Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrows stats are actually crazy
Dude has 821 yards so far and 5 touchdowns with a trash o-line. Unreal
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 07:59 PM)Trademark Wrote: Dude has 821 yards so far and 5 touchdowns with a trash o-line. Unreal

Well, he has the second most passing attempts in the league so far. I think it reflects poorly on the offensive line that he ONLY has 821 yards. He’s ranked 33 out of 33 qualifying passers on yards per completion...he just doesn’t have time to get it down the field.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 08:10 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Well, he has the second most passing attempts in the league so far. I think it reflects poorly on the offensive line that he ONLY has 821 yards. He’s ranked 33 out of 33 qualifying passers on yards per completion...he just doesn’t have time to get it down the field.

To your point he is 1-16 on passes 20 yards or more down field . We desperately need the deep pass to connect.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 07:59 PM)Trademark Wrote: Dude has 821 yards so far and 5 touchdowns with a trash o-line. Unreal

His stats are, to a degree, BECAUSE of the bad line.  We can't run block, so everything has to be through the air.
Reply/Quote
And only one interception, a fact which defies the history of rookie QB's.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 08:59 PM)J24 Wrote: To your point he is 1-16 on passes 20 yards or more down field . We desperately need the deep pass to connect.

He keeps getting closer and closer on those downfield throws.  He will start hitting them and that one thing alone could change everything.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
most completions through first 3 games in nfl history
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 08:59 PM)J24 Wrote: To your point he is 1-16 on passes 20 yards or more down field . We desperately need the deep pass to connect.

Amazing how the local board QB experts aren't blaming the QB for this stat when for years it was constantly blamed on the QB. I thought for sure when the Bengals upgraded the QB position things would all change but this just looks like more of the same. It's almost as if QB wasn't the problem holding this team back.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 09:12 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Amazing how the local board QB experts aren't blaming the QB for this stat when for years it was constantly blamed on the QB. I thought for sure when the Bengals upgraded the QB position things would all change but this just looks like more of the same. It's almost as if QB wasn't the problem holding this team back.

1. Dude is three games in. Last two QBs had 4 games before the season started to play.

2. He has improved each game significantly.

3. If you can't watch Burrow and easily see how much higher his ceiling and floor is compared to Dalton, then you don't want to see. 

4. No normal person thought QB was the only problem. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 09:12 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Amazing how the local board QB experts aren't blaming the QB for this stat when for years it was constantly blamed on the QB. I thought for sure when the Bengals upgraded the QB position things would all change but this just looks like more of the same. It's almost as if QB wasn't the problem holding this team back.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 10:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Now i know why i couldn't reply to your post. lol

To answer your question, when the butthurt is the driving force; forever. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
His stats are far from "amazing", but they are very good considering he had never taken a single snap against an opposing NFL defense before openeing day and he has such poor blocking.

His yards per attempt and completion are pretty low.  His td percentage is nothing special.  he has taken way more sacks than he should have.  

But I will call his low interception percentage "amazing" considering he isa rookie with poor blocking.

MOST IMPORTANT THING is that he seems to be getting better every game
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 09:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: His stats are, to a degree, BECAUSE of the bad line.  We can't run block, so everything has to be through the air.

I disagree with this statement.  They are actually better at run blocking than pass blocking.  I think with Redmond the rushing attack could at least have a solid day Sunday.  They have CHOSEN to throw it so many times and abandon the run so quickly every time.  
Reply/Quote

Yes.. the one big thing missing in his arsenal is completing passes down the field.. i really believe we finally connect on a couple it will open up the field.. i think Sunday's game we will
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 12:41 AM)McC Wrote: He keeps getting closer and closer on those downfield throws.  He will start hitting them and that one thing alone could change everything.

The receivers have to match the speed he saw at LSU.  You would think that would be a layup, but right now, Green is showing an 18 MPH top speed in routes when he ran 20.9 before.  Ross ran faster, but can't seem to find the ball.  I hope we see Tate and Higgins raise the bar and bring out AJ's somewhat elusive competitive streak.  
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 09:43 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: 1. Dude is three games in. Last two QBs had 4 games before the season started to play.

2. He has improved each game significantly.

3. If you can't watch Burrow and easily see how much higher his ceiling and floor is compared to Dalton, then you don't want to see. 

4. No normal person thought QB was the only problem. 

1. I'm not criticizing the QB . . . just laughing at the hypocrisy of certain board members. 

2. Not denying any of that.

3. I stated in my post that they upgraded the QB position unless you didn't want to see that.

4. I wasn't talking about normal people. Only the overly emotional ones.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
This very well could be the last weekend of football thanks to punk-@$$ covid Whatever let’s hope Joe puts on a show against Jacksonville to give us real hope for next season. Let’s hope for 5 tds, all of which are 40 yards+
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 01:21 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: This very well could be the last weekend of football thanks to punk-@$$ covid Whatever let’s hope Joe puts on a show against Jacksonville to give us real hope for next season. Let’s hope for 5 tds, all of which are 40 yards+

If they are going to shut down due to Convid do you think they will consider 4 games a full season or will they extend contracts?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I just want to know how the draft is going to work when the season in inevitably shutdown.

You know the league wants Lawrence in a big market like NY. If it’s done by a lottery I guarantee we aren’t getting the top pick.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 10:08 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Now i know why i couldn't reply to your post. lol

To answer your question, when the butthurt is the driving force; forever. 

I didn't get to see his question.

***butthurt rfaulk?***

please. Just asking for some consistency from the guys that appeared to comment as if everything was Dalton's fault when it clearly wasn't.

I wanted to trade down a couple of times, grab some O-line (for Mixon, not Dalton) while also building up draft capital for 2021. We potentially have an all-time QB . . . with no one to protect him including our supposed stud LT. Everyone on this board is praying that he can survive the next season or two before they finally have a team worth a crap. I've stated before that #1 QBs going to a shit team don't do very well. If you think I wanted to pass on Burrow with the above trade proposal as some form of loyalty to Dalton instead of improving a team to THEN hand off to a young QB . . . then I don't know what to say. Remember, the Chiefs made the playoffs with a stiff like Alex Smith and then Patrick Mahomes walked onto a playoff team after sitting for a year, learning what to do and what not to do. That's more of the model of what I was looking for.

But hey, we have a good QB to root for . . . now if he can only stay healthy for a couple of seasons before they have a team around him. Maybe he won't get Luck'd or Palmer'd before the team gets good.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote