Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB Brian Poole to visit
26 year old slot CB from Atlanta.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/13/brian-poole-scheduled-to-meet-with-bengals/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He's good on the CB blitz.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like this visit.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
We sign Poole, that’s pretty much it for Dennard
Reply/Quote
[Image: kicking-tires.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
61.7 grade of PFF which ranked as the #84 CB.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:04 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 61.7 grade of PFF which ranked as the #84 CB.

What's the highest number for a slot corner.  Don't slot corners get kinda hosed by those rankings?  Also, what was Dennard's?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:07 AM)McC Wrote: What's the highest number for a slot corner.  Don't slot corners get kinda hosed by those rankings?  Also, what was Dennard's?

Dennard had 68.2 which was number 52 for cornerbacks.  I think that the interest in Marshall lead to the signing of brown at linebacker.  The same could be true here with signing Dennard it's a better alternative than waiting on the Falcons to match Poole.
Reply/Quote
The majority of the board:

If we sign him he's terrible

If we don't he's great
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:19 AM)phil413 Wrote: Dennard had 68.2 which was number 52 for cornerbacks.  I think that the interest in Marshall lead to the signing of brown at linebacker.  The same could be true here with signing Dennard it's a better alternative than waiting on the Falcons to match Poole.

The Falcons didn't tender Poole. He's free to sign with whoever he wants. Considering the lowest tender was $2 million, it doesn't say much for what the Falcons thought of him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:42 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Falcons didn't tender Poole. He's free to sign with whoever he wants. Considering the lowest tender was $2 million, it doesn't say much for what the Falcons thought of him.

Thanks for the correction, that does say a lot.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:42 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Falcons didn't tender Poole. He's free to sign with whoever he wants. Considering the lowest tender was $2 million, it doesn't say much for what the Falcons thought of him.

If the Falcons didn’t like him, the Bengals will. He grades out low, Mike will throw big money at him. These are the Bengal type of big splash deals in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:25 PM)pally Wrote: 26 year old slot CB from Atlanta.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/13/brian-poole-scheduled-to-meet-with-bengals/

Unfortunately this probably means the Bengals are low balling Dennard. Poole is not on Dennard's level.

But Poole is probably better than the late round depth we have at the corner position.

We'll need to sign Dennard or someone else cause I really don't see us drafting a starting corner.

Reply/Quote
Alright...That's a wrap. Thanks for your support in yet another stellar Bengals FA season. That's the show, good nite everybody, drive safe and don't forget to tip your waitress.

Sincerely
Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
61.7 that’s perfect in Tobins eyes
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Talked to a Falcons fan and he said Poole is very up and down. Great at blitzing but will allow a big play at the wrong time and last year was his worst season in coverage.

I rather take a flyer on Jason Verrett. High-level player but always injured so he should come cheap. BW Webb was mentioned awhile ago because of the Anarumo connection.
Reply/Quote
So this cheap team won’t bring Dennard back but will go after this bum
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 02:58 AM)Whodey614 Wrote: Talked to a Falcons fan and he said Poole is very up and down. Great at blitzing but will allow a big play at the wrong time and last year was his worst season in coverage.

I rather take a flyer on Jason Verrett. High-level player but always injured so he should come cheap. BW Webb was mentioned awhile ago because of the Anarumo connection.
I'm not going judge a player much on fans perspective since they are not a NFL coach or much less understand the schemes of teams especially game plan, coverage assigned on a specific play.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The majority of the board:

If we sign him he's terrible

If we don't he's great

Lol all off season it's been "Dennard isnt worth more than 6 million a year". Now hearing it's probably closer to 10 million a year average "the Bengals are to cheap to bring him back".
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 07:28 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I'm not going judge a player much on fans perspective since they are not a NFL coach or much less understand the schemes of teams especially game plan, coverage assigned on a specific play.

Yes, but everything I've read on him pretty much verifies what that fan said, so.....

If Denard is gone, he'd do in a pinch. When I read a synopsis on him a couple days ago in a FA article, I kinda felt he screamed Bengals FA. He's not a bad player, but he did struggle a little last year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote