Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
C'mon Mike. Can't you do anything to pump up your fan base?
Hey Mike Brown. Why can't you do something, anything, to give your fan base something to look forward to? You sit up there in your ivory tower knowing that we want something to look forward to. Whether it be a big free agent signing, a coaching change to someone we can be excited about, or even something as simple as recognizing some of the great players around PBS like the Reds do around Great American Ballpark.

Why can't you see that we are tired of the same old stale off season non actions year after year? Yes, the Bengals went to the Playoffs five years in a row, and I, as many fans do, appreciate that, especially after all the years of futility. But please, do something to peak the fan base's interest. I have watched this FA period come and am amazed at some of the moves certain teams have made. Even the lowly Browns have made moves that have made headlines. Are we going to keep some of these losers like Jones, Peko, and Maualuga?

Please give us something, anything.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 01:09 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Hey Mike Brown. Why can't you do something, anything, to give your fan base something to look forward to? You sit up there in your ivory tower knowing that we want something to look forward to. Whether it be a big free agent signing, a coaching change to someone we can be excited about, or even something as simple as recognizing some of the great players around PBS like the Reds do around Great American Ballpark.

Why can't you see that we are tired of the same old stale off season non actions year after year? Yes, the Bengals went to the Playoffs five years in a row, and I, as many fans do, appreciate that, especially after all the years of futility. But please, do something to peak the fan base's interest. I have watched this FA period come and am amazed at some of the moves certain teams have made. Even the lowly Browns have made moves that have made headlines. Are we going to keep some of these losers like Jones, Peko, and Maualuga?

If Mikey really gave an f-- he'd just leave.

It's time for another boycott and Mikey Brown Step Down campaign.

The guy only knows one thing, that which affects his pocket book.

Reply/Quote
I hear he's putting on the new Chipendales show featuring himself in a G string on the 50 yardline on opening day. 
I can't speak for the rest of you, but I'm not looking forward to it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Der.....he save money.....der
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Sell the ***** team......or you'll get no excitement from me.  My entertainment will now be like it was during the 90s....to laugh and poke fun.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
What do you mean nothing to pump us up?

He signed Dre K

Hell prop that up as the move of the offseason
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 01:09 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Hey Mike Brown. Why can't you do something, anything, to give your fan base something to look forward to? You sit up there in your ivory tower knowing that we want something to look forward to. Whether it be a big free agent signing, a coaching change to someone we can be excited about, or even something as simple as recognizing some of the great players around PBS like the Reds do around Great American Ballpark.

I truly believe he despises the fans.
Reply/Quote
What gets me....is we have some really great people as players....Mike Clown not only owes it to us...he owes it to them.  I'll cheer for my team.....but Son of Paul gets no love....or no coin.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
He's giving a free popcorn coupon with season ticket orders. Hurry, they're going fast!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 10:20 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: He's giving a free popcorn coupon with season ticket orders.  Hurry, they're going fast!

Wow, he's trying that again? lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown extended the winningest coach in Bengals history. Twice.

Doesn't that make you want to save money to buy season tickets?
Reply/Quote
I can't fathom being that late in life, having accomplished nothing in 26 years as owner/GM, being reviled by your fan base, a laughing stock amongst NFL fans, and still being unwilling to change. And that's the maddening part, that he's never going to change. So for that stubbornness, he can slide into oblivion any moment now, as far as I'm concerned. **** him.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The only thing he can do at this point is sell the team. If he can't afford to run it like a real NFL franchise, he should sell it.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 10:46 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The only thing he can do at this point is sell the team.  If he can't afford to run it like a real NFL franchise, he should sell it.

There are no repercussions for running it in the manner he has, so why sell?  He inherited a license to print money. 

His death is the only hope we have for change.  Even then his daughter may believe it takes no football acumen to be successful and you can exploit fans' loyalty while making no effort whatsoever and still clean up.  I'm sure that lesson hasn't been lost on her.  Any hope we have for a brighter tomorrow rests on Katie being a more conscientious owner than her father. 

God help us. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 11:09 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: There are no repercussions for running it in the manner he has, so why sell?  He inherited a license to print money. 

His death is the only hope we have for change.  Even then his daughter may believe it takes no football acumen to be successful and you can exploit fans' loyalty while making no effort whatsoever and still clean up.  I'm sure that lesson hasn't been lost on her.  Any hope we have for a brighter tomorrow rests on Katie being a more conscientious owner than her father. 

God help us. 

I can't disagree with any of this.  
Reply/Quote
On the bright side, it will be possible to buy a nose bleed seat and sit pretty much wherever you want.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 11:09 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: There are no repercussions for running it in the manner he has, so why sell?  He inherited a license to print money. 

God help us. 

I don't know what kind of owner Katie will be when she eventually gets the chance, but she was quoted as saying, "I think my dad knows as much about football as anyone out there".  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 02:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't know what kind of owner Katie will be when she eventually gets the chance, but she was quoted as saying, "I think my dad knows as much about football as anyone out there".  Ninja

In all due fairness what's she going to say? My Dad is doing a terrible job and it takes everything I have to keep the team afloat.  He's her dad and her boss.  Name any job where you can publicly show descention among the ranks and there will be no repurcussions?
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 02:55 PM)Bronze Bengal Wrote: In all due fairness what's she going to say? My Dad is doing a terrible job and it takes everything I have to keep the team afloat.  He's her dad and her boss.  Name any job where you can publicly show descention among the ranks and there will be no repurcussions?

You're taking the post a little too seriously brother. Just poking a little fun at it, which I generally due with the topic of Mike Brown.   Smirk

BTW, welcome to the board!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 02:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't know what kind of owner Katie will be when she eventually gets the chance, but she was quoted as saying, "I think my dad knows as much about football as anyone out there".  Ninja

Exactly.  Apple.  Tree.  etc.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote