Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bye Bye Burfict
He's gonna get the hammer. Calling it now.

There was a hit in the game that brings back too many memories from that infamous wild card game.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:35 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: He's gonna get the hammer. Calling it now.

There was a hit in the game that brings back too many memories from that infamous wild card game.

Brown was a runner at the time, not a defenseless receiver. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I don't know if he'll get suspended, but I wouldn't be surprised by a fine. The hit was unnecessary. Unfortunately, it's who he is though.
Reply/Quote
Good. Screw him. Wanted him traded to Oakland this summer anyway. Most overrated Bengal player (who plays in less than half the possible games) ever Whatever
Reply/Quote
He was a runner and so a shot to the head with your shoulder is legal against a runner for some weird reason.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:42 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Good. Screw him. Wanted him traded to Oakland this summer anyway. Most overrated Bengal player (who plays in less than half the possible games) ever Whatever

Great idea! Let’s have Nick Vigil and a gimpy Preston Brown be our best linebackers...

Reply/Quote
Vigil is hurt.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Great idea! Let’s have Nick Vigil and a gimpy Preston Brown be our best linebackers...

When the Raiders came calling I was hoping Mack was in the discussion... But anyway, the fact is that Burfict is a constant liability. I'm sick of our fans making excuses for him, I'm sick of the team having to rely on him, I'm sick of the Burfict enigma entirely. What good is enabling a guy with an inability to learn from past mistakes? Talent be damned, the man cannot control himself.

Simply put, Burfict cannot be relied on. Therefore, he's useless. And sitting around waiting for Burfict to come back from suspension/injury so our defense can "add some fire" and "get better" is a tired narrative. We look shoddy on defense with and without Burfict, he's not the difference maker many claim him to be. Yes, he is incredibly talented. But we need to move on. Draft, trade, whatever. Let Burfict go and bring someone else in.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:02 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: When the Raiders came calling I was hoping Mack was in the discussion... But anyway, the fact is that Burfict is a constant liability. I'm sick of our fans making excuses for him, I'm sick of the team having to rely on him, I'm sick of the Burfict enigma entirely. What good is enabling a guy with an inability to learn from past mistakes? Talent be damned, the man cannot control himself.

Simply put, Burfict cannot be relied on. Therefore, he's useless. And sitting around waiting for Burfict to come back from suspension/injury so our defense can "add some fire" and "get better" is a tired narrative. We look shoddy on defense with and without Burfict, he's not the difference maker many claim him to be. Yes, he is incredibly talented. But we need to move on. Draft, trade, whatever. Let Burfict go and bring someone else in.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. Our LBs are terrible other than Burfict, and players with both his level of talent and football IQ don’t grow on trees.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’ll have to agree to disagree. Our LBs are terrible other than Burfict, and players with both his level of talent and football IQ don’t grow on trees.

Granted, Burfict is one of the most physically gifted LB's in Bengals history... But sadly his inability to control himself ruins every good thing about him.   
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:12 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Granted, Burfict is one of the most physically gifted LB's in Bengals history... But sadly his inability to control himself ruins every good thing about him.   

He wasn’t flagged once today. You’re inventing reasons to complain.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He wasn’t flagged once today. You’re inventing reasons to complain.

He will likely be fined/suspended for his hit to Brown's head in the coming days. I'm not "inventing" anything.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:14 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: He will likely be fined/suspended for his hit to Brown's head in the coming days. I'm not "inventing" anything.

Brown wasn’t a defenseless receiver on that play. Perfectly legal hit.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:02 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: the Raiders came calling I was hoping Mack was in the discussionWhen... But anyway, the fact is that Burfict is a constant liability. I'm sick of our fans making excuses for him, I'm sick of the team having to rely on him, I'm sick of the Burfict enigma entirely. What good is enabling a guy with an inability to learn from past mistakes? Talent be damned, the man cannot control himself.

LOL LOL LOL 

You honestly think that the Bengals would have even been remotely interested in giving up a cheap but good LB, a high draft pick, AND paying up for the contract that Mack wanted?

If you really believed that, I don't know what to say.   Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:14 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: He will likely be fined/suspended for his hit to Brown's head in the coming days. I'm not "inventing" anything.

Doubt it. If it’s legal, nothing will happen. Guessing we are going to vent this week calling many players. Today, Dre K is the reason for the loss. He quit on 2 plays.

Reply/Quote
Shoulder hit, perfectly clean, nothing to see(if it's the hit that I'm thinking of).

Did you notice all of the unnecessary headlock type of stuff that the other team pulled?  Or how they "blocked" by diving for players's knees?  Or how their mentally ill head coach came and instigated shit after the game?  I understand that they are the golden franchise who are allowed to get away with just about anything(including illegal picks), but c'mon.  It's pretty clear that Burfict did not step over the line, and that the other team was far closer to said line after this game.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:24 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote:  Or how their mentally ill head coach came and instigated shit after the game? 

What was this?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:35 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: He's gonna get the hammer. Calling it now.

Was it necessary? Probably not. Was it legal? I believe so... Will he get suspended for it, probably.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:44 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Was it necessary? Probably not. Was it legal? I believe so... Will he get suspended for it, probably.

Yup. If it were anybody else, probably not. And I think it'll be a fine instead of a suspension. I'm far more concerned about Burfict running out of gas for what appears to be no reason. I've noticed it for a couple of seasons now, and it goes way beyond playing himself into shape. The way he gasps for air makes me afraid he's going to drop dead on the field one of these days. Is he asthmatic or something?
Reply/Quote
I thought he played pretty flat and low energy today. Maybe he needs those PEDs to be the Tez we knew. He lost almost every battle at the LOS.
Reply/Quote