Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
CB-Patrick Peterson
Per Pff.com

Minnesota Viking's CB- Patrick Peterson turned back the clock in 2022 and recorded one of the best years of his career, producing an 82.5 coverage grade, 66.8 passer rating when targeted, and nine pass breakups. With Brian Flores’s heavy man coverage scheme coming to town, it’s likely that the 33-year-old Peterson won’t fit in their plans. Enter the Cincinnati Bengals, whose zone-heavy scheme would be similar to what he was running with the Vikings for most of his tenure there. He could complement Cam Taylor-Britt and form an excellent trio with Mike Hilton rounding out the group.

Also, let's not forget about Eli Apple.
Reply/Quote
Guess Chido retired
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 06:22 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Guess Chido retired

Yep. More 30,000 feet analysis from folks who don't know beans about the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
I have no idea why we’d do this unless he came in CHEAP

If he excels in man idk how he’d work here because don’t we run heavy zone and rarely blitz?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 07:57 PM)Housh Wrote: I have no idea why we’d do this unless he came in CHEAP

If he excels in man idk how he’d work here because don’t we run heavy zone and rarely blitz?

The article suggests he excels in zone and Minny just switched to man.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 06:22 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Guess Chido retired

Hes also coming off a major injury, so its not the worst idea to have someone start while he eases into the line up
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
After the whole Waynes situation I'm a little leery of CBs from Minnesota. Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 08:17 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: After the whole Waynes situation I'm a little leery of CBs from Minnesota.   Tongue

We signed 2 of their CBs that year. I don't remember much about the other one either.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 08:16 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Hes also coming off a major injury, so its not the worst idea to have someone start while he eases into the line up

And let’s say we’re all wrong and Chido is back to form next year

So what

Now we got two decent corners
-Housh
Reply/Quote
He's certainly the kind of player you could get on a one-year ring chasing deal.

He's older, but so was Terrance Newman when he came in here and played solid football.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 09:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We signed 2 of their CBs that year. I don't remember much about the other one either.

Mackensie Alexander

Mack had a really good year in the Leon/Mike Hilton role and had the nice pick of 'berger where he high-stepped in the game that turned things around.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I remember when he came into the league and wanting to draft him so badly!

We have a solid group of corners when healthy but you can never have too many good corners in this league.

Obviously don't break the bank but he might come cheap because he wants a ring!

SIGN HIM!
Reply/Quote
If we signed him I’d worry about Chico’s recovery
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 08:16 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Hes also coming off a major injury, so its not the worst idea to have someone start while he eases into the line up

Exactly, we don't know if Chido will be 100% and he may not be until or after our bye week.  I've heard many say we need to draft a CB 2 or 3rd round.  If this guy excels in zone packages, then that'll open the window for us to draft an LB if Pratt goes (T.Simpson), a 3-round FS if Bates goes (J.Battle), or even a TE  if there's a high quality one lurking around at 2 or 3.  
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 09:56 PM)samhain Wrote: He's certainly the kind of player you could get on a one-year ring chasing deal.

He's older, but so was Terrance Newman when he came in here and played solid football.

Yeah the Bengals proved to the league they aren't a fluke and chasers see their talent. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailynorseman.com/platform/amp/2021/3/21/22341959/patrick-peterson-to-safety

This idea was tossed around, but would they be interested in him as a FS fallback? At worst, he could replace Flowers as a TE weapon and give stability if Chido isn't 100% as others have mentioned.  What would the price be?
Reply/Quote
Patrick Peterson was one of the CBs available last year people on the forum were talking about. We didnt sign him last year so I doubt we would go after him this year being a year older. If he came at the right price we should take a look however.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 09:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We signed 2 of their CBs that year. I don't remember much about the other one either.

I believe he beat up a guy who left his Dad behind to be missing outdoors and everyone was like "Yup, you're totally in the right to do so."

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Pass. Old corners aren’t good.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 01:24 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Pass. Old corners aren’t good.

Sometimes they make great safeties. Or there’s the aforementioned Newman, solid for years.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
If he comes here ring chasing, he's more than welcome. He played for a 1yr/$4m deal last year. I would gladly match that to make it less likely we see Tre Flowers or Dax Hill at CB again in 2023. Great insurance in case Awuzie isn't 100% to start the season, too.

Can never have enough quality CBs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote