Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports latest 2 round Mock
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/two-round-2021-nfl-mock-draft-five-qbs-gone-in-first-eight-picks-bears-steelers-get-qbs-in-round-2/

pick #5 - Penei Sewell
Pick #38 - Rashod Bateman.

I would have NO problems with this outcome. In fact I really like Bateman falling to us at 38.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
I rather have Terrence Marshall of LSU.
Reply/Quote
I’d be pretty happy with this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 02:08 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I rather have Terrence Marshall of LSU.

I would, too, but I highly doubt he’s there at 38.

Reply/Quote
I don't think Bateman, Marshall, and possibly Kadarius Toney will be there at 38. If the Bengals want a WR there they will likely have to reach for Dyami Brown or Nico Collins.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 02:12 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't think Bateman, Marshall, and possibly Kadarius Toney will be there at 38. If the Bengals want a WR there they will likely have to reach for Dyami Brown or Nico Collins.

I'd be pissed if Ravens or any other AFC North team gets Toney.  He could be a real handful.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 02:12 PM)Synric Wrote: If the Bengals want a WR there they will likely have to reach for Dyami Brown or Nico Collins.

Or...

They could just select Chase and pick a lineman in the 2nd.

Here we go...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 02:21 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Or...

They could just select Chase and pick a lineman in the 2nd.

Here we go...

I dont wanna get into that debate lol.

I'm just saying I believe we are going to see a very heavy Offensive 1st Round. The draft is lacking high end X Receiver types like Bateman and Marshall. Kadarius Toney is a playmaker than be used as the Z, in the slot, and out of the backfield.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 02:04 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/two-round-2021-nfl-mock-draft-five-qbs-gone-in-first-eight-picks-bears-steelers-get-qbs-in-round-2/

pick #5 -  Penei Sewell
Pick #38 - Rashod Bateman.

I would have NO problems with this outcome. In fact I really like Bateman falling to us at 38.

Thoughts?
My gut is Bateman or Marshall will be there at 38.. 
Reply/Quote
We are really at the time of year where we have heard so many names that apparently 100 people will be going in the first 32 picks. I find myself thinking this often as well but here is a quick example of guys I have seen in the 1st round in various mock drafts and rankings.

QB's (5)
Lawrence/Wilson/Fields/Lance/Jones

WR's (7)
Chase/Smith/Waddle/Bateman/Marshall/Toney/Moore

TE (1)
Pitts

HB's (2)
Harris/Etienne

OL (10)
Sewell/Slater/Darrishaw/ Vera-Tucker/ Jenkins/ Dickerson/Mayfield/Cosmi/ Leatherwood/ Eichenburg

IDL (2)
Barramore/Onwuzirke

Edge (6)
Paye/Oweh/Ojulari/Phillips/Rousseau/Basham

LB (3)
Parsons/Collins/Owusu-Koramoah

CB (6)
Suratin/Horn/Farley/Newsome/ Campbell/Samuel

S (1)
Moehrig

That is a quick list and I was close to 45 guys who are supposedly going in the 1st round based on various people's predictions. In reality, there are always some wildcards not even mentioned there potentially (maybe a mystery safety I have heard). While we keep getting told it's unlikely we see HB's in the 1st, we have heard that before and then someone goes and another goes at the end via trade up. We are in a great position to get two quality starters with our first two picks, and frankly, I think either order will work out fine for us.
Reply/Quote
Looking at other guys who will be available in the 2nd, what are folks thoughts on Joe Tryon (EDGE) or Nick Bolton (Linebacker)?

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 06:49 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Looking at other guys who will be available in the 2nd, what are folks thoughts on Joe Tryon (EDGE) or Nick Bolton (Linebacker)?

We will draft a WR either in the 1st or the 2nd so Tryon or Bolton wont even be on our radar in the 2nd. Both good prospects tho.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 02:08 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I rather have Terrence Marshall of LSU.

This ends up being the great compromise, I always find myself taking Sewell and then Marshall if they're there in the simulators.  You'd get the chemistry with Burrow that people crave for with Chase (though Chase is much more talented) and an elite OT.  
Reply/Quote