Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports Mock Draft: Bengals take Baker Mayfield
(12-13-2017, 07:24 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Im done with Bengals fans ,I won't be back here,I'll stick to goodberry on twitter . But people on these boards and Facebook are complete idiots. All you hear here is we need to draft 3 o lineman back to back. And people saying they'd take blandy over Mayfield.  By skill alone Mayfield blows blandy away. We will never win with dalton point blank , he's a waste of years on everyone's life except for his worshippers that just love to see the guy throw.

So everyone but you and that douchebag band geek on twitter are idiots?  Yeah, it's the world that's wrong. LMAO Rolleyes

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:27 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Clearly these guys don't know our team.

We'll either

A.  Take a receiver we don't need.
B.  Draft an injured player that was great until the injury because they would have been #1

Whatever

C. Bring in an undrafted player with character issues
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 10:14 AM)jason Wrote: Lord have mercy....

he doesn't stop there...

yeah, astro-turf is not = to grass Einstein. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I would have really liked getting Watson.....there's a good player, a humble man, and has a great head on his shoulders.  Also, very clutch.  Alas, that wasn't to be.  The kid out of UCLA would be my pick this year, but he probably doesn't make it to us.

Reply/Quote
As others have said, I'm perfectly fine if we find a better QB than Dalton (key word: better), but all of you who think that our most immediate need is QB and/or that our first round draft pick should be QB, well, guess what? Welcome to the Mike Brown mindset. I don't ever want to hear you guys complain about the Bengal's owner again.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:27 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Clearly these guys don't know our team.

We'll either

A.  Take a receiver we don't need.
B.  Draft an injured player that was great until the injury because they would have been #1

Whatever

Or C) CB
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 07:24 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Im done with Bengals fans ,I won't be back here,I'll stick to goodberry on twitter . But people on these boards and Facebook are complete idiots. All you hear here is we need to draft 3 o lineman back to back. And people saying they'd take blandy over Mayfield.  By skill alone Mayfield blows blandy away. We will never win with dalton point blank , he's a waste of years on everyone's life except for his worshippers that just love to see the guy throw.

While I get what you're saying, why is there such a big deal to make other Bengals fans follow your opinions?
If people don't agree with you, so be it. Just be happy on the occasion you are right and some are wrong.
That's the problem with people in this social media world - everyone has to try and argue their side just to try and get everyone on board with it when in reality most people's opinion simply don't (or shouldn't) matter.
You do you Boo.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While I get what you're saying, why is there such a big deal to make other Bengals fans follow your opinions?
If people don't agree with you, so be it. Just be happy on the occasion you are right and some are wrong.
That's the problem with people in this social media world - everyone has to try and argue their side just to try and get everyone on board with it when in reality most people's opinion simply don't (or shouldn't) matter.
You do you Boo.

Exactly.  While you and I generally agree on most things Bengals, there have been times we have disagreed, explained our view on the matters, and agreed to disagree....or in some cases....came to see the other's side.  It's not that hard, really.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 10:03 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Hilarious  Ikr? I mean the dude can't even shake and evade a slow police officer?

Seriously, find that cop that tackled him, we need LBers!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Good lord, get up off the floor and quit throwing a temper tantrum.. You do this in the real world when people don't agree with you? Btw, no to Mayfield!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 08:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Mayfield is an extremely accurate deep ball thrower, is very accurate rolling out of the pocket and adjusting to broken plays.
I'm not sure where you guys are all getting your information from, but he can do back-foot throws accurately for 50-60 yards.
Watch his tape.

PFF grades him as the best in the last 2 years to come out of the NCAA.

Yea yea yea, he's a little cocky, but what do you expect from a guy that was a walk on. No one really recruited him out of HS, he has a chip on his shoulder, is highly competitive and flat out doesn't like to lose. Also he's not even close to being a Manziel. He's pulled a couple of dumb stunts, but the locker room is his to command. Manziel didn't have that, Manziel was about Manziel.

(12-13-2017, 09:48 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Because all any of the people posting about him know is that he got in trouble for being caught talking shit to a team/fans that were talking shit to him. I've watched most of the OU games over the past few years and Baker Mayfield is nothing like Manziel personality wise at all. He's highly accurate and makes plays Dalton would never be able to. Mayfield throws a tight, sharp throw whether hes in the pocket, on the run, or throwing off his back foot. Most importantly, he actually keeps his deep throws in bounds. He's a very smart, gutsy, drew brees/rodgers esque player but idk if I'd pick him before the second or third round. 

If you watch the games, at least once a game he comes up hobbling and is slightly injured. I worry in the NFL when the people are even bigger and stronger he won't be able to last. 

Also, to those people saying Manziel was a bust; the dude has an addiction problem so we have no idea what he would have done given he actually cared about aging football. One thing someone will never say about Baker Mayfield is that he doesn't live and die football. 

Honestly, this is what i have seen when watching the guy ON the field.

Hell of a QB that throws his Receivers and his big TE open. Makes those awe throws that i don't see from Dalton.

His OFF the field stuff is weird though to say the least. But people saying he doesn't have good pocket awareness and has
happy feet i disagree with when watching Baker Mayfield play. Does he get a little ancy, sure but he will make the play after
and that is all that counts. Remember how Peyton would move his feet in the pocket?

Guess some would call that happy feet.

His off the field stuff and the fact he is pretty short for an NFL QB are the things that give me pause.

Nothing about his play on the field do.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 10:03 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Hilarious  Ikr? I mean the dude can't even shake and evade a slow police officer?

Have you tried running while drunk, man? It's like molasses 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 02:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: As others have said, I'm perfectly fine if we find a better QB than Dalton (key word: better), but all of you who think that our most immediate need is QB and/or that our first round draft pick should be QB, well, guess what? Welcome to the Mike Brown mindset. I don't ever want to hear you guys complain about the Bengal's owner again.

Well stated Phil. Toys are nice, but they should be added after a solid foundation is in place. The Ross & Mixon picks still chap my ass. See....Alvin Kamara or Kareem Hunt.
Reply/Quote
Yuck.  Smallish, bad footwork, average arm strength.  He does not seem like the type of dude who would go to the pros and excel.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:50 PM)Fullrock Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-select-qb-baker-mayfield-to-replace-andy-dalton/

I don't see anyway in hell that happens since it doesn't appear anyone in management of this organization thinks it's time to move on from Dalton.

(12-13-2017, 03:23 PM)BMK Wrote: And on yet another mock draft report:

9. CINCINNATI BENGALS (5-8): LAMAR JACKSON, QUARTERBACK, LOUISVILLE
The Marvin Lewis/Andy Dalton era in Cincinnati has to be over. It just has to. The duo hasn’t done anything of consequence. Ever. It’s time for new blood. And there’s no better way to change the team’s outlook that bringing in a playmaker like Lamar Jackson. He’s not a running quarterback. He’s an amazing passer who can also run, better than many running backs. Team him up with Joe Mixon, A.J. Green and, yes, John Ross, and you’ll have something special.

Andy......
is...........
not.........
the.........
problem..
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 07:47 AM)Stewy Wrote: Andy......
is...........
not.........
the.........
problem..

This should be the ending of this thread.  Clapping
Reply/Quote