Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
By Sunday Night we need....
to find some competent O-Line depth and a Veteran LB'er both areas are 2 weaknesses going into the season.

Whether we trade a late round pick (highly unlikely) or find some guys on the scrap pile these 2 areas still need addressed.

If we go into the season status quo at these 2 positions its going to be a long season and 6 wins may be a lofty goal.

I did not see anything this pre season where our defense will stop anyone.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 08:59 AM)corpjet Wrote: to find some competent O-Line depth and a Veteran LB'er both areas are 2 weaknesses going into the season.

Whether we trade a late round pick (highly unlikely) or find some guys on the scrap pile these 2 areas still need addressed.

If we go into the season status quo at these 2 positions its going to be a long season and 6 wins may be a lofty goal.

Its out there to be had but for some reason were not making these necessary moves.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm not so sure there's going to be a lot to choose from in OT's ? Lets hope
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 09:16 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not so sure there's going to be a lot to choose from in OT's ? Lets hope

Theres at least better quality for depth purposes, and he'll maybe theyll push a guy like Hart out of a job. We just have to pull the trigger. The Browns and Pats did, both got decent depth for a low round pick.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Pipe dreams.

Reply/Quote
There's a chance our Defensive Line will generate a lot of pressure this year. That could save the defense.

Last year, that didn't materialize though.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 09:52 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The Browns and Pats did, both got decent depth for a low round pick.

None of those guys would start for us.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 09:52 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Theres at least better quality for depth purposes, and he'll maybe theyll push a guy like Hart out of a job. We just have to pull the trigger. The Browns and Pats did, both got decent depth for a low round pick.

Hart has improved significantly since last season. Don't act like he is the same player and some scrap heap player can come in push Hart out of a job. Pretty crazy. Hart was even better than Glenn overall last season. Glenn is a cupcake when run blocking, softest giant I have ever seen. Andre Smith is probably better for us at LT, at least in the run blocking department he definitely is.

All for bringing in depth on the O-line and at LB though, that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
Any chance we bring in Brandon Marshall. he was a pro bowler a couple of seasons ago for the Broncos
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 05:00 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Any chance we bring  in Brandon Marshall. he was a pro bowler a couple of seasons ago for the Broncos

Also known as a great cover LB, something we have lacked for years. But, can he still cover? If so, why was he cut?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 05:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Also known as a great cover LB, something we have lacked for years. But, can he still cover? If so, why was he cut?

The Raiders linebackers are almost as bad as our, if they cut him it kind of feels like he may be done. Heck, Burfict hasn’t been cut yet.
Reply/Quote
Miami might be parting ways with Kiko Alonso, certainly wouldn't be a bad add for the LB depth.

Correction, they are parting ways:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-kiko-alonso-20190830-epyfywmi3rdvdasjz6uucqe57i-story.html

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 06:12 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Miami might be parting ways with Kiko Alonso, certainly wouldn't be a bad add for the LB depth.

Correction, they are parting ways:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-kiko-alonso-20190830-epyfywmi3rdvdasjz6uucqe57i-story.html

Alonso is making $6.5 mil this year and is being outplayed by a guy they signed from the CFL.  He might be worth a look on the cheap if he gets cut, but he's not worth a pick or the money.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 08:59 AM)corpjet Wrote: to find some competent O-Line depth and a Veteran LB'er both areas are 2 weaknesses going into the season.

Funny how those were the two weakest areas last season, then also going into free agency, then also going into the draft and now at the end of pre-season, they are still the two weakest areas.

Here we are a week away from the season opener and we are hoping, by some miracle or something, that we'll be able to shore up those two areas from rejects from other teams.

Our front office sure is on the job.  Sarcasm

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 06:23 PM)Whatever Wrote: Alonso is making $6.5 mil this year and is being outplayed by a guy they signed from the CFL.  He might be worth a look on the cheap if he gets cut, but he's not worth a pick or the money.

Wouldn't trade for him and can't imagine many teams would but once he is on the street a one year prove it deal would be worth trying for with him. 

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 05:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Also known as a great cover LB, something we have lacked for years. But, can he still cover? If so, why was he cut?

We supposedly looked at him in the offseason...but he declined A LOT last year. Not a good sign either if you sign somewhere as a free agent and they cut you.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 06:34 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Funny how those were the two weakest areas last season, then also going into free agency, then also going into the draft and now at the end of pre-season, they are still the two weakest areas.

Here we are a week away from the season opener and we are hoping, by some miracle or something, that we'll be able to shore up those two areas from rejects from other teams.

Our front office sure is on the job.  Sarcasm

Stupid front office.  They should have drafted a couple of O-linemen in the first four rounds. Probably even should have used our first round pick on O-line.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 06:38 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wouldn't trade for him and can't imagine many teams would but once he is on the street a one year prove it deal would be worth trying for with him. 

Seems like I've heard this before, but with different names...   Oh yeah, James Harrison, AJ Hawk, and that old dude from Cleveland?

That story never plays out well in Bengaland...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think they'll look for both positions via waiver claims with young cheap talent. Sam Young is an old average at best backup LT, but I'd take him with Glenn having issues.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems like I've heard this before, but with different names...   Oh yeah, James Harrison, AJ Hawk, and that old dude from Cleveland?

That story never plays out well in Bengaland...

True but Kiko is only 29 much younger and less worn down then Harrison, and Hawk

Reply/Quote