Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB AJ Bouye visiting PBS
CB AJ Bouye, 29, formerly of the Broncos will be paying a visit to PBS. He spent some time this weekend in Vegas visiting the Raiders. He was a cap casualty in Feb after an admittedly tough 2020. If signed he will be finishing off a 6 game suspension for PED and will miss the first 2 games

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 06:31 PM)pally Wrote: CB AJ Bouye, 29,  formerly of the Broncos will be paying a visit to PBS.  He spent some time this weekend in Vegas visiting the Raiders.  He was a cap casualty in Feb after an admittedly tough 2020.  If signed he will be finishing off a 6 game suspension for PED and will miss the first 2 games

Darius Phillips is good for about 2 to 4 games a season so that would give the Bengals an Boundary corner until Bouye is off suspension. Ninja
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He hasn’t been very good the past couple of years. I wouldn’t be over the moon about this signing.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 06:39 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He hasn’t been very good the past couple of years. I wouldn’t be over the moon about this signing.

If he can get back to form, this is a solid addition
Reply/Quote
Yawn. How many teams has he played for now?
Decent depth piece but not a CB that can.shut down.WRs
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't love the signing, but I wouldn't hate it either. I don't think he's a top tier starting CB anymore, but with Waynes on a huge price tag, we can't really afford a second top tier starting CB in free agency anyway. Not with the needs we have elsewhere that should probably be filled via free agency rather than the draft.
Reply/Quote
Webb 2.0

Reply/Quote
He'd most likely be a stop-gap player if we signed him. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Is he better than what he have. Yes. So shut up and sign him
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 10:20 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Is he better than what he have.  Yes.  So shut up and sign him

comparing to who?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 10:48 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: comparing to who?

Most definitely better than LeShaun Simms..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 11:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Most definitely better than LeShaun Simms..

Yeah of course better than a scrub  but who would he be replacing on the roster... And does it mean Jackson is likely gone.
Reply/Quote
Dumpster dive.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 01:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dumpster dive.

Ex-pro bowler who has been a starter for the last 5 straight years.  Still just 29.

May not be elite, but far from a "dumpster dive".
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 02:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ex-pro bowler who has been a starter for the last 5 straight years.  Still just 29.

May not be elite, but far from a "dumpster dive".

It's the type of signing the Bengals have been making for too many years. "Starter" doesn't mean anything to me if your last two seasons have netted passer ratings against of 102.9 and 103.8 with 5 tds given up, only 1 interception and 13 passes defensed with 8 penalties and 3 others declined, combined. 

64.6 completion percentage and 1,023 yards given up in the last year and a half. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He may not be what he once was, but he is still better than Sims or the rest of what we tossed out there the last game of the season.

As long as he isn't signed to replace WJIII this is fine.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 11:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Webb 2.0

I certainly hope not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 11:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Webb 2.0

Just a few years ago, Bouye was elite.
I don't think Webb was ever elite.
Bouye could be a quality stopgap signing, but we probably shouldn't expect a high level of performance since he's not been good the past couple years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Here's the thing...it's the first day of legal tampering, 2.5 hrs in. You don't want the Bengals wasting time on guys further down the roster. You want them contacting top(ish) end starters to fill critical needs. Then several days in, when the lists get thinned out, you go looking for guys further down the roster to strengthen it. 

If they see Bouye as a top end replacement...

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 03:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here's the thing...it's the first day of legal tampering, 2.5 hrs in. You don't want the Bengals wasting time on guys further down the roster. You want them contacting top(ish) end starters to fill critical needs. Then several days in, when the lists get thinned out, you go looking for guys further down the roster to strengthen it. 

If they see Bouye as a top end replacement...

Bouye was brought in before legal tampering since he was released.

This was a guy they could approach pre Monday and try to work something out before the big time action started. Not a bad move as long as he is signed for a depth piece.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote