Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
C A L M down.
There was tackling. Good tackling. That gives me hope.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Remember we started 4-1 last year with Marvin. There's a chance we might have won this game with him.

Having 429 yards and only 20 points is rough. The redzone offense was questionable.

We couldn’t run the ball at all. Marvin would have kept trying to force the run on 1st/2nd downs and we would have had more 3 and outs than Seattle did today
Reply/Quote
I agree 100%. I actually feel more confident that this team will be competitive after the loss than I did before the game started. I’m excited for the rest of the season and can’t wait to watch our Bengals win more than 6 games for the first time in 3 years
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: 100% agree. No Green and we almost won IMO the toughest game on the schedule. Seattle hasnt lost a home opener in 11 years. Great game for us. We will get better as the year goes on.

That makes thirds for me as they impressed the s**t out of me today, especially after watching some of those morning games. We had a few misses, but this is an entirely brand new system on both sides of the ball and we came within inches of taking the W in Seattle. I see a lot of Dalton hate out there, and he could have played the pressure better, but that's also going to be one of the best defensive lines in the league this season. We may not see another front that talented until we play the Rams. I think we bounce back next week against SF in a big way.  
Reply/Quote
We lost, that's all that matters. Nothing good to take away from that. Until we fix the problem at QB, nothing is going to change.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:55 PM)Tdscott11 Wrote: We lost, that's all that matters. Nothing good to take away from that. Until we fix the problem at QB, nothing is going to change.

Then please feel free to go away until Dalton is replaced.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:55 PM)Tdscott11 Wrote: We lost, that's all that matters. Nothing good to take away from that. Until we fix the problem at QB, nothing is going to change.

No one cares about you anymore, Driskel.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:40 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I agree 100%. I actually feel more confident that this team will be competitive after the loss than I did before the game started. I’m excited for the rest of the season and can’t wait to watch our Bengals win more than 6 games for the first time in 3 years

Man...I want to say we'll be competitive too. I hope we are.

It's just I remember a lot of close losses over the years that gave me hope.

I guess we need to see how they play against SF and Buffalo.
Reply/Quote

You know, statistically we should have won...so then the question is...why did we lose?

Well the TO's are the obvious.

Lack of execution in the Red Zone...some of it was playcalling too.

The missed FG.

I don't know that Dalton could have done too much more.
Reply/Quote
The loss sucked, but boy did we look like a different team under Taylor! I am pretty optimistic!
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You know, statistically we should have won...so then the question is...why did we lose?

Well the TO's are the obvious.

Lack of execution in the Red Zone...some of it was playcalling too.

The missed FG.

I don't know that Dalton could have done too much more.

Shawn Williams basically allowed Tyler Lockett's TD I think too.

I loved the way the D looked in general though. Especially the line.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:37 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There was tackling. Good tackling. That gives me hope.

I like Nick Vigil, but I didn't know had it in him the way he stuck Chris Carson on that 3rd down I believe.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I didn't expect them to do this well at all. It's a shame they lost, but damn, those refs were shit.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
whether good or bad i will call it how it is. I hope to god what i saw today from ross makes me wrong about ross. a couple drops had me irate but the big plays were AWESOME and he seemed to get alot more comfortable as the game went on. Ross look real good and like a real problem for nfl defenses. Just for the love of god stay healthy. I thought Dalton looked oustanding. bottom line outstanding. sharp quick decisions delivered darts. I thought the play calling on offense was awesome. good mixture. the one negative is that gio is not a competent back up running back running the football. i love his toughness in blitz pick up but i worry what losing mixon might do to us if he is out for a while. havent heard anyhting yet tho. i thought the defense play really well. only a couple plays here and there we need to get back and its a whole different game and we just lost by 1 to seattle AT seattle. Randy bullock NEEDS to go. he is garbage that simple. i have zero confidence in him with any kick. the defensive line looks dominant like we thought and sam hubbard might be going to his first of many pro bowls this year. he was all over the field. Also never liked vigil but he looks to have taken a big step this year. preston brown is what he is and if dalton can play like he did today this year forget qb draft the best linebacker in the draft next year. Also bobby hart played very well and it looks like he has become a G at right tackle. he was quick with his feet and kept everything in front of him. i think we need to get price in there at RG and cordy glenn back and i really like that offensive line. I hope pratt can develop. I was just really impressed with our boys today and was very surprised and hopfull for what lies ahead cuz this was a game we shouldve won. WHO DEY good shyt boys!!
Reply/Quote
I feel a lot better about where we are going. John Ross is found money right now. They seem determined to consistently get him the ball, and that might be exactly what he needs to clean up the mistakes that come with the big splashes.

The run game concerns me. We need Mixon to be the player he was last year to keep defenses honest. Not having any threat of a run game hurt them late in today's game. Idk if that's related to the line or just Mixon not getting into a groove early, but they need to figure that one out soon.
Reply/Quote

Wow, he made it a whole 12 posts before being banned.  Impressive how quickly his Dalton hate got stale.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man...I want to say we'll be competitive too. I hope we are.

It's just I remember a lot of close losses over the years that gave me hope.

I guess we need to see how they play against SF and Buffalo.

I feel like this loss gives more hope than any other that I remember in recent history. Both offense and defense looked sharp. They just have to improve on a couple of things that should get better as the year goes on. This was the first game that Taylor was the HC on. With more experience the better he will be with the TOs and game management.

I was hoping for a competitive game, and that's what I got. Not too many people thought we would win. We were very close to beating the best home team in the league.
Reply/Quote
Dre Kirkpatrick needs a code red. Other than that, watch some film, train, learn, beat the 49ers.
Reply/Quote
[quote='Destro' pid='754571' dateline='1567994881']
Dre Kirkpatrick needs a code red. Other than that, watch some film, train, learn, beat the 49ers.
[/quote

Everyone else had a solid game. Wait never mind I just remembered about Webb. Every time he was targeted it was completed.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:43 PM)jason Wrote: Shawn Williams basically allowed Tyler Lockett's TD I think too.

I loved the way the D looked in general though. Especially the line.

Bates.

Bates bit on the PA and wasn't roaming CF.

Had he stayed home, I don't know if Wilson throws that ball, let alone gets a completion.

Shawn had a good game; saw AT LEAST a TFL, maybe 2.

(09-08-2019, 10:48 PM)jason Wrote: I like Nick Vigil, but I didn't know had it in him the way he stuck Chris Carson on that 3rd down I believe.

2nd down.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote