Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye, Josh Malone and Hardy Nickerson!
Seems we now know who got cut, in order to make room for Perrine and Cooper.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/9/1/20843699/bengals-cuts-2019-josh-malone-hardy-nickerson-cardinals-news-samaje-perine?fbclid=IwAR3qukO6zuECKPX7Q9r7nxKJvNNDPuSKPv3jIsUkepQkjvHq-eFs5ztwFfY
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Probably going to PS...

EDIT* though, AFAIK, Malone isn't eligible...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Probably going to PS...

Nah, some team will pick them up as fast as the Browns and Giants picked up Jefferson and Core.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like the two additions much more than the two released!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems we now know who got cut, in order to make room for Perrine and Cooper.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/9/1/20843699/bengals-cuts-2019-josh-malone-hardy-nickerson-cardinals-news-samaje-perine?fbclid=IwAR3qukO6zuECKPX7Q9r7nxKJvNNDPuSKPv3jIsUkepQkjvHq-eFs5ztwFfY

Nickerson is no surprise. Malone is a slight surprise but not nearly a shocker. I figured he was low on the totem pole. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nah, some team will pick them up as fast as the Browns and Giants picked up Jefferson and Core.

If any NFL team picks up Nickerson, i will poop right in my damn pants.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nickerson is no surprise. Malone is a slight surprise but not nearly a shocker. I figured he was low on the totem pole. 

So, with only 4 LBs on the roster;  Either the team is dead set on running a 2 LB set, or they are looking to make a deal for someone else.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
@Pistons

You still think this is similar to how things would have gone down under Marvin? I don’t.

Nickerson, especially, is the kind of guy that Marvin would have kept bringing back.

So how many LBers do we even have atm?

Pratt
Brown
Vigil
Evans

There HAS to be a move coming right? No way they are comfortable with only 4.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, with only 4 LBs on the roster;  Either the team is dead set on running a 2 LB set, or they are looking to make a deal for someone else.

I don't know who is out there that would be even remotely usable. I haven't looked at any cut players. I guess he's gambling that the guys they have won't get hurt. 

If you're going to stick a guy on the roster just for numbers, you can do that anytime during the year.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Probably going to PS...

EDIT* though, AFAIK, Malone isn't eligible...

Both are eligible at least according to Jay Morrison.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know who is out there that would be even remotely usable. I haven't looked at any cut players. I guess he's gambling that the guys they have won't get hurt. 

If you're going to stick a guy on the roster just for numbers, you can do that anytime during the year.

I made mention last night, in another thread, that with 11 DL on the roster, I think they are hoping to make a trade.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: @Pistons

You still think this is similar to how things would have gone down under Marvin? I don’t.

Nickerson, especially, is the kind of guy that Marvin would have kept bringing back.

Pratt
Brown
Vigil
Evans

They may use Williams at LB... Fej more at safety...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Keeping two Nose Tackles and an extra QB bothers me right now.
Also Cooper for Malone is dumb we have good options at KR/PR if Erickson goes down and in the slot. Yet if Ross or Willis gets hurt we have zero backups. That's just a dumbass move no question about it.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I made mention last night, in another thread, that with 11 DL on the roster, I think they are hoping to make a trade.

Yep or...

hang with me here...this is crazy...

They've got some 34 packages in their back pocket and they're going to use Lawson and/or Dunlap on the edges...

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, with only 4 LBs on the roster;  Either the team is dead set on running a 2 LB set, or they are looking to make a deal for someone else.

They are looking to make a deal, be sure of that.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: @Pistons

Pratt
Brown
Vigil
Evans

Lewis would have kept bums like Nickerson and Core.
Nickerson was proof Marvin's eye for talent was getting worse and worse as the years went on especially for LBers.
All that talent in Baltimore made Lewis look better than what he really was 
Malone had enough time to show what he was capable of.
He might catch on with WR starved team like the Redskins 
Giants later on.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: @Pistons

Pratt
Brown
Vigil
Evans

For sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:51 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Keeping two Nose Tackles and an extra QB bothers me right now.
Also Cooper for Malone is dumb we have good options at KR/PR if Erickson goes down and in the slot. Yet if Ross or Willis gets hurt we have zero backups. That's just a dumbass move no question about it.

Wrong.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems we now know who got cut, in order to make room for Perrine and Cooper.

wow.  They must really like RB from Oklahoma.  I remember both players coming out of college.  I still think Bryant makes it to 53 before the year is out.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wrong.

Lol
J24

Reply/Quote