Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C.J. Uzomah at the rookie symposium
http://nflpe.sportsblog.com/posts/2702315/excited-for-what---s-ahead.html

I like this on a few fronts:

- He's articulate - I always prefer guys who respect their education enough to use decent language skills (or at least he's bright enough to have someone edit his blog before he posts)
  - He's got his life priorities straight
  - He's got his football priorities straight as well - he recognizes his most immediate contributions are likely to be on special teams and sounds like he's putting his focus there (still keeping the long-term goal of developing on offense)
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 01:38 PM)felis tigris Wrote: http://nflpe.sportsblog.com/posts/2702315/excited-for-what---s-ahead.html

I like this on a few fronts:

- He's articulate - I always prefer guys who respect their education enough to use decent language skills (or at least he's bright enough to have someone edit his blog before he posts)
  - He's got his life priorities straight
  - He's got his football priorities straight as well - he recognizes his most immediate contributions are likely to be on special teams and sounds like he's putting his focus there (still keeping the long-term goal of developing on offense)
Thanks!!  That was a good read.  I'm hoping he sticks around.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
He seems to be a pretty intelligent guy, but he better be a beast on the field or I will always remember him as the TE we took instead of that 278lb blocking beast from Delaware (selected by the rats three picks later)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 10:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He seems to be a pretty intelligent guy, but he better be a beast on the field or I will always remember him as the TE we took instead of that 278lb blocking beast from Delaware (selected by the rats three picks later)

I wanted Nick Boyle too, but Uzomah has a higher ceiling. It is nice to see that Uzomah understands and accepts his role for this upcoming season and plans to work his butt off to succeed in that role. I think he has the best shot to make the roster as the third TE and will play mostly on ST. He could see some snaps on the offense if an injury happens to one of Eifert, Kroft, or Hewitt.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 11:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I wanted Nick Boyle too, but Uzomah has a higher ceiling. It is nice to see that Uzomah understands and accepts his role for this upcoming season and plans to work his butt off to succeed in that role. I think he has the best shot to make the roster as the third TE and will play mostly on ST. He could see some snaps on the offense if an injury happens to one of Eifert, Kroft, or Hewitt.

Uzomah was turning heads in OTAs apparently.
Reply/Quote
I read this on Rotoworld a couple of days ago about CJ.

Quote:Bengals rookie C.J. Uzomah is competing for the No. 2 tight end job.

Uzomah "seems to have a better handle on things" than fellow rookie Tyler Kroft, who struggled with drops during OTAs. A fifth-round pick, Uzomah has pass-catching upside, but is an inferior blocker to Kroft. Uzomah would need a Tyler Eifert injury to come into fantasy value.

Source: ESPN.com

I will say that I was surprised to read about Kroft struggling with drops.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 05:06 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I read this on Rotoworld a couple of days ago about CJ.

I will say that I was surprised to read about Kroft struggling with drops.

im surprised someone was considering C.J. Uzomah's fantasy value lol they must be in a 20 person league or something.
Reply/Quote