Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS 7 Round Mock
(12-07-2019, 10:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: You may have read it, the problem is anyone can put out a “mock draft”. He isn’t even the best WR on his own team at this point. He’s a day 3 pick and how early day 3 he goes will be determined by him putting up a really good combine performance. This WR class is loaded and from people I talked to (two scouts) he is a bit of an afterthought now after coming into the year with such high expectations.

Maybe someone falls in love with him but in this class falling in love with him would be 3rd round at the earliest.

Ha! Well, it wasn't Joe the plumber, it was a respectable source or I wouldn't have mentioned it. I just can't remember who it was, maybe one if the CBS guys?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 11:23 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Ha! Well, it wasn't Joe the plumber, it was a respectable source or I wouldn't have mentioned it. I just can't remember who it was, maybe one if the CBS guys?

Doubt it was CBS they don’t even have him in their top 200. Maybe it was one from preseason? I know McShay popped him in there in early October but he’s since disappeared basically from his projections.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 11:12 PM)kalibengal Wrote: No LBs?  wtf

It is a bad year for LBs but a good year for Offensive line. Unfortunately, we may have to wait until next year (supposedly much better for LBs) to fix our issues at that position. 

That said, I could be up for Malik Harrison in the 3rd or Joe Bachie in the 4th. If we get lucky and don't have to reach for one of the go

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 03:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Don't mind it, but any draft without a LB is pretty sketchy.

I'm also not a fan of drafting a LT and moving him to RT.  If you are going to draft a tackle, you better draft a true RT.

I would be ok with it if they go out and address LB with at least two quality FA, not basement bargain retreads.  I know that is a very big IF, but that is one position I would go with experience and intelligence...think a younger Dhani Jones.  
Reply/Quote
Draft is garbage. Josh jones is a project. Nick Harris is 6-1 and not thaaat good at all. And who the hell is playing linebacker for this team or are we going to again spend all year watching every team carve us out on the ground week after week. This draft is vomit other than Lamar jackson
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:09 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Draft is garbage.  Josh jones is a project.  Nick Harris is 6-1 and not thaaat good at all.  And who the hell is playing linebacker for this team or are we going to again spend all year watching every team carve us out on the ground week after week.  This draft is vomit other than Lamar jackson

Admit it you've never even watched Houston play.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:12 PM)Synric Wrote: Admit it you've never even watched Houston play.

Almost anyone who’s written any type
Of scouting report on jones says he’s a project he raw has a ton of upside but still needs a lot of work etc. I don’t want that especially at pick 33. Never have I watched Houston play but never did I say I did.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:37 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Almost anyone who’s written any type
Of scouting report on jones says he’s a project he raw has a ton of upside but still needs a lot of work etc.  I don’t want that especially at pick 33.  Never have I watched Houston play but never did I say I did.

I'm guessing you are reading out of date Draft Network profiles.

Josh Jones has been one of the best pass and run blocking offensive tackles in all of college football. He is a natural bender with solid feet, he has length and uses it, he has a physical mentality that shows he doesnt also want to block his guy but drives him into the dirt. 

His biggest concern right now is level of competition which he will erase at the Senior Bowl. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:59 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm guessing you are reading out of date Draft Network profiles.

Josh Jones has been one of the best pass and run blocking offensive tackles in all of college football. He is a natural bender with solid feet, he has length and uses it, he has a physical mentality that shows he doesnt also want to block his guy but drives him into the dirt. 

His biggest concern right now is level of competition which he will erase at the Senior Bowl. 

He is, like most people here. Reading one or two profiles on a guy and cherry picking lines is not scouting.

Jones is probably going to be this year's end of the 1st to a playoff contending tackle who gets plugged in next year and has a nice 10 year career. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 09:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: He is, like most people here. Reading one or two profiles on a guy and cherry picking lines is not scouting.

Jones is probably going to be this year's end of the 1st to a playoff contending tackle who gets plugged in next year and has a nice 10 year career. 

This is good year for offensive tackles alot better than last year. There is gonna be a guy worth taking at 33 or 34.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:59 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm guessing you are reading out of date Draft Network profiles.

Regardless of ur opinion on josh jones being different than mine and whether it’s outdated reports on him that I’ve read the draft is still garbage. The defense ranked dead last gets zero upgrade other than Lamar Jackson MAYBE. Point of my initial comment was that the cbs draft was garbage and that still is true. It’s been fun tho now get bent
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 02:35 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Regardless of ur opinion on josh jones being different than mine and whether it’s outdated reports on him that I’ve read the draft is still garbage.  The defense ranked dead last gets zero upgrade other than Lamar Jackson MAYBE.  Point of my initial comment was that the cbs draft was garbage and that still is true. It’s been fun tho now get bent

You don't actually have an opinion because you've never even seen the kid play. Let me give you some updated info.

He is on PFFs All-American Team.
https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-2019-pff-all-american-team

Quote:OFFENSIVE TACKLE

First Team: Josh Jones, Houston
In what almost became a throwaway year for the Cougars, Jones was a glaring bright spot in Houston. In his nine games, he was the highest-graded Houston player in all but one of them (D'Eriq King's final game) as Jones allowed just four total pressures on 325 pass-blocking snaps. He finished second in run-blocking grade and second in overall grade, dominating any defensive linemen placed in front of him.
An underrated aspect of any left tackle's repertoire is reliability, and Jones was only penalized twice all season long. He capped the 2019 year with elite grades across the board as he most certainly made huge strides on everyone's 2020 NFL Draft rankings.

This is Jones vs Oklahoma which is probably the best level of competition he seen this year.

https://youtu.be/4Rkg-m6Qit4

In this game he buries the edge player a few different times and is able to climb to the second level and pick up one of the best linebackers in College Football in Kenneth Murray in space. Josh Jones is gonna be a tackle to watch at the Senior Bowl.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 02:01 PM)Synric Wrote: This is good year for offensive tackles alot better than last year. There is gonna be a guy worth taking at 33 or 34.

Correct, I think Jones in last year's class is probably Tackle 2...maybe 3. I think you can get a really good tackle in the 3rd if you wanted to, and we may need to if a good LB is there at 33. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 06:18 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: It is a bad year for LBs but a good year for Offensive line. Unfortunately, we may have to wait until next year (supposedly much better for LBs) to fix our issues at that position. 

That said, I could be up for Malik Harrison in the 3rd or Joe Bachie in the 4th. If we get lucky and don't have to reach for one of the go

Dont think harrison will be there in the 3rd. I've seen him rated as high as the 5th best LB. If he keeps showing out like he did in the Big10 championship game he might play his way into the bottom of the first.

He leads the Buckeyes with 69 total tackles. He also has 16 TFL (2nd behind Young), 4.5 sacks (3rd behind Young and Hamilton) and 4 pass breakups (tied for 4th). Pretty damn good considering he only played the 1st half of most of their games.

At 6'3" 240lbs he's got the size and coverage skills to match up well against TEs. Something this team desperately needs.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 02:01 PM)Synric Wrote: This is good year for offensive tackles alot better than last year. There is gonna be a guy worth taking at 33 or 34.

There were OTs worth taking last year at 33 or 34 - the problem was the Bengals didn't pick until 42!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 09:39 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: There were OTs worth taking last year at 33 or 34 - the problem was the Bengals didn't pick until 42!

Those guys in this class would have been available at pick 63/64. This really is a good class compared to last year. 
Reply/Quote
What about KJ Hill as a sleeper pick at WR instead of DPJ ?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 10:07 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: What about KJ Hill as a sleeper pick at WR instead of DPJ ?

Right now to me he is a late pick possibly UDFA. People are going to want to compare him to McClaurin but he isn't that guy. I think he is going to need a good Senior Bowl and Combine to get into a mid round.
Reply/Quote