Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
C A L M down.
I don't know about y'all but I am still SUPER ecstatic about this season after watching this game. Yeah, we lost but we showed promise. This team has potential to be dangerous this season. I can easily see us winning 10 games. Our defense actually looked competent, we just held the #1 rushing offense to 72 yards when they averaged over 160 a game last year! I think once Cordy comes back and AJ eventually, this team is gonna be hard to beat. We lost on some miscues and a missed FG and that Fumble/INT WAS NOT ANDY'S FAULT. Some of y'all are just downers to be downers and it's quite sickening.

I think this team hasn't even gotten close to it's potential, we're gonna surprise a lot of people. BELIEVE THAT.

#WHODEY!!!
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
should have won though. missed fg and the turnover after the half. it's so frustrating
Reply/Quote
Outside of the scoreboard (I know I know) I saw more positive than negative today.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
100% agree. No Green and we almost won IMO the toughest game on the schedule. Seattle hasnt lost a home opener in 11 years. Great game for us. We will get better as the year goes on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:47 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I don't know about y'all but I am still SUPER ecstatic about this season after watching this game. Yeah, we lost but we showed promise. This team has potential to be dangerous this season. I can easily see us winning 10 games. Our defense actually looked competent, we just held the #1 rushing offense to 72 yards when they averaged over 160 a game last year! I think once Cordy comes back and AJ eventually, this team is gonna be hard to beat. We lost on some miscues and a missed FG and that Fumble/INT WAS NOT ANDY'S FAULT. Some of y'all are just downers to be downers and it's quite sickening.

I think this team hasn't even gotten close to it's potential, we're gonna surprise a lot of people. BELIEVE THAT.

#WHODEY!!!
I live in Atlanta and didn't get to see the game but have Ross on my fantasy because no matter the hate he receive on here you dont have 80 plus catches and 17 TDs in a college season if you are are a fragile but as some make him out to be. From the highlights I see Bullock f@#$ed us over and I seen my favorite cb Willo give up a big play that were the turning points. Like I said I didn't see the game live but will still will be a 11 win team.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:53 PM)804 fan Wrote: I live in Atlanta and didn't get to see the game but have Ross on my fantasy because no matter the hate he receive on here you dont have 80 plus catches and 17 TDs in a college season if you are are a fragile but as some make him out to be. From the highlights I see Bullock f@#$ed us over and I seen my favorite cb Willo give up a big play that were the turning points. Like I said I didn't see the game live but will still will be a 11 win team.

Ross was very up and down but what I saw from him was that this man can be a star in this league if he can raise his confidence to his ability. He's super talented just needs to be more confident in making catches... He keeps proving doubters wrong.

Reply/Quote
There was promise today but let's pump the breaks on talking about 10 wins.

--They played a team that had no film on them and as the game went on started to find ways to slow the Bengals down.

--The defense looked fired up but playing that hard and having nothing to show for it can sometimes break a team more then it brings them together.

--The absolute lack of a running game is going to be a concern as this season continues.

There is certainly improvement and it is nice to see some fire and passion from the team but there is still a lack of real talent on the O-line and in important moments (4th and less then 1) and the last drive, the O-line was exposed.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The loss is disappointing but you have to feel good about that game otherwise. They went to one of the toughest places in the NFL to play against a playoff team from a year ago down their #1 WR and starting LT and outplayed the Seahawks.

If they play like that for the rest of the season they have a chance to be pretty good. In the short term, I think they go into Pittsburgh above .500.
Reply/Quote
Hell Marvin would of had us down 21-7 at halftime. The future looks good
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: There was promise today but let's pump the breaks on talking about 10 wins.

--They played a team that had no film on them and as the game went on started to find ways to slow the Bengals down.

--The defense looked fired up but playing that hard and having nothing to show for it can sometimes break a team more then it brings them together.

--The absolute lack of a running game is going to be a concern as this season continues.

There is certainly improvement and it is nice to see some fire and passion from the team but there is still a lack of real talent on the O-line and in important moments (4th and less then 1) and the last drive, the O-line was exposed.

Joe Mixon missed most of the second half plus the Bengals didn't have arguably their best o-lineman in Glenn... I think once Glenn is back in mix we can hope to see improvements in the run game.

Reply/Quote
Calm down from what?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:57 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Hell Marvin would of had us down 21-7 at halftime. The future looks good

Yup. When they got the ball back with 52s left in the first half and didn't call a run up the gut, then a knee, I about did a spit take. Was refreshing to see them actually try (and succeed) to do something in the last minute of the first half.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: There was promise today but let's pump the breaks on talking about 10 wins.

Yeah...teams will start to adjust to what we do once there is game tape. It's like when you fire an OC and bring another one in, there is a boost.

The defensive line did a GREAT job. Hubbard, Atkins, and Dunlap especially. Hubbard has good speed at defensive end and is around the ball a decent bit. He did miss a tackle or two, but still great hustle and effort.

Agree on the lack of running game. Seattle was bad against the run last year so not being able to run is concerning.

Our offensive line held up decent, but there was some pressure. Andre Smith got abused often. Hart got beat at the end on the strip sack. Jordan got beat too for a sack that I saw.

I didn't really notice Hopkins do anything good or bad...which may be good.

Some questionable play calls in the 2nd half. Running on 4th and 1 was questionable. Then when we got to the redzone they threw a short pass to Ross down by 4.
Reply/Quote
I really like the direction of the team. The things they need to fix can be fixed. This was one that got away. The Bengals need to learn how to win as a group, but the fact that they are making strides is impressive.

Also: Awesome that there were no procedural penalties and their silent count stuff worked perfectly. Super impressed with the coaching with 1 exception and that is the 3rd down screen towards the end of the game. Should have gone for it there. Other than that, super impressed with the coaching.

Also, for all it the Bobby Heart hate. I thought he did fine. Impressed that Andre Smith held up decently as well.

Just pleased to see something different and this at least looked different.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:57 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Hell Marvin would of had us down 21-7 at halftime. The future looks good

Remember we started 4-1 last year with Marvin. There's a chance we might have won this game with him.

Having 429 yards and only 20 points is rough. The redzone offense was questionable.
Reply/Quote
10 wins? They did better than I thought they would, but come on now.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...teams will start to adjust to what we do once there is game tape. It's like when you fire an OC and bring another one in, there is a boost.

Right, because it's not like ZT and his coaching staff will make adjustments of their own or anything.   Whatever

You're still trying to convince yourself he's going to fail, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 10 wins? They did better than I thought they would, but come on now.

Don't forget.  He said easily too.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I really like the direction of the team. The things they need to fix can be fixed. This was one that got away. The Bengals need to learn how to win as a group, but the fact that they are making strides is impressive.

Also: Awesome that there were no procedural penalties and their silent count stuff worked perfectly. Super impressed with the coaching with 1 exception and that is the 3rd down screen towards the end of the game. Should have gone for it there. Other than that, super impressed with the coaching.

Also, for all it the Bobby Heart hate. I thought he did fine. Impressed that Andre Smith held up decently as well.

Just pleased to see something different and this at least looked different.

You thought Smith held up decently? He got beat repeatedly.

Hart gave up the strip sack at the end. Other than that...I didn't notice anything from him.

The offensive line got absolutely 0 push. That's a huge concern and I don't know how fixable it is.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Also, for all it the Bobby Heart hate. I thought he did fine. Impressed that Andre Smith held up decently as well.

I've seen people knocking the offensive line already but yeah, like you I was mostly impressed. With their pass blocking, at least. Most teams would be pleased to get the kind of play the Bengals got from Andre from their 3rd string LT.

I thought the other big area of weakness (LB) also played pretty well. Vigil in particular.
Reply/Quote