Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
C A L M down.
1. Seattle is fundamentally sound on both sides of the ball.
Rarely does a Pete Carroll beat itself
So for the Bengals to be in for 4 q. With new coach
Is a good sign.

2. The tackling was overally better. Especially from the LBers

3. The screens to Uzamoh were dialed up perfectly

4. Green not playing makes Andy a better QB.he has to use the whole field.

5. Coach Lou lined up Dunlap on the right side
He got a sack.
Lewis never would have gone that route.

6. WJ needs to tighten his game up.

7. We missed Dennard today in the slot

8. Need INTS from the back 7 badly.

9. Erickson needs to be replaced as returner
No explosion unless the seam is 10 ft wide

10. Now you see why we resigned Gio.
Reply/Quote
^Nobody had a problem with re-signing Gio. It was the amount. And if we don’t figure out a way to get the running game going it will indeed be a MASSIVE overpayment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:11 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I'm looking at our schedule and seeing this.

49ers - W (1-1)...dunno..Beat TB today pretty handily, but it was TB
@ Bills - W (2-1)..Bills..What can ya say? Woohoo..maybe?
@ Steelers - L (2-2)..3 points the entire game. I think the drought is over for us
Cardinals - W (3-2)..Murray? I dunno.. Still not quite convinced, but we'll see
@ Ravens - L (3-3) Tough game unless they trade back to get Fake-O back (not happening)
Jaguars - W (4-3)...ehhh.. I dunno
@ Rams - L (4-4)..another tough one
Ravens - W (5-4)....ditto
@ Raiders - W (6-4)..WOOHOO!
Steelers - W (7-4)...WOOHOO!
Jets - W (8-4)... WOOHOO!
@ Browns - L (8-5)...Wait..we only play em once this season?
Patriots - L (8-6)...HA!
@ Dolphins - W (9-6)...WOOHOO! 

Browns - W (10-6)...oops..I didn't scroll down to see this one..Never mind... It Depends on if they are still buying their own hype I guess.. 

I think that this is reasonable... but hey maybe it's just me trying to be optimistic.
Nothing wrong with being optimistic even if you're wrong. I was optimistic when I was 59- 364/365ths years old that I'd soon be 60 and was right! 
I can almost imagine 9 wins. 10 isn't impossible either. We'd still have to beat Baltimore and Cleveland somewhere in there IMO..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I don't see why anyone would be freaking out. Road games in Seattle are rough. The defense did decent (better than last year). The passing game was good without the #1.

End of the day, a loss isn't what you want coming out of the gate, but it gives me hope for the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:47 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I don't know about y'all but I am still SUPER ecstatic about this season after watching this game. Yeah, we lost but we showed promise. This team has potential to be dangerous this season. I can easily see us winning 10 games. Our defense actually looked competent, we just held the #1 rushing offense to 72 yards when they averaged over 160 a game last year! I think once Cordy comes back and AJ eventually, this team is gonna be hard to beat. We lost on some miscues and a missed FG and that Fumble/INT WAS NOT ANDY'S FAULT. Some of y'all are just downers to be downers and it's quite sickening.

I think this team hasn't even gotten close to it's potential, we're gonna surprise a lot of people. BELIEVE THAT.

#WHODEY!!!

Completely agree.  Either folks didn't watch the game, or just can't seem to escape the doom and gloom of Marvin's past.  

Marv would have been curb-stomped yesterday.  I love what I saw in all three phases...and yes, Fat Randy missed a FG in pouring rain.  It happens.  Huber was on fire and he had been kind of in a slump.  The offense looked good without AJ and Glenn.  The defense looked amazing all game long.  

I am as excited as I have been since the 2015 season.  And I love what ZT said after the game:  "I am disappointed that we lost, but I am not disappointed with the way we played".  

Damn right.  

Who dey, and this division is going to be a battle.  Let ESPN drool over Baltiwhore for pounding a JV football team.  The Bengals will contend for the division and will make the playoffs.  And unlike in year's past.....they won't be outcoached when they get there. 
Reply/Quote
I’m not sure how anyone watched that and didn’t come away knowing it’s the same old Bengals.

Should have won.
Moral victory.
Horrible decisions by the coach.
Stealing a loss from the jaws of victory.
Bumbling fumbling Dalton at the most opportune times.

Am I missing something? We lost a game we should have won, right? We are still 0-1.

Is it such a moral victory to see we don’t suck as bad as most thought?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: There was promise today but let's pump the breaks on talking about 10 wins.

--They played a team that had no film on them and as the game went on started to find ways to slow the Bengals down.

--The defense looked fired up but playing that hard and having nothing to show for it can sometimes break a team more then it brings them together.

--The absolute lack of a running game is going to be a concern as this season continues.

There is certainly improvement and it is nice to see some fire and passion from the team but there is still a lack of real talent on the O-line and in important moments (4th and less then 1) and the last drive, the O-line was exposed.

The running game will be fine.  Seattle's whole game plan came down to stopping the run and forcing the Bengals to beat them through the air without AJ Green.  No brainer decision on their part.  They have an amazing home field advantage and likely knew it would be very difficult for the Bengals to execute a passing game in that environment.

All in all the loss stinks, but the Bengals did not flinch or fold up under tough circumstances.  There were a lot of positives to take away from the game still.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: There was promise today but let's pump the breaks on talking about 10 wins.

--They played a team that had no film on them and as the game went on started to find ways to slow the Bengals down.

--The defense looked fired up but playing that hard and having nothing to show for it can sometimes break a team more then it brings them together.

--The absolute lack of a running game is going to be a concern as this season continues.

There is certainly improvement and it is nice to see some fire and passion from the team but there is still a lack of real talent on the O-line and in important moments (4th and less then 1) and the last drive, the O-line was exposed.

The running game will be fine.  Seattle's whole game plan came down to stopping the run and forcing the Bengals to beat them through the air without AJ Green.  No brainer decision on their part.  They have an amazing home field advantage and likely knew it would be very difficult for the Bengals to execute a passing game in that environment.

All in all the loss stinks, but the Bengals did not flinch or fold up under tough circumstances.  There were a lot of positives to take away from the game still.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:37 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There was tackling.  Good tackling.  That gives me hope.

Did you watch Dre's total wiff in the Seattle TD run. Happened right after his bone headed PF. He is a total idiot.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 08:57 AM)yang Wrote: I’m not sure how anyone watched that and didn’t come away knowing it’s the same old Bengals.  

Should have won.
Moral victory.

Am I missing something?   We lost a game we should have won, right?   We are still 0-1.  

Man, you must lead a miserable life.
WTF is wrong with you, dude?

"Bumbling fumbling" Dalton?
He had ONE, WET ball, slip from his hand while attempting a throw. (The other was an INCOMPLETE PASS that the refs INCORRECTLY ruled a fumble - guess they were ready to get out of there.) IT HAPPENS.

"Horrible decisions by the coach?"
Do you think Marvin Lewis would have called for a long pass (resulting in a TD) with 7 seconds left in the first half?  HELL NO.
He would have called a couple runs up the middle, then had Dalton take a knee!

"Stealing a loss from the jaws of victory?"
The Bengals were NEVER OUT OF IT, but they never had the game "WON," either.
It was a HARD-FOUGHT game the entire way.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 08:57 AM)yang Wrote: I’m not sure how anyone watched that and didn’t come away knowing it’s the same old Bengals.  

Should have won.
Moral victory.

Am I missing something?   We lost a game we should have won, right?   We are still 0-1.  

Aside from the 4th down call, I did not think Taylor made any horrible decisions. The decision to go was good, just the play call did make a lot of sense. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:03 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Aside from the 4th down call, I did not think Taylor made any horrible decisions. The decision to go was good, just the play call did make a lot of sense. 

There was a 3rd and goal in the 4th where they threw a short pass. I would have liked to see a pass to Eifert in the endzone.
Reply/Quote

Should have won.
Moral victory.

Mr. Positive  Gaah
Reply/Quote

Dude, also...
The "same old Bengals" would have lost by 3 Touchdowns.
Are you new here?  Maybe really young?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:17 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Dude, also...
The "same old Bengals" would have lost by 3 Touchdowns.
Are you new here?  Maybe really young?

I don't know. I looked at Seattle's scores from last year and sometimes they lost to 3-13 teams or only won by 3. They generally play close teams.

IF we can have passing success like we did today against the 49ers and Bills...and our defense shuts them down...then I'll be more apt to think this success will stay.

I kind of wish the 49ers game was today!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know. I looked at Seattle's scores from last year and sometimes they lost to 3-13 teams or only won by 3. They generally play close teams.

IF we can have passing success like we did today against the 49ers and Bills...and our defense shuts them down...then I'll be more apt to think this success will stay.

I kind of wish the 49ers game was today!

Yeah, but then people would be saying, we only beat Buffalo and SF..... 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 01:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yeah, but then people would be saying, we only beat Buffalo and SF..... 

Winning against SF and Buffalo is better to hang our hats on than saying we only lost by 1 to Seattle.

I think those teams might be decent this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 01:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Winning against SF and Buffalo is better to hang our hats on than saying we only lost by 1 to Seattle.

I think those teams might be decent this year.

You could be right
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:53 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Did you watch Dre's total wiff in the Seattle TD run. Happened right after his bone headed PF. He is a total idiot.

Definitely some missed tackles, but nowhere near last years level.

Lou A brings the hard-nosed style that he employed at the Merchant Marine's as their DC.
Reply/Quote