Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Byner's fumble worse than Hill's?
I just caught this over on NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000670737/article/byner-im-on-hook-for-the-fumble-despite-cavs-title

Sure, the Browns had made it a little deeper into the playoffs that year, but "Who Knows" if this truly was OUR season. (I mean, obviously we would've at least advanced)

Why isn't Jeremy feeling the Earnest burn??
Reply/Quote
Byners was much worse. Can't really compare the two because of the stage and timing that Byners came on.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 04:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Byners was much worse. Can't really compare the two because of the stage and timing that Byners came on.
I disagree: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Il2P_SyjFk
If Byner doesn't fumble Cleveland is still 1 point behind (a critical XP pending) with over a minute left on the clock, Denver's ball. Perhaps D scores or perhaps that game goes into Overtime.

In Jeremy's case, Cincinnati already had the game won. It was simply a matter of the Bengals "running out the clock"
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 04:36 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: I just caught this over on NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000670737/article/byner-im-on-hook-for-the-fumble-despite-cavs-title

Sure, the Browns had made it a little deeper into the playoffs that year, but "Who Knows" if this truly was OUR season. (I mean, obviously we would've at least advanced)

Hill's fumble was atrocious, not only gave up a sure win but also allowed the Pittsburgh ghost off the hook. Byner's fumble, on the other hand, was fantastic!
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 05:33 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Hill's fumble was atrocious, not only gave up a sure win but also allowed the Pittsburgh ghost off the hook.  Byner's fumble, on the other hand, was fantastic!

No doubt.  Cleveland was coming mighty close to a Super Bowl appearance before Byner fumbled.  I loved his fumble.  Ranks right up there with "The Drive"  ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Guys guys... the Cavs aren't affiliated with the Browns. It's ok. The Browns still suck more than we do.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 04:36 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: I just caught this over on NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000670737/article/byner-im-on-hook-for-the-fumble-despite-cavs-title

Stupid argument. Both were bad fumbles. So was Gio's on San Diego's 3 yard line.

And it wasn't just Hill's fumble. It was the fumble plus two big penalties, all of which were needed for Pittsburgh to win. The team imploded.

A championship team just wouldn't implode like that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 04:36 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: I just caught this over on NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000670737/article/byner-im-on-hook-for-the-fumble-despite-cavs-title

It it truly was OUR season, he would not have fumbled, or the defense would not have imploded!
Reply/Quote
Hill's fumble not near as bad as Byners.

Byner gave away the Browns game. Our defense gave away the game more than Hill did.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 05:13 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: In Jeremy's case, Cincinnati already had the game won. It was simply a matter of the Bengals "running out the clock"

Bengals had the game won even after the Hill Fumbles.  The Steelers didn't have a QB who could throe the ball more than 15 yards and they were 7 yards away with less than a minute left.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 05:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hill's fumble not near as bad as Byners.

Byner gave away the Browns game. Our defense gave away the game more than Hill did.

Hill's fumble was the worst play in the history of the franchise.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 07:56 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Hill's fumble was the worst play in the history of the franchise.

It was a gut-punch, to be sure.  But, if the D keeps their heads we stop them, we still win.  Besides, losing playoff games had become the norm by that point.  So I'd still have to put Carson's knee being shredded as #1.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 05:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our defense gave away the game more than Hill did.

At a critical point in the game, Jeremy Hill fumbled and turned the ball over to the Steelers.  He bears primary responsibility for the loss.  

After that turnover, incompetent officiating was a much bigger factor in the loss than was our defense.  The Bengals defense played very well in that game and bears little responsibility for the loss.
Reply/Quote
We would of never got back dalton anyway,just wasnt meant to be.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 07:56 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Hill's fumble was the worst play in the history of the franchise.

Not intercepting or sacking Montana on that late TD is the worst play in Bengals history.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think Hill needs to let go of thinking about what type of Chad Johnson foolishness he is going to do in the end zone, and concentrate on holding onto the football!
Reply/Quote

If Lewis Billups were still alive, he'd like to have a word with you right now. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 08:54 PM)BengalChris Wrote: A championship team just wouldn't implode like that.

Bingo.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 05:13 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: I disagree: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Il2P_SyjFk
If Byner doesn't fumble Cleveland is still 1 point behind (a critical XP pending) with over a minute left on the clock, Denver's ball. Perhaps D scores or perhaps that game goes into Overtime.

In Jeremy's case, Cincinnati already had the game won. It was simply a matter of the Bengals "running out the clock"

Basically all Jeremy had to do was get the ball and fall down. If im not mistaken we were well within field goal range and putting the game out of reach for the amount of time that was left.

Ours was worse.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
lets pitch in and get hill one of those beeping footballs.
Reply/Quote