Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An approach many won’t like...
I would love to have Burrow be the QB of our future, but at the same time if the front office made a move or two like the one below, I wouldn’t hate it...

Bengals trade
1st and 2nd round picks (1, 33)

Dolphins trade
1st and 2nd round picks (5, 18, 26, 39,56)

We would then have the picks available to grab either Tua or Herbert.

And a second idea

Bengals trade
3rd round pick and J Ross

Rams trade
B Cooks

We get a reliable deep threat and the Rams get a pick and a reclamation project with high end speed/potential.

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 12:14 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: I would love to have Burrow be the QB of our future, but at the same time if the front office made a move or two like the one below, I wouldn’t hate it...

Bengals trade

Dolphins trade

And a second idea

Bengals trade

Rams trade
B Cooks

We get a reliable deep threat and the Rams get a pick and a reclamation project with high end speed/potential.

There is no way in hell the Bengals are passing on Burrow. 

Why in hell would the Rams trade Cooks for a less successful version of him?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 12:39 AM)McC Wrote: There is no way in hell the Bengals are passing on Burrow. 

Why in hell would the Rams trade Cooks for a less successful version of him?

I’m not saying we will pass on Burrow... just saying I wouldn’t hate it if the trade was right...

Also, the Rams shed salary of a player they are looking to trade, all while getting back a similar (yet unproven) player and the 1st pick in the third round

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 12:43 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: I’m not saying we will pass on Burrow... just saying I wouldn’t hate it if the trade was right...

Also, the Rams shed salary of a player they are looking to trade, all while getting back a similar (yet unproven) player and the 1st pick in the third round

You said many won't like the idea.  Count me among the many.  I'd trade Ross for Cooks in a heartbeat but I can't imagine the Rams doing that.

But, OTOH, they are screwed and they are stuck paying Gurley 7.5 mil to play for someone else.  But are they really paying Cooks all that much?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 12:14 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: I would love to have Burrow be the QB of our future, but at the same time if the front office made a move or two like the one below, I wouldn’t hate it...

Bengals trade

Dolphins trade

And a second idea

Bengals trade

Rams trade
B Cooks

I am not hating on you or anything, and this is not addressed to you specifically, but anyone on this board would like to list the last 7 first round picks for the Bengals.  I ask so just imagining if the Phins gave 7 1st round picks for Burrow...what would it net the Bengals?  

J. Williams
B. Price
J. Ross
WJ3
C. Ogbuehi
D. Dennard
T. Eifert

Hmm
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We are in the dead time. It is something to talk about. I apologize for being a dick.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 01:03 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am not hating on you are anything, and this is not addressed to you specifically, but anyone on this board would like to list the last 7 first round picks for the Bengals.  I ask so just imaging if the Phins gave 7 1st round picks for Burrow...what would it net the Bengals?  

J. Williams
B. Price
J. Ross
WJ3
C. Ogbuehi
D. Dennard
T. Eifert

Hmm

Touché... Fair point

Maybe Zac is more intelligent?

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 01:05 AM)McC Wrote: We are in the dead time. It is something to talk about. I apologize for being a dick.

No apology necessary. It is the dead period. But I feel like moves like this get us closer to being a complete team sooner. Maybe give Dalton to the Patriots for a 3rd round comp.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 01:03 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am not hating on you are anything, and this is not addressed to you specifically, but anyone on this board would like to list the last 7 first round picks for the Bengals.  I ask so just imaging if the Phins gave 7 1st round picks for Burrow...what would it net the Bengals?  

J. Williams
B. Price
J. Ross
WJ3
C. Ogbuehi
D. Dennard
T. Eifert

Hmm

I'll give you props on that one PHD.

And, I did a scenerio like that on another thread where I took the several picks they would get from a mega trade and I was like, meh....Lol

I had:

#5---OT--Becton
#18---DT--Kinlaw
#26---DE--Yetur Matos
#33---WR--Mims or other WR
#39---S--Delpit
#56---LB---Harrison

How many of those are going to hit as All Pros if Burrow ends up having a stellar career at QB? Goes to the Pro Bowl? Wins a SB? He better be playing against the Bengals if that's the case! Lol
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 01:05 AM)McC Wrote: We are in the dead time.  It is something to talk about.   I apologize for being a dick.

Good post Richard.  Ninja

Burrow better be a Bengal or I’m gonna be pissed. Not like anything spectacular happens when I’m pissed or anything, but I will be super pissed at this FO (again).

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 01:10 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: No apology necessary. It is the dead period. But I feel like moves like this get us closer to being a complete team sooner. Maybe give Dalton to the Patriots for a 3rd round comp.

Does anything get you closer to the promised land than a bad ass QB?  These guys don't fall out of trees. 

I totally understand the benefit of more picks.  If this was a Mayfield, Darnold draft, I might like the idea.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 01:03 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am not hating on you or anything, and this is not addressed to you specifically, but anyone on this board would like to list the last 7 first round picks for the Bengals.  I ask so just imagining if the Phins gave 7 1st round picks for Burrow...what would it net the Bengals?  

J. Williams
B. Price
J. Ross
WJ3
C. Ogbuehi
D. Dennard
T. Eifert

Hmm

I wouldn’t even trade a chance at Tua for that group, let alone Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 01:13 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I'll give you props on that one PHD.

And, I did a scenerio like that on another thread where I took the several picks they would get from a mega trade and I was like, meh....Lol

I had:

#5---OT--Becton
#18---DT--Kinlaw
#26---DE--Yetur Matos
#33---WR--Mims or other WR
#39---S--Delpit
#56---LB---Harrison

How many of those are going to hit as All Pros if Burrow ends up having a stellar career at QB? Goes to the Pro Bowl? Wins a SB? He better be playing against the Bengals if that's the case! Lol

I simmed it numerous times too, this is my average draft

#5---QB-Herbert
#18---LB-Murray
#26---OT-Jackson
#39---S--Delpit
#56---WR-Shenault

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
I would hate the idea - mainly because I'm of the thought that you don't take a QB that high unless you are completely sold on him being the franchise guy. I'm definitely not sold on Herbert and I worry about Tua. I don't make that trade and honestly after our free agency this year, we don't have the usual number of glaring weaknesses.
Reply/Quote