Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB Jalen Davis- 1 year extension
Bengals have extended CB Jalen Davis for another year. No details yet but he made less than a million last year. He played in 6 games last year when they were scraping the bottom of the barrel last season. He will be borderline to make the active squad

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 05:25 PM)pally Wrote: Bengals have extended CB Jalen Davis for another year.  No details yet but he made less than a million last year.  He played in 6 games last year when they were scraping the bottom of the barrel last season.  He will be borderline to make the active squad

I liked him a heck of a lot better then that other guy, Sims.
Reply/Quote
I didn't even realize the Bengals had a CB named Jalen Davis on the team...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Top priority signing right up there with Trenton Irwin.
Reply/Quote
I think he is the one when I saw him getting burnt that made me say who? Didn’t even know he was on the team
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 01:24 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think he is the one when I saw him getting burnt that made me say who? Didn’t even know he was on the team

Still, at least I saw Jalen Davis make some good plays.

LeShaun Sims was the guy I saw getting torched anytime he played.
Reply/Quote
yeah Sims was horrible!!! pff rating of 43, and he allowed an 80% completion rate!!! yessh!
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 05:25 PM)pally Wrote: Bengals have extended CB Jalen Davis for another year.  No details yet but he made less than a million last year.  He played in 6 games last year when they were scraping the bottom of the barrel last season.  He will be borderline to make the active squad

depth for camp at the least....  Depth for season at the most.
Reply/Quote
With no guarantee we re-sign Alexander and/or WJIII, and not enough draft picks to fix all holes, we are going to have to gamble on some flyers. Davis at least got some good time with the team and they should know what they may be getting from a potential standpoint.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 03:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: depth for camp at the least....  Depth for season at the most.

Every time someone says that now-a-days I immediately think of when the team signed Bobby Hart to a 1 year deal. I cringe.

Reply/Quote
I don't remember Davis doing anything. Probably because he really only played two games on defense (51 snaps in the loss to Pitt, and 20 snaps in the final Ravens game)

I think everyone remembers seeing Sims mess up more often just because he played so many more snaps on defense (606).

Based on the amount of playing time each has gotten over their career I assume Sims is the better player. He played over 1200 snaps for the Titans in 4 seasons before coming to the Bengals. Davis was with Miami and Arizona before coming to the Bengals but he only got 60 defensive snaps in 2 seasons.
Reply/Quote
Well here’s our backup plan for WJIII smh
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 11:02 AM)Housh Wrote: Well here’s our backup plan for WJIII smh

Spotrac lists the contract at 850k
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 11:02 AM)Housh Wrote: Well here’s our backup plan for WJIII smh

No its not, Jalen Davis is a depth player.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 03:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No its not, Jalen Davis is a depth player.

Yet sadly i think back to when Bobby Hart was signed and how i and others commented that it was a "camp body" thing.   Sad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 10:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yet sadly i think back to when Bobby Hart was signed and how i and others commented that it was a "camp body" thing.   Sad

We aren't going to forget about Corner in FA. No frickin' way. I think we let WJ3 go cause he wants big money and we get a 
quality Corner like Roby, Trufant or one of the other many good Corners on the market that can actually pick off the QB.

Bring back Alexander as our Slot Corner also of course.

Hart I see finally being cut and being replaced by a better pass blocker at RT. We will see though. 

There have been a lot of head scratchers, Hart being one of them as he is a bad pass blocker. Need to protect Burrow and all
the offensive coaches have said that is the biggest priority this Offseason.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 11:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We aren't going to forget about Corner in FA. No frickin' way. I think we let WJ3 go cause he wants big money and we get a 
quality Corner like Roby, Trufant or one of the other many good Corners on the market that can actually pick off the QB.

Bring back Alexander as our Slot Corner also of course.

Hart I see finally being cut and being replaced by a better pass blocker at RT. We will see though. 

There have been a lot of head scratchers, Hart being one of them as he is a bad pass blocker. Need to protect Burrow and all
the offensive coaches have said that is the biggest priority this Offseason.

Only 10 days left till shopping commences and i can't help but feel a little...anticipatory, in a positive way, though i'm trying to push it down until we see what the actual results will be. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 10:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yet sadly i think back to when Bobby Hart was signed and how i and others commented that it was a "camp body" thing.   Sad

The Cincinnati Camp Bodies
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 11:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Cincinnati Camp Bodies

I can already see the sponsored 'Camp Washington Chili' patches on the new unis. 

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 11:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Only 10 days left till shopping commences and i can't help but feel a little...anticipatory, in a positive way, though i'm trying to push it down until we see what the actual results will be. 

After last FA and to see where our cap sits and to hear what the FO and coaches are saying I am expecting more than usual.
Reply/Quote