Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
C-Kirk Barron signed
(08-26-2019, 08:16 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I guess Price has plantar fasciitis.

I've had something like that before and it does make running and putting weight on your heel very painful.  Takes a while to heal

It is a *****, but injections and wearing a brace for 30 min before bed helped tremendously.  Then again, my PF wasn't being asked to support 300 lbs and drive block other 300 lb guys.  Hoping he can still come back and be our long term answer at RB.  We all know MIller was a short term fix.

A VERY young line of Williams-Jordan-Hopkins-Price-Hart sounds pretty good to me.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 06:09 PM)pally Wrote: Kirk is a 24-year-old 6 ft 300 lbs UDFA out of Purdue.  Team captain last year, has a masters degree.  A Zak type player in leadership and education.

What this means for Price who knows?  This could be a signing for Thursday only or an early addition to the practice squad

it likely means Hopkins doesn't have to play in PS game 4....    and they need more bodys….    Seems like a PS candiate
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 05:20 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I think that this regime may see a future in Price at RG and Hart at RT.  Those two could blow open strong side holes for years to come if that's the way that they wanted to go.

It won't matter where they play him, so long as his foot is still agonizing him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 06:09 PM)pally Wrote: Kirk is a 24-year-old 6 ft 300 lbs UDFA out of Purdue.  Team captain last year, has a masters degree.  A Zak type player in leadership and education.

What this means for Price who knows?  This could be a signing for Thursday only or an early addition to the practice squad

My thought is this is simply for the last preseason game, as we aren't really going to see Michael Jordan and Trey Hopkins much. Price won't play C the whole game, so they need another C.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
BTFU!
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Even better, this guy is from Purdue, and likely knows how to drive a train.

Hilarious  That actually took me a few seconds to get!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is a *****, but injections and wearing a brace for 30 min before bed helped tremendously.  Then again, my PF wasn't being asked to support 300 lbs and drive block other 300 lb guys.  Hoping he can still come back and be our long term answer at RB.  We all know MIller was a short term fix.

A VERY young line of Williams-Jordan-Hopkins-Price-Hart sounds pretty good to me.  

They're moving Price to RB now???  Hilarious   I know what you mean....
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Possible trade bait for the Pats?  Not likely given the way they hoard draft picks...but I wonder if Price could be a target for them?  He loves OSU players.  

I think they like former Bengals better. Especially in their offensive backfield
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 11:45 AM)sandwedge Wrote: They're moving Price to RB now???  Hilarious   I know what you mean....

who is our fullback?
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 08:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Captain" Kirk

Beat me to it. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Possible trade bait for the Pats?  Not likely given the way they hoard draft picks...but I wonder if Price could be a target for them?  He loves OSU players.  

I'm not having a go at you, just this kind of post in general. We've all seen it many many times over the years. 

Here's the thing; when is the last time a team sustained an injury and traded with the Bengals to shore up that position?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 02:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not having a go at you, just this kind of post in general. We've all seen it many many times over the years. 

Here's the thing; when is the last time a team sustained an injury and traded with the Bengals to shore up that position?

Carson Palmer to the Raiders was a huge trade.  It was brought on by an injury to Jason Campbell.  
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 04:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Carson Palmer to the Raiders was a huge trade.  It was brought on by an injury to Jason Campbell.  

But that was brought on as much if not more than Carson vowing to never play for the Bengals again.

Without that, no trade. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 09:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It won't matter where they play him, so long as his foot is still agonizing him.

Truly hope this is the issue as it is resolvable.  I'm more concerned that he just ain't got it.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 10:54 AM)3wt Wrote: Truly hope this is the issue as it is resolvable.  I'm more concerned that he just ain't got it.

In all honesty, it's tough to be aggressive and knock guys off the ball, when it hurts to plant and push..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 01:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: who is our fullback?

Hubbard
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 10:54 AM)3wt Wrote: Truly hope this is the issue as it is resolvable.  I'm more concerned that he just ain't got it.

Price's foot injury is not just pain, it throws off balance and alters his stance.  Only rest can heal this type of injury.  It is one of those injuries that goes away but can become aggravated with a simple misstep.   It really hurts like hell.

Read this description
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Quote:Maybe he beats out Billy for the backup spot? [Image: VCAuJmN.gif] 

Shit! That's really not that funny.  [Image: m0952.gif]
I'm fine with an UDFA beating out a first round pick if he can do it. It doesn't say much about the 1st round pick, but it does say a lot about scouting these guys. If he turns into a major player for the team in a good way it doesn't say much for Miami for letting him go. 
I'm the type who wants every player for the team to do great be they first rounders or UDFAs. Somebody has to win the job. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 05:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Price's foot injury is not just pain, it throws off balance and alters his stance.  Only rest can heal this type of injury.  It is one of those injuries that goes away but can become aggravated with a simple misstep.   It really hurts like hell.

Read this description

Then, why are they playing and practicing him?

I think he's healed now...just not playing well.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 10:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Then, why are they playing and practicing him?

I think he's healed now...just not playing well.

Not playing as well in pass protection as Hopkins.

No one in the NFL played better than Hopkins in pass protection this Preseason.

I also am coming to the conclusion that Taylor is trying to push his young 1st rounders in Price and Ross.

You won't be a starter if someone plays better, that is the message.

Hope it hits home. Even though i think Ross will start if he is healthy.
Reply/Quote