Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butler County Ohio Man Killed over politics
(11-09-2022, 04:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Maybe we need to start testing the water and soil out there in Butler county. Something may be damaging the collective IQ.

https://www.fox19.com/2022/11/09/butler-county-auditor-re-elected-despite-corruption-charges/

I really don't get it with Republican voters. Party over country 100%.

It’s the drugs bro

Worked as a mental health social worker in Butler county and the drugs and mental health issues are insanely prevalent there.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 11:16 PM)Housh Wrote: It’s the drugs bro

Worked as a mental health social worker in Butler county and the drugs and mental health issues are insanely prevalent there.

Well, we're dancin' with danger until people see providing preventative mental health services to people as an investment in public safety rather than a plot to turn this country communist.  I won't hold my breath, though.  Seeing Greg Abbot declare that shootings are due to mental illness while being applauded and rewarded for cutting mental health funding has me skeptical we are ever going to "get it."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 11:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, we're dancin' with danger until people see providing preventative mental health services to people as an investment in public safety rather than a plot to turn this country communist.  I won't hold my breath, though.  Seeing Greg Abbot declare that shootings are due to mental illness while being applauded and rewarded for cutting mental health funding has me skeptical we are ever going to "get it."

Crazy because Butler county gets a boatload of money for mental health and drug addiction services. But it’s still overwhelming how many ppl need these services. For every 1 person in treatment I’d put money 5 more need to be in treatment. It’s sad really because a lot of chronic offenders are just mentally I’ll and have no one to help them.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 11:16 PM)Housh Wrote: It’s the drugs bro

Do some drugs and consume enough right wing propaganda and you might just kill a “democrat”. Life in hard core Republican butler county in 2022.

A voter base I have a really hard time comprehending.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 05:47 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Do some drugs and consume enough right wing propaganda and you might just kill a “democrat”. Life in hard core Republican butler county in 2022.

Drugs get a bad rap in this sense.  The human brain produces its own addictive chemicals, and those are the ones responsible for this political insnaity. 

Look at Mike Lindell, he's the perfect example.  He admits in his life he put all his money into crack, a void that will never be satiated.  His family avoided him, his life was insane chaos, and he got into legal trouble but all he could think about was crack.

Then he reformed and got rich and then he got hooked on MAGA (and prosperity what's in it for me Christianity, but that's another topic).  He's putting all his money into this stuff, his family avoids him, he's on TV ranting and raving about crazy stuff, and he's facing legal and financial ruin because of it. Different drug, same results, same process of throwing everything away in an attempt to satisfy something that will never be satisfied and will ruin you to the point where your final dying thought will be about it.

MAGA isn't a drug, nor were the violent 1/6 folks nor the violent BLM folks spurred on chiefly by drugs.  Mass shooters, too...drugs?  I mean, not technically, but these people are hooked on getting their brains to flood them with the feeling of being right, fighting back, and so on and so forth.  Our society is programming people to become addicted to their own ego satiation.  I could get high on crack, or I could get high watching liberal heads explode when the student loan forgiveness is quashed.

God help me, I think I just concluded in a way that the TV has turned us all into zombies.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 05:47 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Do some drugs and consume enough right wing propaganda and you might just kill a “democrat”. Life in hard core Republican butler county in 2022.

something tells me you never really tried. lots of folks on the left just hate conservatives. thats all they comprehend. they dont make no real effort to understand them or try to find common grounds. yes there is folks on the right like that to. they just hate the left cause theyr on the left.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 04:09 PM)Leon Wrote: something tells me you never really tried. lots of folks on the left just hate conservatives. thats all they comprehend. they dont make no real effort to understand them or try to find common grounds. yes there is folks on the right like that to. they just hate the left cause theyr on the left.

Yes, because it becomes so easy and tolerant to try and comprehend people who shoot others simply over a political affiliation Rolleyes

Americans are ******, the only nation on the planet where people are this way.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 04:09 PM)Leon Wrote: something tells me you never really tried. lots of folks on the left just hate conservatives. thats all they comprehend. they dont make no real effort to understand them or try to find common grounds. yes there is folks on the right like that to. they just hate the left cause theyr on the left.

We can always find individuals on each side that hate the other side for a variety of reasons. And there is a serious lack of empathy going around on all sides.
But only one side has made it a mission to destroy the other side and that is the right? The left wants conservatism to go away. But the right wants liberals to go away. The people not the politics. The constant barrage of hate coming from right wing media drives itself into the brains of vulnerable or susceptible people. They aren’t being told your neighbor disagrees with you. They are being told that their neighbors are unAmerican, that they are the enemy, they are not Christian, that they are taking away YOUR country. They are being told that people who disagree with you politically don’t deserve to be here. They are told it’s their job to “own the libs”. The rhetoric is dangerous and must stop. It is ok to disagree. And frankly it is ok not to understand where the other side is coming from. I will freely admit I have never seen the attraction of Donald Trump and will never understand why anyone still supports him. But that doesn’t mean I hate that person who does so.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Things have gotten a lot crazier between the parties and the rhetoric has gotten more extreme and violent.  I've been a voting adult since 2000 and I was around democrats when Gore and Kerry lost to Bush and I was around republicans when Obama beat McCain and Romney (yes, it worked out that way and I never realized how odd that is).  Let me sum up the feelings I experienced.

2000 Bush beats Gore
D's - Of course the dumbass south votes for that dumbass
R's - We've had enough of the Clinton administration

2004 Bush beats Kerry
D's - Typical dumbass war-loving uneducated USA loves their dumbass warhawk from Texaaaas
R's - Can't change horses midstream.  Support the troops!

2008 Obama beats McCain
D's - Thank god Palin isn't a heartbeat away from the white house
R's - Dumbass liberals voting with their hearts and not their brains duped by the media did this

2012 Obama beats Romney
D's - Four more years!
R's - Dumbass liberals voting with their hearts and not their brains duped by the media did this, again

2016 Trump beats Hillary
D's - I can't believe Trump won, we're screwed, he's nuts, how did we come to this?
R's - F**** YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

2012 Biden beats Trump
D's - Dear god that was close, I'm so releived.
R's - TRUMP WON!!!!!  RIGGED!!!!

Of course I'm editorializing a bit, but I've watched the response to losing an election go from the usual "The other side is morons and misinformed" to "This is an abomination, the other side is cheating and is evil and we need to crush them."  Stuff has been taken up to 11 and the toothpaste may go back in the tube, but americans are going to have to stop being so hooked on the anger and fear.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 01:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Things have gotten a lot crazier between the parties and the rhetoric has gotten more extreme and violent.  I've been a voting adult since 2000 and I was around democrats when Gore and Kerry lost to Bush and I was around republicans when Obama beat McCain and Romney (yes, it worked out that way and I never realized how odd that is).  Let me sum up the feelings I experienced.

2000 Bush beats Gore
D's - Of course the dumbass south votes for that dumbass
R's - We've had enough of the Clinton administration

2004 Bush beats Kerry
D's - Typical dumbass war-loving uneducated USA loves their dumbass warhawk from Texaaaas
R's - Can't change horses midstream.  Support the troops!

2008 Obama beats McCain
D's - Thank god Palin isn't a heartbeat away from the white house
R's - Dumbass liberals voting with their hearts and not their brains duped by the media did this

2012 Obama beats Romney
D's - Four more years!
R's - Dumbass liberals voting with their hearts and not their brains duped by the media did this, again

2016 Trump beats Hillary
D's - I can't believe Trump won, we're screwed, he's nuts, how did we come to this?

2012 Biden beats Trump

Of course I'm editorializing a bit, but I've watched the response to losing an election go from the usual "The other side is morons and misinformed" to "This is an abomination, the other side is cheating and is evil and we need to crush them."  Stuff has been taken up to 11 and the toothpaste may go back in the tube, but americans are going to have to stop being so hooked on the anger and fear.

I straight up forgot that Romney ran for president.  I hate to google it and double check.  
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 01:17 AM)samhain Wrote: I straight up forgot that Romney ran for president.  I hate to google it and double check.  

I'm still 87% sure that John Kerry had just dyed his hair and switched sides so he could run a second time. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 01:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm still 87% sure that John Kerry had just dyed his hair and switched sides so he could run a second time. 

Yeah, two very uninspiring candidates.  Both are still infinitely more inspiring than Joe Biden, but neither had the opportunity to run against complete psychopaths.  
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 01:27 AM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, two very uninspiring candidates.  Both are still infinitely more inspiring than Joe Biden, but neither had the opportunity to run against complete psychopaths.  

Well, for the most part running against an incumbent is a bit of a waste of time.  Now with Trump and Biden (possibly), running against an incumbent seems like a grand time to give it your best shot and unseat them. We are on a streak of vulnerable presidents, it seems.

If 2020 were won by a popular and younger democrat I'd expect DeSantis to declare that he's too focused on governing Florida to run for president at the moment.  It takes some specific circumstances for a president to become a 1 termer.  Biden doesn't meet as many criteria as Truman, Carter, and Trump (nor did George HW Bush), but he'd still be wise to hand things off for 2024.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 01:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, for the most part running against an incumbent is a bit of a waste of time.  Now with Trump and Biden (possibly), running against an incumbent seems like a grand time to give it your best shot and unseat them.  We are on a streak of vulnerable presidents, it seems.

If 2020 were won by a popular and younger democrat I'd expect DeSantis to declare that he's too focused on governing Florida to run for president at the moment.  It takes some specific circumstances for a president to become a 1 termer.  Biden doesn't meet as many criteria as Truman, Carter, and Trump (nor did George HW Bush), but he'd still be wise to hand things off for 2024.

I still remember how disappointed I was when Obama picked Biden to be his VP.  He was a liability when he spoke and prone to screwing things up. He was also highly entrenched in the old guard that Obama was allegedly trying to change.  14 years later, Biden may have been the only reason anything got done in that administration.  Obama wanted to lecture like the professor he was but had little interest in negotiating with his rivals.  Biden had the experience and ties in the legislative branch to avoid some of the damage that came with that.  

The problem with everything goes to one of your points.  There just aren't enough young, viable candidates to displace the 80 year olds.  It's a bad situation IMO.  DeSantis could likely do it, but he's got a unique problem in his way in dealing with his base, which happens to also be the base of his soon-to-be main rival.  

Politics screws with people's heads when they get in power, and Trump already had some things loose before he got into it.  At the end of the day, even ancient leaders who have accomplished a great deal have trouble letting go in some cases.  Ruth Ginsburg is the big one for me.  If she steps down and lets Obama appoint a replacement as he requested, Roe may still be in place and the majority is much less lopsided.  She just couldn't bear to give up the power, even in a dire health circumstance.  Trump is the same, and Biden and Pelosi may be as well.  Throw McConnell in that group, too.  Even if replacement is good for the health of a party, it rarely takes precedence over ego and personal power and parties suffer for it.  
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 12:14 PM)samhain Wrote: The problem with everything goes to one of your points.  There just aren't enough young, viable candidates to displace the 80 year olds.  It's a bad situation IMO.  DeSantis could likely do it, but he's got a unique problem in his way in dealing with his base, which happens to also be the base of his soon-to-be main rival.  

I think the 2022 midterms have brought some interesting democrats to prominence on the national stage.  Mark Kelly in AZ and Josh Shapiro in PA could/should have some national relevance and they are currently 58 and 49 respectively.  So there are some options just off the top of my head.  
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 01:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Things have gotten a lot crazier between the parties and the rhetoric has gotten more extreme and violent.  I've been a voting adult since 2000 and I was around democrats when Gore and Kerry lost to Bush and I was around republicans when Obama beat McCain and Romney (yes, it worked out that way and I never realized how odd that is).  Let me sum up the feelings I experienced.

2016 Trump beats Hillary

2012 Biden beats Trump

Of course I'm editorializing a bit, but I've watched the response to losing an election go from the usual "The other side is morons and misinformed" to "This is an abomination, the other side is cheating and is evil and we need to crush them."  Stuff has been taken up to 11 and the toothpaste may go back in the tube, but americans are going to have to stop being so hooked on the anger and fear

I’ve seen a lot of people saying that Trump is doing nothing more than Hillary did in 2016 in questioning the results. Hillary and her supporters questioned the build up towards the election. What was going on behind the scenes to manipulate people into voting one way over the other or not voting at all. She and they never ever questioned the actual vote totals nor the actual election process. Trump attacked the votes themselves
(11-13-2022, 11:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think the 2022 midterms have brought some interesting democrats to prominence on the national stage.  Mark Kelly in AZ and Josh Shapiro in PA could/should have some national relevance and they are currently 58 and 49 respectively.  So there are some options just off the top of my head.  

He may have lost but that had more to do with the Ohio electorate than his candidacy, but Tim Ryan also raised his profile in a positive manner. I could easily see him as a VP candidate in the future. It will be interesting to see how he spends the next 2 years.

Gretchen Whitmer also is seeing some positive press after her victory in Michigan. It didn’t look so rosy for her in 2020.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 12:14 PM)pally Wrote: Anthony King of Okeana, Ohio was murdered by his neighbor.  His neighbor, Austin Combs has been charged with the killing.  Combs has confronted King several times over his presumed Democrat beliefs.  I'll bet all my lottery winnings (where are those numbers!?) that conservative media will never report on this

https://www.journal-news.com/news/man-charged-with-murder-in-shooting-death-of-neighbor-outside-butler-county-home/XALOERKDY5C5DEPAGRIWIJUBLY/?fbclid=IwAR1MjQ_Wf6t7RerCRT5h3vd_TZzqPtSG8izn5_4hwkON9aKK3l4ADYpr2l8

People are dumb on both sides of the political fence and the Media is going all ALL or Nothing on both sides... It will likely get worse
Reply/Quote

Nothing like Moving the Left to MOB like destruction too.
Reply/Quote

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 11:35 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes no yard signs ever.  For a variety of reasons.  

I don't understand people who put up yard signs. Why do you want everyone walking to know your political beliefs?

I had a new furnace put in back in 2020 and the installer said "And would you agree to put a yard sign up showing your appreciation today?" or something like that. I thought it was really weird because, while I've seen other companies put up yard signs like "this company did my landscaping" or "this company did my roofing," those yard signs are generally for companies that do work on the outside of your house and thus are an advertisement if someone walking by likes your landscaping or whatever. That doesn't apply to a furnace. But I just decided it wasn't worth denying him and I could just remove it once he left.

This ***** guy put a "We support our troops" sign in my yard.

I have no real problem with the troops. It's not like I wish them ill will or anything. The vast majority of them are just people trying to get an education and living for them and their families. But I have absolutely no interest in having a yard sign that proudly states I support them. That language has been heavily co-opted by the right, so I just took it down immediately because I didn't want my neighbors thinking I was a conservative haha.
Reply/Quote