdown from the offense.

We got so many issues.
Hurt QB that will not sit even if it's killing his teammates stats Chase is on pace to be under 1k yards not to even mention Tee and Boyd.
O-line looks a little better running the ball this year, but they look bad pass protecting which is the only thing our coach and QB want to do.
Coach has too many issues to list. Preparing his team, getting his team on same page to execute plays, letting his QB decide his fate and not making the hard choice you cannot always be a friend to players some time you got to be the bad guy just like a parent. On and on till the break of dawn...

Whenever Burrow gets healthy this year or next year whenever that might be we can start working on the other issues I guess we cannot point the finger at anyone with the way he is playing.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 11:40 AM)ochocincos Wrote: That's why I put the ninja lol

For one reason or another, none of these guys are doing above average in blocking and in some/many cases they're actually doing poorly, and at this point they're about all Pollack's guys.
If you wanna run an offense with big dudes, the scheme needs to be catered to their strengths and mask their weaknesses.

Turner only lasted two seasons before the Bengals parted way.
Pollack is now in his 3rd season with Taylor, 4th with the Bengals in total.
This could (or should) be his make or break year to get the OL on course.

The team has reached outside of the organization two years in a row, bringing in quality talent, only to see them not play up to the level they had established with previous teams.  One thing that is frustrating as a fan is to see, or at least think you see what the problem is, and be completely powerless to do anything about it but watch and hope.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 08:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Burrow being hurt is one thing, but how bad the O-line and RB's are at pass protection is so frustrating.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-9N7jtPXmpM0w_-DO42n...5N2egiA5Zg]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 10:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The team has turned over 4 of 5 OL in the past couple of years in an attempt to improve the quality of blocking.  The players have changed, but the blown assignments and lack of communication still remains a crippling issue to deal with.  The one constant throughout this process?  Frank Pollack.

Yes sir Sunset. This was the year to judge Pollack and he is clearly failing at getting his guys ready and it isn't from lack of talent for once
or entirely new OL players. Frank Pollack is the constant and we need to add a competent OL coach in the Offseason to help out Burrow 
and our Offense. I was a defender of Pollack until this season where I expected to see a big jump and it hasn't happened at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 06:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir Sunset. This was the year to judge Pollack and he is clearly failing at getting his guys ready and it isn't from lack of talent for once
or entirely new OL players. Frank Pollack is the constant and we need to add a competent OL coach in the Offseason to help out Burrow 
and our Offense. I was a defender of Pollack until this season where I expected to see a big jump and it hasn't happened at all.

Sad to say that I thought that he would pull it together, as well.  However from watching all of the clearly blown assignments due to obvious lack of communication, and the inability to work as a precision unit in executing run blocks clearly shows that he's not getting the message through to the players.  I mean to my way of thinking OL coaches live by the motto of "Orchestrated blocking is my life".  Seems like he needs to up his own game or move on.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 10:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The team has turned over 4 of 5 OL in the past couple of years in an attempt to improve the quality of blocking.  The players have changed, but the blown assignments and lack of communication still remains a crippling issue to deal with.  The one constant throughout this process?  Frank Pollack.

Exactly what I came here to say. I was a huge fan of the Pollack hire and also bringing him back, but the results speak for themselves. I was wrong. Like you said, the Brown family has dumped a ton into the line. We have to start looking at the coach. He needs to go.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 06:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sad to say that I thought that he would pull it together, as well.  However from watching all of the clearly blown assignments due to obvious lack of communication, and the inability to work as a precision unit in executing run blocks clearly shows that he's not getting the message through to the players.  I mean to my way of thinking OL coaches live by the motto of "Orchestrated blocking is my life".  Seems like he needs to up his own game or move on.

It is sad to say. I thought with these players the OL would at least be middle of the pack by this point in the season. They are bottom 5
at this point and this is inexcusable in my honest opinion with these players and no significant injuries besides LC who we sent packing for
some odd reason. This OL and most notably Cordell Volson need to make a giant jump in play for Pollack to stick around IMO.

Even if the vets play better which I expect they will I want to see Volson play WAY better to show that Pollack can actually develop an OL.

(10-06-2023, 04:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly what I came here to say. I was a huge fan of the Pollack hire and also bringing him back, but the results speak for themselves. I was wrong. Like you said, the Brown family has dumped a ton into the line. We have to start looking at the coach. He needs to go.

Agree sadly.
Reply/Quote