Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bye Bye Burfict
(10-14-2018, 08:51 PM)snowy Wrote: Yup. If it were anybody else, probably not. And I think it'll be a fine instead of a suspension. I'm far more concerned about Burfict running out of gas for what appears to be no reason. I've noticed it for a couple of seasons now, and it goes way beyond playing himself into shape. The way he gasps for air makes me afraid he's going to drop dead on the field one of these days. Is he asthmatic or something?

No, he just has an extremely high motor and wears himself out. It’s what enables him to fly around the field and make big plays, but it takes a toll. He’s not a small man either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm sure the whining Steelers will lobby the league for something, that's part of their game. If the league buys it they should just put every NFL player in a tutu and call this sport done.

I will say that it looked like Burfict once again came back in poor condition and not prepared to play. I'm not sure how much of that could be attributed to the old "you can't get in football shape without playing football" adage. On a lot of plays he looked completely spent, just falling off of tackles, unable to wrap up.

But then the conditioning of the whole defense seemed like a problem in this game. There was a five minute time of possession difference overall, which didn't seem that bad. But the defense was on the field for most of the third quarter - partly because they couldn't get off the field, but partly because of two three and outs by the offense.
Reply/Quote
He hit Brown with his ***** elbow. He hit Bates helmet to helmet. Don't think u can get suspended for hitting your own teammate.
Reply/Quote
Shoulder to shoulder.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:24 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Shoulder hit, perfectly clean, nothing to see(if it's the hit that I'm thinking of).

Did you notice all of the unnecessary headlock type of stuff that the other team pulled?  Or how they "blocked" by diving for players's knees?  Or how their mentally ill head coach came and instigated shit after the game?  I understand that they are the golden franchise who are allowed to get away with just about anything(including illegal picks), but c'mon.  It's pretty clear that Burfict did not step over the line, and that the other team was far closer to said line after this game.

No, he didn't.

Tomlin and Lewis were doing the post game handshake when the scrum broke out.  Tomlin then went into it and was pushing his players away.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No, he didn't.

Tomlin and Lewis were doing the post game handshake when the scrum broke out.  Tomlin then went into it and was pushing his players away.

That's what I thought happened as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:35 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: He's gonna get the hammer. Calling it now.

There was a hit in the game that brings back too many memories from that infamous wild card game.

No.
Reply/Quote
its been been awhile since Vontaze has made a game changing play or a play that made
you go "wow".
in fact he looks like a average lb'er now.
he dropped a very easy INT today. then barely made a effort on Conners 1st TD.
Then failed to wrap up on a catch by McDonald
then Conner put a forearm in his chest on that run up the middle.
rewind the film to 2015 when he he blew up that Browns RB recovered the fumble and scored.
hes not the same LB.
if the heart and soul of your defense is getting punked thats not a good sign.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I think Tez really misses Guenther. He was his LB coach and his DC, and i remember hearing it was a close relationship.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No, he didn't.

Who was in the scrum? First I heard of this. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah it's starting to catch steam. He gone again, and i don't care anymore.

[Image: tumblr_n429xx7uwQ1tq4of6o1_500.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:24 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Shoulder hit, perfectly clean, nothing to see(if it's the hit that I'm thinking of).

Did you notice all of the unnecessary headlock type of stuff that the other team pulled?  Or how they "blocked" by diving for players's knees?  Or how their mentally ill head coach came and instigated shit after the game?  I understand that they are the golden franchise who are allowed to get away with just about anything(including illegal picks), but c'mon.  It's pretty clear that Burfict did not step over the line, and that the other team was far closer to said line after this game.

Yeah....I saw it from their players. Typical lack of class.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I guess y'all missed it when he stopped Conner in the backfield on the goal line stand, and slung him to the turf?

Reply/Quote
Even the guys on NFL radio who gush all over the Steelers said Burfict's hit was legal. In fact, they even told the caller (whiner) that Burfict is not going to get away with ANYTHING on the field due to his reputation.....
Reply/Quote
Of course it was legal... he was trying for shoulder-to-shoulder, and AB went down... right into Burfict's arm.
It's impossible to always perfectly hit a moving target.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:24 AM)Wyche Wrote: I guess y'all missed it when he stopped Conner in the backfield on the goal line stand, and slung him to the turf?

I normally agree with you a lot brother, but Hubbard was the one who stopped Conner and held him up. As Conner started to slip away from Hubbard, Burfict came in and finished the job. Not trying to take away from Burfict on that play, but Hubbard deserves a lot of credit for it too.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 10:24 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I normally agree with you a lot brother, but Hubbard was the one who stopped Conner and held him up. As Conner started to slip away from Hubbard, Burfict came in and finished the job. Not trying to take away from Burfict on that play, but Hubbard deserves a lot of credit for it too.

Yeah, I agree.....but Hubbard didn't wrap up and finish.  Burfict had read it from the EZ, and was right there in the hole.  He probably makes the play at the LOS.  That said, he obviously didn't have his best day out there, but no one really did on D.

Reply/Quote
Look, this will get overblown by the media and Steelers fan. I don't think it's legal because Brown was already wrapped up by 2 players and on his way to the ground. I guess it all depends on how each person interprets the rules.

Burfict comes in, lines Brown up, and hits him in the head with his shoulder and forearm. It was deliberate and intentional. It was unnecessary and in the process he hit his own teammate in the head. Legal, illegal, whatever, it doesn't matter. There was no reason for it. He could've injured his own teammate for a cheap shot on a guy that was already being brought down. This is the stuff Burfict pulls that he needs to clean up.

I get it. I hate the Steelers too. They've gotten away with a lot shit and injured a lot of Bengals. I understand that Burfict gives them a taste of their own medicine. On the flip side, a lot of fans like to say he improves the defense and gives them fire. Then we need his ass on the field. Not making plays like this that could potentially land him in hot water. He may have a high football IQ, but he certainly seems dumb as shit. The guy just doesn't learn.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 10:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I agree.....but Hubbard didn't wrap up and finish.  Burfict had read it from the EZ, and was right there in the hole.  He probably makes the play at the LOS.  That said, he obviously didn't have his best day out there, but no one really did on D.

Like I said, not trying to take away from Vontaze on that play. Like you said, he read the play and got there to finish it off. I like Hubbard a lot too though. I think he's going to be a good one for us. He read that play well too and came from a long way to catch Conner in the backfield. It was a really nice play by the D.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 10:34 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Like I said, not trying to take away from Vontaze on that play. Like you said, he read the play and got there to finish it off. I like Hubbard a lot too though. I think he's going to be a good one for us. He read that play well too and came from a long way to catch Conner in the backfield. It was a really nice play by the D.

Love Hubbard, I didn't mean to imply that I was downplaying what he did on the play.  I agreed with what you said.....and agree here again. :andy:

Reply/Quote