Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports Mock Draft: Bengals take Baker Mayfield
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-select-qb-baker-mayfield-to-replace-andy-dalton/

I don't see anyway in hell that happens since it doesn't appear anyone in management of this organization thinks it's time to move on from Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:50 PM)Fullrock Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-select-qb-baker-mayfield-to-replace-andy-dalton/

I don't see anyway in hell that happens since it doesn't appear anyone in management of this organization thinks it's time to move on from Dalton.

I'll take Andy over Baker Mayfield every single time. 
Reply/Quote
And on yet another mock draft report:

9. CINCINNATI BENGALS (5-8): LAMAR JACKSON, QUARTERBACK, LOUISVILLE
The Marvin Lewis/Andy Dalton era in Cincinnati has to be over. It just has to. The duo hasn’t done anything of consequence. Ever. It’s time for new blood. And there’s no better way to change the team’s outlook that bringing in a playmaker like Lamar Jackson. He’s not a running quarterback. He’s an amazing passer who can also run, better than many running backs. Team him up with Joe Mixon, A.J. Green and, yes, John Ross, and you’ll have something special.
Reply/Quote
I'm trying to keep an open mind about replacing Andy, in case a new coach wants to do so, but I keep seeing reports like this:

Quote:12/7/17: Mayfield has completed 71 percent of his passes this season for 4,340 yards with 41 touchdowns and five interceptions. He also has five rushing touchdowns. Mayfield led Oklahoma to an impressive road win at Ohio State, lost a shootout at home to Iowa State, and led the Sooners to an epic win over Oklahoma State, in which Mayfield threw for 598 yards on the Cowboys.

Some in the media have said they think Mayfield will be a first-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. I reached out to some team sources, and they said that could be possible given the way quarterbacks rise. Mayfield is undersized for the NFL with just average arm strength, however. He can have issues reading defenses, too. One big area of improvement for Mayfield is his footwork as he gets happy feet in the pocket. One college scouting director told me that Mayfield's feet are terrible. In speaking with one NFL general manager, they said they liked Mayfield and had a fourth-round grade on him. Their team always grades quarterbacks hard, and they like how Mayfield has played this year.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php#ixzz51AOlFkcW

Is this the guy who ran from police and points at his crotch on the field?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:50 PM)Fullrock Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-select-qb-baker-mayfield-to-replace-andy-dalton/

Never know with a new coach, i personally don't like it as i don't feel Dalton is in anyway the problem, the coaching
is and the cheapness in which we use Free Agency. But i also am not a hater on Mayfield and think he could be a very
good QB, he can throw his WR's open. Something Dalton just does not do very often if at all.

Dalton needs his WR's to get seperation which is even more of a slam on the coaches not using our faster WR's much
if at all. If a new HC came in and wanted to pick his QB for the future this could be possible though.

Better attack the O-line in FA though or Mayfield wouldn't do anything here. He has a great O-line in college.

Would like to draft a few guys off that line.
Reply/Quote
Please I wish!!! Mayfield is ten times better then Dalton and ten times more confident and passionate about winning. Watch he's going to beat georgia,the guy is a winner and the next star qb.
Reply/Quote
Clearly these guys don't know our team.

We'll either

A. Take a receiver we don't need.
B. Draft an injured player that was great until the injury because they would have been #1

Whatever

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:27 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Clearly these guys don't know our team.

We'll either

A.  Take a receiver we don't need.
B.  Draft an injured player that was great until the injury because they would have been #1

Whatever

Not if marvins out
Reply/Quote
Connor Williams or Quenton Nelson or nothing at all
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:23 PM)BMK Wrote: And on yet another mock draft report:

The Marvin Lewis/Andy Dalton era in Cincinnati has to be over. It just has to. The duo hasn’t done anything of consequence. Ever. It’s time for new blood. And there’s no better way to change the team’s outlook that bringing in a playmaker like Lamar Jackson. He’s not a running quarterback. He’s an amazing passer who can also run, better than many running backs. Team him up with Joe Mixon, A.J. Green and, yes, John Ross, and you’ll have something special.

Don't like this at all. Everytime i have watched Lamar he has been a terrible pocket passer.

I guess if we want to have a QB run for his life he would be the best one but i like my QB to be able to
pass the ball out of the pocket. Lamar is crazy skinny too and i think would be more like the next RG3 with
a weaker arm.
Reply/Quote
I really think a new coach could bring in their own QB.

That said...we'll be picking about the 3rd or 4th QB drafted. The odds of that guy being a star are extremely low...and it's going to take atleast 2 years to get him some seasoning...so you enter rebuilding.

With Atkins, Dunlap, and Green al around 30 years old...by the time the QB was good...they'd be on the decline.

It just wouldn't make sense.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:30 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Connor Williams or Quenton Nelson or nothing at all

You would say no to Christian Wilkens or Roquan Smith?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't like this at all. Everytime i have watched Lamar he has been a terrible pocket passer.

I guess if we want to have a QB run for his life he would be the best one but i like my QB to be able to
pass the ball out of the pocket. Lamar is crazy skinny too and i think would be more like the next RG3 with
a weaker arm.

Yeah Jackson won't be a good Pro QB. He doesn't have the accuracy or size. It would be a terrible pick.

I don't even think I'd want him with our 2nd Round pick.
Reply/Quote

Lamar Jackson sounds like a fun player ,but I don't think he would get us wins,just some exciting running and some exciting plays. What I fear most about him is the way he talks,he talks kind of dumb. Just listening to him I don't know how he'd communicate good with a offense.he sounds worse then Ryan mallet.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah Jackson won't be a good Pro QB. He doesn't have the accuracy or size. It would be a terrible pick.

I don't even think I'd want him with our 2nd Round pick.

Agreed. Jackson is the last QB in this draft I want. I wouldn't touch him with a 30 foot pole. 

I don't really want Mayfield either. I like his passion and desire to win but.. Something about the guy just bugs me. But if we are going the QB route id much rather they take Mayfield over Jackson. 

I really like Joshua Allen out of Wyoming. I think we should address one of our other glaring needs in round one, as Rosen and Darnold will be long gone by the time we pick. And as of now, Allen should be there in round 2 for us. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:28 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Not if marvins out

Supposedly Marv didn't want Ross, soooo....
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:39 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Lamar Jackson sounds like a fun player ,but I don't think he would get us wins,just some exciting running and some exciting plays. What I fear most about him is the way he talks,he talks kind of dumb. Just listening to him I don't know how he'd communicate good with a offense.he sounds worse then Ryan mallet.

I think he's the classic athletic QB who does great in college but the skillset won't translate to the Pros.

Really you look around the league and what is successful...and it's not guys like Jackson. The QB's that run are almost all 6 foot 4, 240 lb guys that look like RB's with the exception of Rodgers...but he's very accurate.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:43 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Agreed. Jackson is the last QB in this draft I want. I wouldn't touch him with a 30 foot pole. 

I don't really want Mayfield either. I like his passion and desire to win but.. Something about the guy just bugs me. But if we are going the QB route id much rather they take Mayfield over Jackson. 

I really like Joshua Allen out of Wyoming. I think we should address one of our other glaring needs in round one, as Rosen and Darnold will be long gone by the time we pick. And as of now, Allen should be there in round 2 for us. 

Josh Allen has a great arm and lots of talent. He would take a bit to coach up though, dude is extremely raw
and is inaccurate at times. Great size, arm strength and is a pocket passer atleast. Would like this guy much
more than Lamar but it won't matter if the O-line is not fixed.

Want that 2nd round pick for our next Center.
Reply/Quote
Clicked on a link on MSN feed this morning had us taking Lamar Jackson.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Yup, that's the one I saw.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote