Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
C A L M down.
(09-08-2019, 09:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You thought Smith held up decently? He got beat repeatedly.

Hart gave up the strip sack at the end. Other than that...I didn't notice anything from him.

The offensive line got absolutely 0 push. That's a huge concern and I don't know how fixable it is.

No he didn't you're just making that up. Now Michael Jordan, that's a different story
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No he didn't you're just making that up. Now Michael Jordan, that's a different story

Clowney and Jefferson beat Smith repeatedly. He struggled.
Reply/Quote
Hart started to have problems later in the game, and to be honest we probably needed to be running with 2 TEs on that last series at least, so that both tackles had chip block support. Let's be honest, the OL is very much a work in progress and it will take at least one more draft to get it into good shape.
Reply/Quote
I'm not happy we lost, but this is no where near the top ten of most disappointed I have been at a loss. Most posters were not alive the last time a team didn't lose the entire year. ( saying Dolphins with the Pats losing the SB )
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:05 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Don't forget.  He said easily too.

I'm looking at our schedule and seeing this.

49ers - W (1-1)
@ Bills - W (2-1)
@ Steelers - L (2-2)
Cardinals - W (3-2)
@ Ravens - L (3-3)
Jaguars - W (4-3)
@ Rams - L (4-4)
Ravens - W (5-4)
@ Raiders - W (6-4)
Steelers - W (7-4)
Jets - W (8-4)
@ Browns - L (8-5)
Patriots - L (8-6)
@ Dolphins - W (9-6)
Browns - W (10-6)

I think that this is reasonable... but hey maybe it's just me trying to be optimistic.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
We dominated that whole game and we should have won. A couple fluke plays by Seattle is what gave them the win. We showed promise and CONFIDENCE. I like what I see I can't wait when Aj gets back.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:12 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: We dominated that whole game and we should have won. A couple fluke plays by Seattle is what gave them the win. We showed promise and CONFIDENCE. I like what I see I can't wait when Aj gets back.

Exactly how I see it, I like the confidence and promise we showed.

Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton was sacked once every 10 attempts. Russell Wilson was sacked once every 5 attempts. There comes a time when folks need to change their outlook. We did not lose today because of out oline. A couple sacks Andy took he had days to throw. We lost because our skill players failed to execute in the Redzone.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If we can just run, this team would be complete. I like the system and the coaches seem competent.

I thought the team was poised, and overall for the first game compared to other teams stinkers I saw some good things.

Once ZT gets a run game this offense will be great.

Good to see Eifert and Ross come out of it healthy.

Defense looks much improved.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:12 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: We dominated that whole game and we should have won. A couple fluke plays by Seattle is what gave them the win. We showed promise and CONFIDENCE. I like what I see I can't wait when Aj gets back.

I thought Metcalf made two huge catches for Seattle where he was very well defended, and both of those catches eventually led to Seahawk TDs. 
Reply/Quote
Wonder how different it would have been with Mixon all game and Green.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:11 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I'm looking at our schedule and seeing this.

49ers - W (1-1)
@ Bills - W (2-1)
@ Steelers - L (2-2)
Cardinals - W (3-2)
@ Ravens - L (3-3)
Jaguars - W (4-3)
@ Rams - L (4-4)
Ravens - W (5-4)
@ Raiders - W (6-4)
Steelers - W (7-4)
Jets - W (8-4)
@ Browns - L (8-5)
Patriots - L (8-6)
@ Dolphins - W (9-6)
Browns - W (10-6)

I think that this is reasonable... but hey maybe it's just me trying to be optimistic.

We should beat teams like the Bills, 49ers, and Cardinals. Will we is the question.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:11 PM)milksheikh Wrote: @ Browns - L (8-5)
Browns - W (10-6)

If the Browns keep playing as undisciplined and deer-in-the-headlights as they did today you can chalk up both of those as W's. They looked good for all of one drive (their opening one) and that was it. Afterwards it was penalties as far as the eye could see, and Mayfield doing his best Jay Cutler (Human INT Machine version) impression in the 4th quarter. Getting blown out by an OK-at-best Titans team, at home, after all the hype was about as Cleveland Browns an opener as I've ever seen from them.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:14 PM)Destro Wrote: Wonder how different it would have been with Mixon all game and Green.

...or if it doesn't rain for those 5-10 minutes in the middle of the game.

C'est la vie.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:19 PM)Ravage Wrote: If the Browns keep playing as undisciplined and deer-in-the-headlights as they did today you can chalk up both of those as W's. They looked good for all of one drive (their opening one) and that was it. Afterwards it was penalties as far as the eye could see, and Mayfield doing his best Jay Cutler (Human INT Machine version) impression in the 4th quarter. Getting blown out by an OK-at-best Titans team, at home, after all the hype was about as Cleveland Browns an opener as I've ever seen from them.

I think the Browns were definitely underwhelming today but I still feel like they're gonna be dangerous down the road and it's only Week 1 but I can see us stealing a game at home to end the regular season.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:19 PM)Ravage Wrote: If the Browns keep playing as undisciplined and deer-in-the-headlights as they did today you can chalk up both of those as W's. They looked good for all of one drive (their opening one) and that was it. Afterwards it was penalties as far as the eye could see, and Mayfield doing his best Jay Cutler (Human INT Machine version) impression in the 4th quarter. Getting blown out by an OK-at-best Titans team, at home, after all the hype was about as Cleveland Browns an opener as I've ever seen from them.

People said all offseason that a football team in Ohio would struggle since their head coach was so ridiculously inexperienced and in over his head. They were just looking at the wrong one.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: If we can just run, this team would be complete. I like the system and the coaches seem competent.

I thought the team was poised, and overall for the first game compared to other teams stinkers I saw some good things.

We basically copied the Rams offense, but we don't have their Top 10 offensive line. Yet...atleast.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:58 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Joe Mixon missed most of the second half plus the Bengals didn't have arguably their best o-lineman in Glenn... I think once Glenn is back in mix we can hope to see improvements in the run game.

Even with Mixon in there was no running game, and Glenn might help things on the O-line but Smith didn't look bad today, it was the other side of the line that was caving in.

Like I said, I saw improvement but it isn't a 10 win team right now.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

The Browns peaked too early this year...

On their 1st drive!  It was all downhill from there.Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: If we can just run, this team would be complete. I like the system and the coaches seem competent.

It looked to me like they expected Seattle to come right out and key on the run which is why we went so pass happy, so I'm willing to give the playcalling a break on the lack of balance this week. But yeah, the running game is the one thing we have yet to see from this offense.

Uzomah was really good today, too! Haven't seen him mentioned yet.
Reply/Quote