Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrows Rookie Year Compares to...<drumroll please>
(12-19-2020, 02:50 PM)TheFan Wrote: It's crazy how many QBs don't know how to slide. Like,  not that they're always fighting for extra yards, but literally don't know how to slide like even the most elementary little league baseball player. 

Wasn't there a decent amount of articles in the previous couple of years talking about people no longer being multi-sport athletes and instead coaches wanting the to focus on 1 sport year round? 

You'd think with all the QB camps, training camps, and other crap they'd be able to teach something so basic, though. If a 4-5-year-old can be taught it, I feel like an NFL player shouldn't take that long to pick it up. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 03:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Wasn't there a decent amount of articles in the previous couple of years talking about people no longer being multi-sport athletes and instead coaches wanting the to focus on 1 sport year round? 

You'd think with all the QB camps, training camps, and other crap they'd be able to teach something so basic, though. If a 4-5-year-old can be taught it, I feel like an NFL player shouldn't take that long to pick it up. Lol

We don't teach kids how to slide in peewee. Most of it is teaching blocking, tackling, how to line up, and just getting used to being hit. Throwing isnt a large part alot more Handoffs, pitches, and QB runs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cool, now i have all the stats i need.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 03:37 PM)Synric Wrote: We don't teach kids how to slide in peewee. Most of it is teaching blocking, tackling, how to line up, and just getting used to being hit. Throwing isnt a large part alot more Handoffs, pitches, and QB runs.

Baseball, Synric, baseball. That's the post I was replying to talking about little league baseball players. If kids can be taught to slide in baseball at age 4-5, why can't highly athletic grown adults be taught it in football?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 03:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Baseball, Synric, baseball. That's the post I was replying to talking about little league baseball players. If kids can be taught to slide in baseball at age 4-5, why can't highly athletic grown adults be taught it in football?

You would think 5 minutes at the end of practice for a week would be more than enough time to learn how to slide properly. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2020, 05:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: Is it that we don't have the line to execute (we don't). Or is the bigger issue we aren't in a division where a finesse offense like that will work against our "rivals". That's my fear. We have to be competitive in our physical division first an foremost.

Things are changing. We get lambasted for throwing too much, but just last week, Pig Pen slung the pill close to 60 times. The Browns are passing a bit, Baltimore runs quite a bit.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 05:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: Things are changing. We get lambasted for throwing too much, but just last week, Pig Pen slung the pill close to 60 times. The Browns are passing a bit, Baltimore runs quite a bit.

Those teams invested in their offensive line. A lot of it depends on personnel. Cleveland has the 3rd lowest passing attempts in the NFL. They're clearly a running team. Maybe a game here and there they pass...which is what good offensive coordinators do. They attack an opponents weaknesses. The Steelers average about the 10th most a game.

Our stats are skewed now with the Brandon Allen games.

But, yes...the average completion percentage has went way up in the NFL and points in general are up by a few a game.

The Browns have 2,137 rushing yards on the season. The Bengals? 1200 which is next to last. The Steelers actually have less rushing yards than us.
Reply/Quote