Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye Coach Taylor
Losses suck, but I liked a lot of what I saw today. I saw a defense that played good today without Geno, or Trae Waynes . I saw a gritty Rookie QB today that made some mistakes but still nearly pulled out a win. I also saw a right tackle that has no business being an NFL starter. This team has promise and I don't think Taylor is going anywhere soon. I've been watching this team for 40+ seasons and I seen potential on that field today. Please have a little more patience. Who Dey!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:54 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: This team is cursed or something, how does this stuff happen to us every year? How is it possible? After 30 years of it I don’t think I can keep watching it. My health is not good enough to keep the suffering going

Been watching for 31 years.  I am a healthy and fit (knocks on wood) 45 year old, so I have plenty of years left to be tortured and teased (one and done playoffs).

I truly expected Bullock to miss that.  Not necessarily because i think Bullock is horrible, but because it's the Bengals.  lol.
Reply/Quote
Im dumbfounded by the number of people that don't recall the first games of hall of fame quarterbacks, and those quarterbacks had OTA's and preseason.

Get a grip people.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:09 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: Im dumbfounded by the number of people that don't recall the first games of hall of fame quarterbacks, and those quarterbacks had OTA's and preseason.

Get a grip people.

I don't see many people ripping Burrow. 

Taylor and Bobby Hart on the other hand...
Reply/Quote
Burrow did fine but the biggest weakness beside the O-Line is our horrible HC
Reply/Quote
Dude is ass. Blow timeouts and then on 3rd and 2. Call a shot
to the end zone. To have anyone think this Oline is good enough needs to be fired for negligence.... GTFO Bye Felicia. Idiot is 2-15. Dave Shula jr
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Burrow played subpar also till the last drive.. lets not skip that one

First game as a pro... No preseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I don't see many people ripping Burrow. 

Exactly.  Burrow looked promising, but his first game as a Bengal pretty much hit all the highlights of crap that the hater talking heads were saying before we drafted him.  Are the Bengals going to put him behind the eight ball?  Yep.

Again, it's just week 1 but Burrow looked his best when he was doing the no huddle and calling audibles, so ZT needs to step up his game.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Goff and La are missing this clown........ He drafted Drew Sample in the 2nd round
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Of the people I'd pin this loss on... the coaching staff is way down on the list.

Coaching didn't fail to address the O-line... the front office signed Hart and ignored the position.

The coaching staff didn't fumble.

The coaching staff didn't throw one of the dumbest INT's in a long time.

And, the coaching staff didn't pull their fat and shank a FG.

A reasonable response...

I think the expectation was for Burrow to be better than any other rookie quarterback to play the game.

I believe this is a pretty vanilla gameplan that was very much structured to get Burrow acclimated in the absence of any real pro experience.

And they still had a chance to win.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:59 PM)RASCAL Wrote: Burrows had 2 wide open receivers for tds and he missed both. Theres no timing at all with him and the receivers. What I would really like to know is, what the hell have they been doing since the draft! Obviously nothing! If the timing gets there lookout! Next Year and probably with different receivers! This ain't college Burrows.

How do you mimick game speed and timing without a preseason being a rookie quarterback.

You listen to the talking heads, mostly ex-players discuss any of the games from today and they mostly seem completely unphased by the lack of polish.

Apparently our fans know better...

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:00 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: When does Taylor’s seat get hot 0-5, 0-8?..... 8 years?

95% positive he is still here next year...

If he can't get a offensive line that can do the job by then it will be a different story.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:04 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Been watching for 31 years.  I am a healthy and fit (knocks on wood) 45 year old, so I have plenty of years left to be tortured and teased (one and done playoffs).

I truly expected Bullock to miss that.  Not necessarily because i think Bullock is horrible, but because it's the Bengals.  lol.

Same age. I feel your pain... See need a healthy dose of hope injected into our fanbase

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I don't see many people ripping Burrow. 

Hall of fame coaches don't make the turn a rookie QBs first season into a glorious playoff run.

Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor is 100% not the guy. Take it to the bank.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 09:04 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Been watching for 31 years.  I am a healthy and fit (knocks on wood) 45 year old, so I have plenty of years left to be tortured and teased (one and done playoffs).

The same. The phrase "All cried out" applies to long term Bengals fans. I was at that point when Burfict intercepted in the playoffs. I knew we had too much time to screw it up. I knew then that the team broke me. Then Hill cemented it.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:07 PM)Destro Wrote: The same. The phrase "All cried out" applies to long term Bengals fans. I was at that point when Burfict intercepted in the playoffs. I knew we had too much time to screw it up. I knew then that the team broke me. Then Hill cemented it.

I was naive enough to think that was gonna cement the victory... Let’s be honest tho. Hills knee was down
Reply/Quote
The only way for Zac Taylor to have a successful career is to let go and let Joe Burrow call his own plays. You can’t “script” a quarterback like Joe and Zac needs to emulate Tony Dungy who just let Peyton Manning do his thing.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:06 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Zac Taylor is 100% not the guy.  Take it to the bank.

I know it's only one game and it's week 1 and so on, but geez it'd be so much easier to have faith in ZT if 2019 wasn't so bad and his resume didn't indicate that he's in way over his head.  I have faith in Burrow because of what he's done before...ZT, not so much.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No he didn’t. Other than the terrible INT he was fine. He had NO time 95% of the game. We only got in the EZ because of him, and if we had any timeouts the end of the game (is Marvin back?) we probably win.

Taylor is a terrible HC. We should have hired Eric Bieniemy.

He was pretty clean in the second half, hardly any pressure. We were fine without the timeouts as it turned out,  so I'm not sure how Taylor is a horrible coach after not haven't any tape on the Chargers?
Reply/Quote