Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye Coach Taylor
(09-13-2020, 08:47 PM)Synric Wrote: The pitches early in the game were bad play designs they wrent just pulling a player to the outside it was pulling 2 and a TE to cut off the front End.

Zac Taylor, Brian Callahan, and Turner tried way to hard... FFS let Joe Micon earn his contract.

The Browns Thursday are going to be a tougher team than the chargers.

Browns are ass.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:47 PM)Synric Wrote: The pitches early in the game were bad play designs they wrent just pulling a player to the outside it was  pulling 2 and a TE to cut off the front End.

Zac Taylor, Brian Callahan, and Turner tried way to hard... FFS let Joe Micon earn his contract.

The Browns Thursday are going to be a tougher team than the chargers.

I don't think that the Browns will be easier than the Chargers. The Chargers have a really good DL. Way better than the Browns. The OL will look much better thus making our whole offense look way better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Randy keep us in the game.. just a bad break.. had made over 40 in a row inside the 40.... 

Yes, he was actually playing well before that last abomination. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Congratulations Zac.  You’re 2-15.

Yeah, but hey this is another one of those "close losses we're gonna start winning" so there is that.
Reply/Quote
Him taking 2 quarters to switch it up and get Hart help is all i needed to see

It takes a good coach 2 drives tops to see that

Dude exposed his lack of NFL experience
Reply/Quote
He has no business calling plays. Just awful playcalling and gameplan, and some of the worst clock management I've ever seen.

The two minute drill to close the half, which not only did we manage to not move the ball at all, somehow allowed them to get a field goal. The lack of urgency or agressivenss is very reminiscent of the approach under Marvin.

The use of timeouts is simply unforgiveable. They actually used the last one on a 3rd and 2, when they already were in FG range, to call a deep pass down the sideline. They wasted another when they were in their goal line defense. You can't be out of timeouts with over 8 minutes to go in a close game.

He had no answers for Burrow getting killed early in the game. You'd think he might lean on the running backs and the tight ends in the pass game for dumps and quick throws. But you'd think wrong. The tight ends were non-existent until late in the game. You'd think they'd lean on Mixon more early on. You'd also think wrong. Despite having a healthy average he only saw 9 carries in the first half.

0 points in the last quarter, even with Burrow finding his groove. 0 passing TD's. Despite Burrow getting hit a ton his calls a running play out of timeout for him. Their most successful approach on offense was Burrow creating plays on the ground. This is not how you want to use your #1 pick. The dude took at least 10 hits today.

All in all, just an awful, awful job by him on the offensive side. Captain Lou actually did ok, especially with the LB corp he's working with and with Atkins being out.

I don't know if Callahan calling plays would be better, because he has no experience either. But he can't be worse.

Zac Taylor is completely in over his head. He has no business taking on dual-roles. Honestly, the job he did today he's among the worst I've ever seen. Not to keep harping on, but the timeout situation is an absolute embarrassment.
Reply/Quote
However ZT impressed the BROWN family in the interview
Isnt showing.up on gameday.
I do not see a innovative offensive mind at all.

I didnt like playcalling toward the end of the 1st
On the 3rd and 2 all or nothing throw to.AJ.
Didnt like the formations that telegraphed the plays
Wasnt crazy about the play call to AJ on the pushoff
Would have rather seen a quick slant to a Ross Boyd or Tate
Reply/Quote
Wasting those timeouts was puzzling

This shows that ZT did not have mastery of his own playbook.
Reply/Quote
Meh it wasn’t all that bad. He did make half adjustments it seems.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He has no business calling plays.  Just awful playcalling and gameplan, and some of the worst clock management I've ever seen.

The two minute drill to close the half, which not only did we manage to not move the ball at all, somehow allowed them to get a field goal.  The lack of urgency or agressivenss is very reminiscent of the approach under Marvin.

The use of timeouts is simply unforgiveable.  They actually used the last one on a 3rd and 2, when they already were in FG range, to call a deep pass down the sideline.  They wasted another when they were in their goal line defense.  You can't be out of timeouts with over 8 minutes to go in a close game.

He had no answers for Burrow getting killed early in the game.  You'd think he might lean on the running backs and the tight ends in the pass game for dumps and quick throws.  But you'd think wrong.  The tight ends were non-existent until late in the game.  You'd think they'd lean on Mixon more early on.  You'd also think wrong.  Despite having a healthy average he only saw 9 carries in the first half.

0 points in the last quarter, even with Burrow finding his groove. 0 passing TD's.  Despite Burrow getting hit a ton his calls a running play out of timeout for him.  Their most successful approach on offense was Burrow creating plays on the ground.  This is not how you want to use your #1 pick.  The dude took at least 10 hits today.

All in all, just an awful, awful job by him on the offensive job.  Captain Lou actually did ok, especially with the LB corp he's working with and with Atkins being out.

I don't know if Callahan calling plays would be better, because he has no experience either.  But he can't be worse.

Zac Taylor is completely over his head.  He has no business taking on dual-roles.

Its play design not play calling. That's on the entire offensive staff.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Of the people I'd pin this loss on... the coaching staff is way down on the list.

Coaching didn't fail to address the O-line... the front office signed Hart and ignored the position.

The coaching staff didn't fumble.

The coaching staff didn't throw one of the dumbest INT's in a long time.

And, the coaching staff didn't pull their fat and shank a FG.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This team is cursed or something, how does this stuff happen to us every year? How is it possible? After 30 years of it I don’t think I can keep watching it. My health is not good enough to keep the suffering going
Reply/Quote
Why are some acting like Joe burrow was decent. If it was Andy that had this game pitchforks would be out. It's just his 1st start so I'm not concerned at all but I won't sugar coat it. He looked just like Andy out there today. Missing wide open wr in end zone for tds. Throw away screen pass getting intercepted. Just boneheaded crap that haunts this team for some reason.

Xsf getting hurt forced our staff to play a better player. I never want to see anybody injured but this staff needs to give Fred the rt job and leave price at rg. Fred can't possibly be worse than hart.

The good news is the last drive by burrow he looked comfortable and finally started showing some glimpses. Hopefully we can get it together by Thursday.
Reply/Quote
This was a tight close played game. Zac wasn't the reason we lost. Mixon's fumble hurt. Hubbard whiffing on a sack was costly. And a few more mistakes also.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:28 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lost by 3. Had a chance but a fluke kicker mistake. Meh.

Let’s overreact a little more tho.

Okay

Freakout
Reply/Quote
A 3 point loss in a single game where the guy responsible for getting the points got injured on the final play is not a just reason for removing the coach. BUT...I will say Burrow looked better when he was doing his own thing, and the play calling was not very impressive.

I’m not a Taylor fan, but I’m giving him more than what he’s had before I call for his head.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:55 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Why are some acting like Joe burrow was decent. If it was Andy that had this game pitchforks would be out. It's just his 1st start so I'm not concerned at all but I won't sugar coat it. He looked just like Andy out there today. Missing wide open wr in end zone for tds. Throw away screen pass getting intercepted. Just boneheaded crap that haunts this team for some reason.

Xsf getting hurt forced our staff to play a better player. I never want to see anybody injured but this staff needs to give Fred the rt job and leave price at rg. Fred can't possibly be worse than hart.

The good news is the last drive by burrow he looked comfortable and finally started showing some glimpses. Hopefully we can get it together by Thursday.
Seriously... Andy cannot step up in the pocket..... Joe did not play well from the standpoint of a 10 yr vet but played fine considering it was his first nfl game.

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Burrows had 2 wide open receivers for tds and he missed both. Theres no timing at all with him and the receivers. What I would really like to know is, what the hell have they been doing since the draft! Obviously nothing! If the timing gets there lookout! Next Year and probably with different receivers! This ain't college Burrows.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Its play design not play calling. That's on the entire offensive staff.

It's both.
Reply/Quote
When does Taylor’s seat get hot 0-5, 0-8?..... 8 years?
Reply/Quote