Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS 3 Round Picks
#1 is Burrow and that won't change

#2 they have Bengals taking Linebacker Kenneth Murray, 6'3", 241 lbs, Oklahoma

# 3 they have Bengals taking edge rusher Darrell Taylor of Tennessee. However a couple picks later they have Jets taking an OT. I say Bengals worst O Line in NFL needs a blocker in one of top three picks if we ever plan on winning any games again. So I'm all for Bengals taking the Offensive Tackle and his name is Prince Tega Wanogho, 6'5", 308 lbs, Auburn. We bookend the SEC Auburn guy with the SEC Alabama Jonah Williams.

So Burrow at QB. We get at top LB to start 2. We get a top OT to start 3 which we really need more than edge rusher. We have NO BLOCKING. To me, we get 3 needs areas right off the bat by first pick in 3. We want Burrow, we have needed to draft a top LB for years now, and the worst O Line in NFL needs an early draft pick. I like the idea of Bookend SEC Tackles, it just sounds right with the SEC Heisman QB.

For me it's Burrow, Murray, Wanogho in the first 3 Bengals picks. QB, LB, OT.

Williams will be Left Tackle. Wanogho can develop at Right Tackle. He should be a big help to run blocking right away, and better running game should open up passing game. If we can run the ball off tackle Left or Right, the edge rushers can't just blow in on Burrow full speed ahead. I have no problems with a blocker who was very good for Auburn, they play top notch football. The Alabama and Auburn connection at OT sounds right, with LSU QB, and lets not forget how tough Mixon will be if we get Better Blocking.

So we get a LB, we get Heisman Superstar QB, but as in The Longest Yard, get blocking to PROTECT THE SUPERSTAR. Mixon, Green, Boyd Ross will get more yards with improved blocking so defense doesn't blow up our playbook X's and O's.

If not Wanogho, then Matt Pearl CBS has taken early in 3 also, but get this team some Blocking. Either Wanogho or Pearl in 3. I have to think SEC is great training for tough teams every week of NFL, so I lean towards the Auburn pick.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
With all the additions on Defense in FA, I'm thinking the Bengals are leaning more towards this route:

-trade down in the 2nd for an extra 3rd rd pick

1) Burrow

2) Lucas Niang-OT TCU

3) Malik Harrison-MLB- Ohio ST.

3) Jordan Brooks-OLB- Texas Tech

- I think they go into the draft trading back to upgrade the LB core with youth, while adding an offensive Lineman early to protect Burrow.

4th-WR
5th-S/CB
6th- DE/Edge
7th-WR/OG
Reply/Quote
I like Taylor. He has a very high ceiling but is dragged down by injuries and medical issues though. Maybe Fred has more to add since he played at Tennessee.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 05:22 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: With all the additions on Defense in FA, I'm thinking the Bengals are leaning more towards this route:

1) Burrow

2) Lucas Niang-OT TCU

- I think they go into the draft trading back to upgrade the LB core with youth, while adding an offensive Lineman early to protect Burrow.

4th-WR
5th-S/CB
6th- DE/Edge
7th-WR/OG
Would love to see it fall that way!
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 04:18 AM)kevin Wrote: #1 is Burrow and that won't change

#2 they have Bengals taking Linebacker Kenneth Murray, 6'3", 241 lbs, Oklahoma

# 3 they have Bengals taking edge rusher Darrell Taylor of Tennessee.  However a couple picks later they have Jets taking an OT. I say Bengals worst O Line in NFL needs a blocker in one of top three picks if we ever plan on winning any games again.  So I'm all for Bengals taking the Offensive Tackle and his name is Prince Tega Wanogho, 6'5", 308 lbs, Auburn.  We bookend the SEC Auburn guy with the SEC Alabama Jonah Williams.

So Burrow at QB.  We get at top LB to start 2.  We get a top OT to start 3 which we really need more than edge rusher.  We have NO BLOCKING.  To me, we get 3 needs areas right off the bat by first pick in 3.  We want Burrow, we have needed to draft a top LB for years now, and the worst O Line in NFL needs an early draft pick. I like the idea of Bookend SEC Tackles, it just sounds right with the SEC Heisman QB.

For me it's Burrow, Murray, Wanogho in the first 3 Bengals picks.  QB, LB, OT.

Williams will be Left Tackle.  Wanogho can develop at Right Tackle. He should be a big help to run blocking right away, and better running game should open up passing game. If we can run the ball off tackle Left or Right, the edge rushers can't just blow in on Burrow full speed ahead. I have no problems with a blocker who was very good for Auburn, they play top notch football. The Alabama and Auburn connection at OT sounds right, with LSU QB, and lets not forget how tough Mixon will be if we get Better Blocking.

So we get a LB, we get Heisman Superstar QB, but as in The Longest Yard, get blocking to PROTECT THE SUPERSTAR.  Mixon, Green, Boyd Ross will get more yards with improved blocking so defense doesn't blow up our playbook X's and O's.

If not Wanogho, then Matt Pearl CBS has taken early in 3 also, but get this team some Blocking.  Either Wanogho or Pearl in 3.  I have to think SEC is great training for tough teams every week of NFL, so I lean towards the Auburn pick.

God I hope we take OG Logan Stenberg in the 3rd. I dont think any DE is worth a crap in the mid rounds. Stenberg is a phenomenal run blocker. I hope we get Patrick Queen in the 2nd but I'd settle with Murray.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 05:22 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: With all the additions on Defense in FA, I'm thinking the Bengals are leaning more towards this route:

1) Burrow

2) Lucas Niang-OT TCU

4th-WR
5th-S/CB
6th- DE/Edge
7th-WR/OG

Almost every mock I have done has a slide back in Rd 2 so I can get both the LB and the SS in Rd 3.  I didn't address the offensive line until Rd 4 with Lewis, the forklift RG from LSU.  I don't see a guy like Niang or Wanogho taking the job from Hart in year 1 anyways.  We have to understand the Bengals see Hart as less of a liability than we do, but they clearly want other options at RG.  

With XSF signing, I can't help but wonder if he won't start at LG and have Jordan move to RG.  XSF's one big strength appears to be his mobility and striking on the move...and the Bengals did a lot more pulling guard play with great success down the stretch for Mixon.  

Either way, like LB, they need some serious depth on the line.  

I actually won't draft a LB in rd 2 unless it is Queen or Murray...I am not reaching to a lesser talent for a position like LB.  They should be able to get an immediate starter at WR in Rd 2 if Queen and Murray are gone.  
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 10:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Almost every mock I have done has a slide back in Rd 2 so I can get both the LB and the SS in Rd 3.  I didn't address the offensive line until Rd 4 with Lewis, the forklift RG from LSU.  I don't see a guy like Niang or Wanogho taking the job from Hart in year 1 anyways.  We have to understand the Bengals see Hart as less of a liability than we do, but they clearly want other options at RG.  

With XSF signing, I can't help but wonder if he won't start at LG and have Jordan move to RG.  XSF's one big strength appears to be his mobility and striking on the move...and the Bengals did a lot more pulling guard play with great success down the stretch for Mixon.  

I actually won't draft a LB in rd 2 unless it is Queen or Murray...I am not reaching to a lesser talent for a position like LB.  They should be able to get an immediate starter at WR in Rd 2 if Queen and Murray are gone.  
Exactly!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 10:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Almost every mock I have done has a slide back in Rd 2 so I can get both the LB and the SS in Rd 3.  I didn't address the offensive line until Rd 4 with Lewis, the forklift RG from LSU.  I don't see a guy like Niang or Wanogho taking the job from Hart in year 1 anyways.  We have to understand the Bengals see Hart as less of a liability than we do, but they clearly want other options at RG.  

Good points, but the Worst O Line in the NFL needs help way before Round 4, really before Round 3.  Still , Burrow and Murray would be good picks.  So in 3, an OT.  Lets not over rate Hart.  Lets not over rate the Worst O Line in NFL.   Plus, Jonah is coming off injury.  We go in Very Weak at OT.   We were so WEAK at OT, we brought Andre Smith back. Let's not go there again.  Many can play Guard.  Tackles are few and if we don't get one in 3, we won't get one that will help very much.  Wanagho of Auburn is good, needs some coaching up, but CBS has him taken early in 3 by Jets.  The heck with the Jets, our O Line is worse than theirs. We should grab him.   As for Hart, he has played guard, could be back-up OT, but we can do better at starting RT. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 01:05 PM)kevin Wrote: Good points, but the Worst O Line in the NFL needs help way before Round 4, really before Round 3.  Still , Burrow and Murray would be good picks.  So in 3, an OT.  Lets not over rate Hart.  Lets not over rate the Worst O Line in NFL.   Plus, Jonah is coming off injury.  We go in Very Weak at OT.   We were so WEAK at OT, we brought Andre Smith back. Let's not go there again.  Many can play Guard.  Tackles are few and if we don't get one in 3, we won't get one that will help very much.  Wanagho of Auburn is good, needs some coaching up, but CBS has him taken early in 3 by Jets.  The heck with the Jets, our O Line is worse than theirs. We should grab him.   As for Hart, he has played guard, could be back-up OT, but we can do better at starting RT. 

We do not have close to the worst OL in the league.  Last year, we ranked 23rd in sacks allowed, 11th in QB hits allowed, and 24th in YPC.  Those aren't great numbers, but we're as close be being middle of the pack as we are to being the worst in the league.  
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 01:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: We do not have close to the worst OL in the league.  Last year, we ranked 23rd in sacks allowed, 11th in QB hits allowed, and 24th in YPC.  Those aren't great numbers, but we're as close be being middle of the pack as we are to being the worst in the league.  

Narratives die hard.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 01:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: We do not have close to the worst OL in the league.  Last year, we ranked 23rd in sacks allowed, 11th in QB hits allowed, and 24th in YPC.  Those aren't great numbers, but we're as close be being middle of the pack as we are to being the worst in the league.  

That scheme change did wonders and with Jonah finally playing, adding XSF and us drafting a Guard in this deep class we 
will be muchly improved. Also Fred Johnson might be decent from the little people saw of him last year, said he was good.

Also I heard we are interested in Jason Peters. Would love to sign him to a 2 year deal to mentor Fred Johnson or another 
early round pick next year. I like SHRacer's thought of Damien Lewis at RG for us in the mid rounds in this Draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 01:05 PM)kevin Wrote: Good points, but the Worst O Line in the NFL needs help way before Round 4, really before Round 3.  Still , Burrow and Murray would be good picks.  So in 3, an OT.  Lets not over rate Hart.  Lets not over rate the Worst O Line in NFL.   Plus, Jonah is coming off injury.  We go in Very Weak at OT.   We were so WEAK at OT, we brought Andre Smith back. Let's not go there again.  Many can play Guard.  Tackles are few and if we don't get one in 3, we won't get one that will help very much.  Wanagho of Auburn is good, needs some coaching up, but CBS has him taken early in 3 by Jets.  The heck with the Jets, our O Line is worse than theirs. We should grab him.   As for Hart, he has played guard, could be back-up OT, but we can do better at starting RT. 

I am trying to see things through the Bengal's eyes, and they are not as down on Hart as the rest of us....and with good reason.  They saw him dramatically improve in reducing the killer penalty.   He also is durable.  And they have Johnson to push him at that spot.  I think Lewis may be available in Rd 4 (at the top) but only because of the talent at QB, WR, CB, etc.  Guard just isn't valued as highly as OT and the other positions listed.  Unless someone is a can't miss like Quentin Nelson, most guards will end up past the first few rounds.  

I remember thinking the Bengal's offensive line was pathetic and that was why we never had a running game, and then Corey Dillon arrived.  I remember thinking that was why David Klingler didn't have time to read a defense, and then Jeff Blake arrived.  Burrow is going to make every player on that offense better.  Simply having a healthy  Pray AJ Green out there changes the way defenses will have to approach the Bengals.  Have we even had Green, Ross, and Mixon on the field at the same time?  And Boyd in the slot?  I don't worry about the offense nearly as much as I do the middle of the defense.  Getting a speedly LB to patrol the sidelines and a ball hawking safety combined with an already solid D-line and secondary will go a long way to making this team contenders. 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:35 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am trying to see things through the Bengal's eyes, and they are not as down on Hart as the rest of us....and with good reason.  They saw him dramatically improve in reducing the killer penalty.   He also is durable.  And they have Johnson to push him at that spot.  I think Lewis may be available in Rd 4 (at the top) but only because of the talent at QB, WR, CB, etc.  Guard just isn't valued as highly as OT and the other positions listed.  Unless someone is a can't miss like Quentin Nelson, most guards will end up past the first few rounds.  

I remember thinking the Bengal's offensive line was pathetic and that was why we never had a running game, and then Corey Dillon arrived.  I remember thinking that was why David Klingler didn't have time to read a defense, and then Jeff Blake arrived.  Burrow is going to make every player on that offense better.  Simply having a healthy  Pray AJ Green out there changes the way defenses will have to approach the Bengals.  Have we even had Green, Ross, and Mixon on the field at the same time?  And Boyd in the slot?  I don't worry about the offense nearly as much as I do the middle of the defense.  Getting a speedly LB to patrol the sidelines and a ball hawking safety combined with an already solid D-line and secondary will go a long way to making this team contenders. 

With adding Reader, Bynes and Bell to the Defense and Pratt patrolling I could see this changing for the good brother. Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With adding Reader, Bynes and Bell to the Defense and Pratt patrolling I could see this changing for the good brother. Cool

I'm doing proverbial backflips over this signing.  That is every level of the defense now upgraded.  That means the draft picks won't HAVE to start day 1.  Although I am really hoping a guy like Queen or Murray falls.  They don't make athletes like that very often that are also intense alpha dogs.  

Jesus, while I am dreaming about it:  

What if the Bengals could get Burrow, Queen, Claypool, and Lewis in the first four rounds?  3 LSU tigers and a fighting irish!  Damn, I think I need a cigarette. 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:49 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm doing proverbial backflips over this signing.  That is every level of the defense now upgraded.  That means the draft picks won't HAVE to start day 1.  Although I am really hoping a guy like Queen or Murray falls.  They don't make athletes like that very often that are also intense alpha dogs.  

What if the Bengals could get Burrow, Queen, Claypool, and Lewis in the first four rounds?  3 LSU tigers and a fighting irish!  Damn, I think I need a cigarette. 

Would love that, the Draft is pretty much open now. Queen doesn't have much production but he has crazy upside and just came 
into his own late last season. He is great in coverage and cleaned up his tackling and was laying the wood late last season against
the best teams in college. Claypool and Lewis to help Burrow would probably be ideal.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With adding Reader, Bynes and Bell to the Defense and Pratt patrolling I could see this changing for the good brother. Cool

Reader will prevent running up the middle and all these mad tackling DB's will stop the outside gashing.  Add a  LB or even two who can cover, and damn if we won't have a defense to be reckoned with.  

Now maybe you've eased the pressure for your rookie QB to have to score thirty a game. 

The hand in hand approach.  Looks for all the world like somebody made a plan.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:22 PM)McC Wrote: Reader will prevent running up the middle and all these mad tackling DB's will stop the outside gashing.  Add a  LB or even two who can cover, and damn if we won't have a defense to be reckoned with.  

Now maybe you've eased the pressure for your rookie QB to have to score thirty a game. 

The hand in hand approach.  Looks for all the world like somebody made a plan.

So true, very well thought out and going all out to get this team on the right track is what they have done.

I thought we would be more active than usual but this has been insane to say the least this Offseason in a great way.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true, very well thought out and going all out to get this team on the right track is what they have done.

I thought we would be more active than usual but this has been insane to say the least this Offseason in a great way.

I'm speechless, which makes this a happy day around my house indeed. I couldn't be happier if my dogs dug up a gold mine in my back yard.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:49 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm doing proverbial backflips over this signing.  That is every level of the defense now upgraded.  That means the draft picks won't HAVE to start day 1.  Although I am really hoping a guy like Queen or Murray falls.  They don't make athletes like that very often that are also intense alpha dogs.  

Just saw Charlie Casserly's mock draft 2.0 and he has Queen and Baun falling out of the 1st rd. So there is a possibility of your 1 & 2 working out.
My problem with Claypool is, I've never seen him play. Obviously tremendous size and speed, but is he a football player or just a very good athlete?
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:17 PM)McC Wrote: I'm speechless, which makes this a happy day around my house indeed.  I couldn't be happier if my dogs dug up a gold mine in my back yard.

Yes, going to be a very exciting season. 

I have wanted us to do something similar to this for years but never expected to go all out like this.

I don't know if even I would of went this all out. Says a lot. This Defense will improve big time regardless with these moves.

And the Offense will improve simply cause of Burrow and the Line improving and we cannot always have that bad of luck with injuries. Losing your #1 WR and your #1 LT in your first season as a HC with other inexperienced coaches was just a death blow.

Now we can judge Zac Taylor fairly and in his first real season of building his team, the Defense sure has been upgraded immensely with tacklers all over the place.

And ST's has been upgraded as well which was #1 in the NFL last season.
Reply/Quote