Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS consensus mock ( CBS,NFL.com, ESPN)
Elam to us at #31

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/consensus-nfl-2022-mock-draft-heres-where-majority-of-mocks-see-kenny-pickett-malik-willis-and-more-going/amp/
Reply/Quote
In this consensus of several mocks Elam is our guy
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't bother me none.
I usually pick him in my mocks as well.

But the mocks out there now are getting trade crazy and people are dreaming lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would not be upset with the pick. But listening to McShay last night....he thought picking a secondary guy late in round two might be of similar value you'd get to picking one in round one. It's a deep class.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 02:28 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I would not be upset with the pick. But listening to McShay last night....he thought picking a secondary guy late in round two might be of similar value you'd get to picking one in round one. It's a deep class.

I wouldn’t mind us picking a G/C or DT/Edge in round 1 then secondary in 2.

I have a feeling the top safeties and corners will be gone before we pick. Grab an interior olineman or dlineman and move on. Could even trade down for an extra pick.

It’s all about where the values at though. Who knows what’ll happen.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 03:23 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I wouldn’t mind us picking a G/C or DT/Edge in round 1 then secondary in 2.

I have a feeling the top safeties and corners will be gone before we pick. Grab an interior olineman or dlineman and move on. Could even trade down for an extra pick.

It’s all about where the values at though. Who knows what’ll happen.

Logan Hall in rd 1 and Taylor or CTB in 2? Great start to the draft. Then worry about OL depth in 3/4 with Strange  Rock On
Reply/Quote
Elam is my favorite realistic option for us at CB. Size, speed, SEC pedigree. I don’t like the medical concerns with Booth, or that he didn’t test.

Reply/Quote
Elam or McDuffie would be good at 31. I wouldn't complain about Gordon either. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 10:48 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Elam to us at #31

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/consensus-nfl-2022-mock-draft-heres-where-majority-of-mocks-see-kenny-pickett-malik-willis-and-more-going/amp/

Don't really see it. The only top CB's we've had in for private workouts are Booth CBT and Alontae Taylor. To me that kinda tells me they're going Defensive Line in round 1 IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 03:52 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Logan Hall in rd 1 and Taylor or CTB in 2? Great start to the draft. Then worry about OL depth in 3/4 with Strange  Rock On
Would love to get Strange but he's getting some 2nd round love right now. I'd be happy with him or Parham in round 2 or 3
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 01:50 AM)pulses Wrote: Don't really see it. The only top CB's we've had in for private workouts are Booth CBT and Alontae Taylor. To me that kinda tells me they're going Defensive Line  in round 1 IMO.

Don't read too much into that at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 01:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: Don't read too much into that at all.

Goodberry stated the same for a different reason. 3T is rarer than CB in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 02:08 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Goodberry stated the same for a different reason. 3T is rarer than CB in this draft.

I have stated for months now, I don't think they make the pick at 31. Ideally I think they'd like to pick up another 3rd, but would settle for a 4th so they could get a TE, 3T, and CB all on day 2/early day 3. The way the draft shakes out will dictate a lot though, if you really start looking at how a lot of mocks are going I think realistically there could be 2 or 3 CB and DT options available at 31 which means a move would make a lot of sense.

...but mocks are never accurate and the draft never goes as we expect so who knows. Goodberry is really hung up about snaps lost with Larry's departure but honestly he has made too big an issue out of it. Some of those will shift to younger guys and then you can back fill those snaps with a veteran picked up mid summer (maybe even Larry). Hell, BJ Hill didn't get here until right before the season started.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 02:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: I have stated for months now, I don't think they make the pick at 31. Ideally I think they'd like to pick up another 3rd, but would settle for a 4th so they could get a TE, 3T, and CB all on day 2/early day 3. The way the draft shakes out will dictate a lot though, if you really start looking at how a lot of mocks are going I think realistically there could be 2 or 3 CB and DT options available at 31 which means a move would make a lot of sense.

...but mocks are never accurate and the draft never goes as we expect so who knows. Goodberry is really hung up about snaps lost with Larry's departure but honestly he has made too big an issue out of it. Some of those will shift to younger guys and then you can back fill those snaps with a veteran picked up mid summer (maybe even Larry). Hell, BJ Hill didn't get here until right before the season started.

Which, to have young guys take those snaps, they would need to be drafted, no? Unless your plan is using Cam Sample as a full time 3T, we have no one behind Hill. 3T are relatively limited supply in this draft so you may have to get one in round 1 to prevent a massive reach later.

As for Hill not being here at the start if the season, wasn't he there when Lou was at NYG? Couldn't he have picked up some of the tendencies even if not directly involved with him at the time?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 02:41 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Which, to have young guys take those snaps, they would need to be drafted, no? Unless your plan is using Cam Sample as a full time 3T, we have no one behind Hill. 3T are relatively limited supply in this draft so you may have to get one in round 1 to prevent a massive reach later.

As for Hill not being here at the start if the season, wasn't he there when Lou was at NYG? Couldn't he have picked up some of the tendencies even if not directly involved with him at the time?

I think Ossai is going to get more edge snaps and I think Hubbard will kick in and play some 3t like he did in the past. I also think Sample will take some of those snaps as well. 3t also isn't as limited as I think we are making it out to be, I have been told by personnel people it is better than last years class that was bad...but it better.

Not really what I am saying, I am saying there will be vets to be had during the summer and leading up to final roster cut downs. Joe's claim is we need to replace the snaps but there is an assumption it has to come from drafted players but my point is those snaps didn't come from drafted players last year. Larry O for instance will probably be close to being cleared by the end of the summer and could be brought back on a deal similar to Mike Daniels last year.

I should mention, I am not opposed to a 3t like a Hall, I am just saying it's not this super massive issue that if it isn't addressed rd1 or 2 we are completely screwed.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 02:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: I have stated for months now, I don't think they make the pick at 31. Ideally I think they'd like to pick up another 3rd, but would settle for a 4th so they could get a TE, 3T, and CB all on day 2/early day 3. The way the draft shakes out will dictate a lot though, if you really start looking at how a lot of mocks are going I think realistically there could be 2 or 3 CB and DT options available at 31 which means a move would make a lot of sense.

Yeah and I think Sample and even Hubbard could take some of those snaps if needed. I'm ready to turn Ossai loose as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 06:19 PM)pulses Wrote: Yeah and I think Sample and even Hubbard could take some of those snaps if needed. I'm ready to turn Ossai loose as well.

Am so looking forward to seeing what Ossai brings to the table for the Bengals defense. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 07:39 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Am so looking forward to seeing what Ossai brings to the table for the Bengals defense. 

I try and keep from getting all geeked up about Ossai since all we've seen is some preseason snaps. But wow did he shine !

He's one I can't wait to see this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 07:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I try and keep from getting all geeked up about Ossai since all we've seen is some preseason snaps. But wow did he shine !

He's one I can't wait to see this year.

Me too, you know you watch the film and immediately see Ossai looks like a beast, but we've all seen this many times when the Beast Mode does not translate into the NFL. 

Yet it certainly looked like it was going to in the tiny litmus test we received in preseason and Tampa Bay was not just letting Ossai take free shots at Brady for the heck of it. 

One of my favorite things about this offseason is the addition of Ossai. Hope he lives up to even half of the expectations we've believe he is capable of achieving in Bengal Stripes.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote