Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS 7 Round Mock
Has anyone seen the 7 Round Mock posted on CBS by John Breech? It was posted today. I could not believe that he feels these players will fall for the Bengals but here is what he posted:

Round 1 - 28th: Darnell Wright OT Tennessee

Round 2 - 60th: Darnell Washington TE Georgia

Round 3 - 92nd: Clark Phillips CB Utah

Round 4 - 131st: Tyjae Spears RB Tulane

Round 5 - 163rd: Bryce Baringer P Mich. St.

Round 6 - 206th: Tre Tucker WR UC

Round 7 - 249th: Dante Stills DT WV

I would be thrilled but just do not see this happening in anyway.
Reply/Quote
I saw it. Loved it. I also don’t see it going that way but dare to dream.

I wasn’t sold on punter in the fifth but oh well. I’d prefer iol there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:16 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I saw it.  Loved it.  I also don’t see it going that way but dare to dream.  

I wasn’t sold on punter in the fifth but oh well.  I’d prefer iol there.

I would love this draft but I just do not see it as realistic at all unless Breech has far more intimate insight than what I have seen.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:04 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Has anyone seen the 7 Round Mock posted on CBS by John Breech? It was posted today. I could not believe that he feels these players will fall for the Bengals but here is what he posted:

Round 1 - 28th: Darnell Wright OT Tennessee

Round 2 - 60th: Darnell Washington TE Georgia

Round 3 - 92nd: Clark Phillips CB Utah

Round 4 - 131st: Tyjae Spears RB Tulane

Round 5 - 163rd: Bryce Baringer P Mich. St.

Round 6 - 206th: Tre Tucker WR UC

Round 7 - 249th: Dante Stills DT WV

I would be thrilled but just do not see this happening in anyway.

Does he mention why he thinks Washington will fall to 60? I'm nervous that he won't even make it to 28.................
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Does he mention why he thinks Washington will fall to 60? I'm nervous that he won't even make it to 28.................

Here is what he said. I am also posting a link to the mock...

Quote:One reason a good tight end could fall this far is because NFL teams seem hesitant to use higher picks on them. In EACH of the past three drafts, there has only been one tight end taken with the first 54 picks. Even if that number doubles to two or even to three this year -- and it could, because this is a deep draft for tight ends -- it still wouldn't be surprising to see Washington available at this spot, and if he is, the Bengals should grab him. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-nfl-seven-round-mock-draft-for-the-bengals-joe-burrow-will-likely-be-happy-with-cincinnatis-first-pick/
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:52 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Here is what he said. I am also posting a link to the mock...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-nfl-seven-round-mock-draft-for-the-bengals-joe-burrow-will-likely-be-happy-with-cincinnatis-first-pick/

It is a deep draft but that doesn't mean teams won't take the better players early.

Was also surprised to see Phillips fall that far in the third but I'd love it if he did.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 04:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Does he mention why he thinks Washington will fall to 60? I'm nervous that he won't even make it to 28.................

I thought you’d be concerned about Mayer not falling to 28

Reply/Quote
Well this is what we all hope, crazy shit happens on draft day lol

Love all the players and find it unrealistic same as others but sure would love this. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 07:09 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I thought you’d be concerned about Mayer not falling to 28

Haven't seen my posts lately?

I still want Mayer but I think Washington could make out offense explosive.
Reply/Quote
If the draft falls as usual - you'll see the "less" valued positions slide a bit.

If for some reason we only see 1 TE go in the first round, I wouldn't shocked to see 3 or 4 come of the board early to mid round 2 (32-45)
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2023, 07:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Haven't seen my posts lately?

I still want Mayer but I think Washington could make out offense explosive.

Some of them. I quoted part of an article from espn plus that said there were about 20 players with a first round grade this year. Mayer was the only te on the list. I’d be happy with either. But I’d probably prefer a tackle or cb in 1 depending on who’s there.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2023, 10:30 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Some of them.  I quoted part of an article from espn plus that said there were about 20 players with a first round grade this year. Mayer was the only te on the list.  I’d be happy with either.  But I’d probably prefer a tackle or cb in 1 depending on who’s there.

All the more reason for the Bengals to trade down. Why take a player without a 1st round grade and pay them 1st round money? Draftwire says 17 first round grades and Mayer is not one of them.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2023, 11:50 AM)OSUfan Wrote: All the more reason for the Bengals to trade down. Why take a player without a 1st round grade and pay them 1st round money? Draftwire says 17 first round grades and Mayer is not one of them.

Then why trade up to get a player without a first round grade?

Cbs, draftwire. Potato, potahto

Reply/Quote
There are only so many players that get a first round grade in drafts and its usually only around 15 to 18 players then you have players that have first round grades for specific teams for instance Darnell Wright

As a tackle Darnell Wright isn't as scheme versatile. He is not going to be the backside tackle trying to stay in the hip pocket of the 3tech moving laterally in a wide zone system. He has position versatility that he could step inside to guard for some wide zone teams but that will hurt is draft stock with those teams.

In the Bengals offense Darnell Wright is a 1st round grade prospect. The power/gap lets him use his size and explosiveness to move vertically and he will be put on a track as a puller instead of him reacting to a defender in space. As a pass protector the quick release of Joe Burrow will be huge plus against his less than stellar reactive athleticism but his power and very experienced advanced hand counters will be on full display.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote