Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS New Mock has a surprise
(03-20-2018, 01:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: CBS now has Bengals selecting OT Martinas Rankin out of Mississippi State as our new Center in the second round.

Could be wrong just read quickly but believe Price was only Center gone in mock before Bengals pick which made it more of an oddity.

Does anybody know much about the kid and how do you feel about it ?

Don't like it, i like about a dozen OT's better in this draft than Rankin.

I want a Center in the 2nd round. We should take Ragnow here.

This Mock is rank with Rankin in the 2nd, ewww.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 03:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't like it, i like about a dozen OT's better in this draft than Rankin.

I want a Center in the 2nd round. We should take Ragnow here.

This Mock is rank with Rankin in the 2nd, ewww.

Well, the idea is to convert Rankin into a Center Tongue
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 03:06 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Isaiah Wynn is a beast.  I don't think Isaiah Wynn or Hernandez is a reach at 21.

Big fan of Wynn and would have been fine taking him in 1st before trading back even.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Going to trust Pollack for now and just pull for whomever he selects though until he proves otherwise.

Who knows who that will be, yet still want Edmunds or Wynn the most if they slip to us.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 05:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Going to trust Pollack for now and just pull for whomever he selects though until he proves otherwise.

Who knows who that will be, yet still want Edmunds or Wynn the most if they slip to us.

Could you imagine a starting LB combo of Edmunds, Brown and Burfict?  As the season wore on, and they all got really comfortable playing together, they could be the best set of LBs in the league.

I'm talking stellar, in an intergalactical sort of way.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 01:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: CBS now has Bengals selecting OT Martinas Rankin out of Mississippi State as our new Center in the second round.

Could be wrong just read quickly but believe Price was only Center gone in mock before Bengals pick which made it more of an oddity.

Does anybody know much about the kid and how do you feel about it ?

Frank Ragnow.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 04:28 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Well, the idea is to convert Rankin into a Center Tongue

Yeah and i don't like it. Mellow

(03-20-2018, 05:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Big fan of Wynn and would have been fine taking him in 1st before trading back even.

Me too, Wynn is a talent.

Would be a great pick at 21 and was for trading down and taking him before we traded for Glenn.

I actually like Wynn better than Hernandez cause of his versatility.

(03-20-2018, 05:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Going to trust Pollack for now and just pull for whomever he selects though until he proves otherwise.

ThumbsUp

(03-20-2018, 06:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Could you imagine a starting LB combo of Edmunds, Brown and Burfict?  As the season wore on, and they all got really comfortable playing together, they could be the best set of LBs in the league.

This stuff gets me excited. Man Edmunds just jumps off tape when i watch the guy. Dude is one big, fast sumbitch that
takes great angles and tackles like a mad man. He can even cover, i think he may be a star in the NFL.

Doubt he falls to us though, Roquan might but i just don't see the greatness i see in Edmunds with Roquan even if i
would be just fine with him at 21 too.

(03-20-2018, 08:13 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Frank Ragnow.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 01:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When I read things like "Struggles with power", "Pad level too high in run blocking", "Hands high and wide", "Not a good drive blocker", it scares the shit out of me.  

Honestly, I'd be quite disappointed if they went that route.

Sounds like we already have that guy on the roster right now
Reply/Quote
These NFL draft reviews sometimes seem sketchy at best. Plenty of really good  players have drawn the same kinds of reactions in those reviews over the years so best to take them with a grain of salt.  Some are dead on, but most are not . They're still young guys just out of college and have only been taught at the college level with a few exceptions . Heck, a lot still haven't begun growing facial hair and grown to their full adult sizes .
Anyway, I haven't really watched a lot of college ball in the past few years so kind of tough to make any kind of reasonable assessment. But how often are mock drafts correct about who the Bengals select ? They're all over the place  ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Wynn or Hernandez works for me at 21. I wouldn't mind a center or RT in round 2. we need oline help bad. if the Vikings did a complete overhaul why can't we.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 06:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Could you imagine a starting LB combo of Edmunds, Brown and Burfict?  As the season wore on, and they all got really comfortable playing together, they could be the best set of LBs in the league.

Would be just what the Dr ordered. 

And insurance in case Burfict misses any more time. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 08:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah and i don't like it. Mellow

Me too, Wynn is a talent.

Would be a great pick at 21 and was for trading down and taking him before we traded for Glenn.

I actually like Wynn better than Hernandez cause of his versatility.

ThumbsUp

This stuff gets me excited. Man Edmunds just jumps off tape when i watch the guy. Dude is one big, fast sumbitch that
takes great angles and tackles like a mad man. He can even cover, i think he may be a star in the NFL.

Doubt he falls to us though, Roquan might but i just don't see the greatness i see in Edmunds with Roquan even if i
would be just fine with him at 21 too.

:andy:

Agree completely

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 05:46 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Wynn or Hernandez works for me at 21.  I wouldn't mind a center or RT in round 2.   we need oline help bad.  if the Vikings did a complete overhaul why can't we.

Yep

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 08:13 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Frank Ragnow.

Agree but am actually fine with Price, Daniels, Ragnow, and even Quessenberry.

Whoever Pollack likes I will get behind until proven wrong though

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 04:59 AM)grampahol Wrote: These NFL draft reviews sometimes seem sketchy at best. Plenty of really good  players have drawn the same kinds of reactions in those reviews over the years so best to take them with a grain of salt.  Some are dead on, but most are not . They're still young guys just out of college and have only been taught at the college level with a few exceptions . Heck, a lot still haven't begun growing facial hair and grown to their full adult sizes .
Anyway, I haven't really watched a lot of college ball in the past few years so kind of tough to make any kind of reasonable assessment. But how often are mock drafts correct about who the Bengals select ? They're all over the place  ..

So true

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Anyone have a video of Edmunds beating up his grandma they want to share before draft day? It's gotta be bad enough that no team will want him ,but not too bad for Mikey..  THAT'S the Bengals secret draft day weapon!   Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 01:04 PM)grampahol Wrote: Anyone have a video of Edmunds beating up his grandma they want to share before draft day? It's gotta be bad enough that no team will want him ,but not too bad for Mikey..  THAT'S the Bengals secret draft day weapon!   Ninja

Have not heard of any trouble Edmunds has gotten into ? 

Know you have a ninja up but poor attempt at humor if it is a joke. 

But if he has done something like this then it will change my opinion quickly. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I would not mind the Bengals moving Westerman to C since he played there in college, then taking Wynn or Hernandez in the draft to replace Hopkins at RG. That way, C and RG are interchangeable and can cover for each other in case of injury.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 01:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: I would not mind the Bengals moving Westerman to C since he played there in college, then taking Wynn or Hernandez in the draft to replace Hopkins at RG. That way, C and RG are interchangeable and can cover for each other in case of injury.

Goebbels keeps talking about Hopkins playing C.  Wonder if there is anything to that or it's just Hobs being Hobs.  It also kinda tells me they don't see him playing G any more, or at least not as a starter.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 01:57 PM)McC Wrote: Goebbels keeps talking about Hopkins playing C.  Wonder if there is anything to that or it's just Hobs being Hobs.  It also kinda tells me they don't see him playing G any more, or at least not as a starter.

With Redmond available to back up at RG, Hopkins becomes expendable. 
Reply/Quote