Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butkus & Outland possible Bengals Picks
With Simmons and Brooks gone, 2 others who were up for Butkus Award still there at Linebacker. Wisconson Zack Baun and Cal's Evan Weaver.

As for Blockers, the Outland Trophy candidate left is Clemson Guard John Simpson

Bengals need help at LB and O Line and you have to play your butt off to get nominated for these and some have already been drafted in Round 1. These 3 are left after Round 1.

After some sleep, looked at this more. BAUN would be a good SAM LB pick in 2 before Rams, Seahawks or Packers grab him as their sites show.

The guard Simpson would be a good pick after 2, maybe even in 3. Both were Senior Bowl stars and before Covid ZAC and STAFF were all over the Senior Bowl Week.

Farther back is Weaver who may be a good pick around 5

Bengals need Blocking and LB Tackling and Baun and Simpson bring that to Cincy.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 04:23 AM)kevin Wrote: With Simmons and Brooks gone, 2 others who were up for Butkus Award still there at Linebacker.  Wisconson Zack Baun and Cal's Evan Weaver.  

As for Blockers, the Outland Trophy candidate left is Clemson Guard John Simpson

Bengals need help at LB and O Line and you have to play your butt off to get nominated for these and some have already been drafted in Round 1.  These 3 are left after Round 1.

Only Baun is rated near pick #33 overall.

Simpson is 3rd or 4th round rated and Weaver isn't even ranked in Gil Brandt or Daniel Jeremiah's Top 150 picks.
So, I'll be anxious to see where he goes.
I'd love for the Bengals to take a late pick for Weaver though.
Reply/Quote
Not sure why we aren’t looking at gross-matos. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 My guess would be that Edge/OLB isn't a point of need. It may need upgrading, sure. But after spending 150 million on defense, there are only so many picks to upgrade some offense positions...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 04:41 AM)Kaiden.Gower Wrote: Not sure why we aren’t looking at gross-matos. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched more tape on him. I'm sure the Bengals have studied the remaining pass rushers left at the top of the 2nd in Matos, Epenesa, Baun and Davidson.

All four players show promise, but I don't think any of them just jump off the charts when you watch them for several games against good competition.

If I had to pick just purely what I think the Bengals are looking for to match Joe Burrow's fire and personality, Marlon Davidson would be my pick out of them because he plays with some DAWG in him! He's definitely the alpha male, and plays with a lot of fire and just downright meanness! That's why a lot of analysts had Davidson going to Baltimore in the 1st round. No one would've been shocked at that pick for them.

So, I'll be anxious to see how the Bengals approach this and either go Defense or Offense at #33. I think they trade down either way first before making their pick. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:42 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I just watched more tape on him. I'm sure the Bengals have studied the remaining pass rushers left at the top of the 2nd in Matos, Epenesa, Baun and Davidson.

All four players show promise, but I don't think any of them just jump off the charts when you watch them for several games against good competition.

If I had to pick just purely what I think the Bengals are looking for to match Joe Burrow's fire and personality, Marlon Davidson would be my pick out of them because he plays with some DAWG in him! He's definitely the alpha male, and plays with a lot of fire and just downright meanness! That's why a lot of analysts had Davidson going to Baltimore in the 1st round. No one would've been shocked at that pick for them.

So, I'll be anxious to see how the Bengals approach this and either go Defense or Offense at #33. I think they trade down either way first before making their pick. ThumbsUp

Playing with fire..go back and watch Baun against OSU. That is a dog of a pitbull playing....regardless if dont pick him, it is a consensus that Baun has dog in him...
Reply/Quote
Josh Jones is a top 15 talent. He should be the pick
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:00 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Josh Jones is a top 15  talent. He should be the pick

Really mixed grades on Jones that is why I believe with all the tackles taken in the 1st round he was not one of them.. Some believe he is not NFL ready to start Day One.. also he has been a left tackle.. I really don;t want to move Williams.. Williams on paper and performance is a better left tackle.. I want him protecting our blindside.. 

I just feel we can trade back.. get more picks in early rounds 2/3/4 range.. myself i rather go for Matt Peart, OT, Connecticut as either later in 2nd with trade back or maybe he will be there in 3rd.. He is a true right tackle and can compete with Hart... 
Reply/Quote